R850GS Tank Decals

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RAL88, Jan 25, 2013.

1. RAL88

RAL88 Marineboy

Oddometer:
    I am converting my R850R to a GS and since there were no 850GS's imported into the US it is impossible to get the tank decals here. I am having some made and thought that others who are doing the same project might want to get some.

This may be the wrong place for this but I thought more people would see it who might want the decals.

I am not looking at making any money on this but will offer the stickers for what I am paying for them which is $40 each plus shipping. I am having them made up next Wednesday and need to make them in one batch so if you would like some PM me before then so we can set something up.

Below is a sample of what the sticker looks like. It is all silver with a clear background so your tank color shows through. I have it on the Dolphin Blue background because that is the color of my tank. The sticker is approximately 11 inches long.

[​IMG]
  2. lkchris

lkchris Albuquerque

Oddometer:
    Look up the part numbers on realoem.com

Go to your dealer and order them

Both are possible.
  3. RAL88

RAL88 Marineboy

Oddometer:
    I called a bunch of dealers in the US and all said they were not able to get them for me in the US. To order them from the UK it is $131 for two stickers
  4. PaperBoy

PaperBoy Dig that Crazy Beak

Oddometer:
    Oroville, Washington, USA - 48.938665, -119.427047
    I know this is an old post, but I was looking for new decals for my R1100GS and they only sell the anniversary ones at the dealer, but no other choices. And they're like $50 EACH. What I did instead was take a photo of my old decal and with some work in photoshop made a high quality .pdf and .jpg and then went to VistaPrint and created my own decals. When you create, save the file in such a way that you have a transparent background. It will look like you have gray & white squares where it is clear when you view on the screen, but these don't print and will match your tank color underneath.

[​IMG]

They are printed on clear film and are easily placed on the tank using the wet water and soap method. They don't recommend you put on the side of the vehicle, but I've been riding with mine for several months now and have had no problems. You could take the decal you posted here and do the same. They cost me about $17 for both, but the size of the workspace they give you you could make several sets. If you don't fill the blank space (in the workspace) you end up with a lot of spare clear film to laminate stuff in your wallet if you want. I should have made three sets of decals or something else I needed, maybe smaller decals for the beak.

The results were very good -- the blacks could have been blacker (very mat, almost a dark, dark charcoal) and the silver looks sort of gray/white (probably because my original didn't look very silver in the first place), but on my blue and white tank they look great. Oh yea, I should have said, the reason I needed them was because I put a blue/white R1150GS tank on and wanted to make sure everyone knew that it was still an R1100GS despite the beak transplant and the tank that was only available for the R1150GS.

Only the printed part shows up because of the clear film backing. I cut them out following the curve of the letters/numbers and I think they look great. I made them the same size as my old R1100GS decals, next time I'll make them bigger like the R1150GS decals were on the blue/white tank. I'll add photos on the tank when I get a chance. This may be a moot point if you've already found suitable decals somewhere.
  5. RAL88

RAL88 Marineboy

Oddometer:
    I ended up doing the same thing. I found a place here locally that were about the same price. Had a couple of pairs printed up.

[​IMG]