Son's coast to coast

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by NewSuz, Jul 13, 2011.

1. NewSuz

NewSuz Old coot on scoot

Oddometer:
    Just to remind everybody that its the spirit that counts, and you don't need the latest hi-tech machine to have a true adventure. When I turned 60 awhile ago and decided I'd better have at least one more new bike, I gave my son my trusty '82 Yamaha XV920RJ. Last week, he tells me he's going to take her to Key West from here in Northern California. Well, I advised him not to take the route he was planning through Nogales and Phoenix, etc. in the middle of July, and to change the oil and put on a new rear tire. The ole' girl had 76,000 miles when he headed out on Hwy. 80. He's been riding 400-500 miles a day and "commando" camping. Called me last night from Chicago. I wish he had joined ADV so he could post up here, but I've been following him on Facebook and he's apparently having quite an experience. The bike is still holding up, although weeping at the seams a bit. Go, son, go!
  2. DaveStockwell

DaveStockwell Rock Fodder

Oddometer:
    Very Cool! His trip reminds me of my first real ride. Minneapolis to Denver and back on a '72 Honda 450 Scrambler. It reminds me that it's easy to get caught up in all the latest "Must-Have" gear and forget to actually get out there and enjoy the miles and smiles. Give him a big congratulations from up here in Seattle for me!
  3. woody's wheel works

woody's wheel works Built to Last Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    that's all ya need to know,,:wink:

:freaky
    woody n gang