Where's the new Suzuki's

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Super Sneaky Steve, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Chinookmark

Chinookmark Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Same updates to the DR650, too, please!
  2. Tom-Nor

Tom-Nor Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thers haters for everything, but i don't think i have seen anyone as angry and bitter as you. You seem to hate everything and every one.

Making things better is why we don't live in caves and live longer then 25years, its called evolution. Embrace it with a smile and you will be a happier person :freaky

I am glad i don't live in your "real" world, because in my world its seems like there are more joy and happiness and all my bikes have worked perfectly in my world. I like the fact that there is bikes for every use,wallet and lust. would be a damn boring world if we all just had a few options and where stuck with it forever and ever.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WlBiLNN1NhQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  3. Txjack

Txjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just got back from the International Motorcycle Show in big D. Thought Suzuki was offering the DR200 again? No one at the show had a clue, guess I was mistaken. Sat on the new GZ250, not bad but still can't get past the 400+#s. Never cared for the B-king look either.
  4. FJ Fun

FJ Fun Grouchy Old Squid

Oddometer:
    Clinton, Ar......The edge of Twisty Heaven
    Yep, a motorcycle that started an entire genre of sportsbikes. Went on to sell hundreds of thousands. Yep what a POS......:norton:huh:eek1:lol3

Joe
  5. FJ Fun

FJ Fun Grouchy Old Squid

Oddometer:
    Well, at least he didn't say "tubeless tires" and "centerstand".
  6. Chisenhallw

Chisenhallw Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer:
    Anybody else noted how he suddenly deleted all his comments in this thread? :lol3
  7. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    I didn't delete anything. The GSXR series is to blame for all the carnage that followed. Just like the Ford Explorer is blamed for the whole SUV fiasco.

But aside from that junk, Suzuki currently has more bikes I like than any other manufacturer. And they have made some very nice sport bikes (as opposed to street legal road racers) like the GS500E, GS500F, GSX650F, Bandit 400, Bandit 600, and Bandit 1200. Their current GW250 seems to be the best of the 250/300 sport bikes. No bodywork, a reasonable riding position, and big enough for a full sized adult.
  8. Ed-B

Ed-B Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It would be nice if Suzuki leveraged that GSXR heritage to offer some hot rod naked street bikes with top flight suspension and brakes. I'm really surprised that they haven't done that yet. The other companies seem to have figured that one out, but not Suzuki.
    Suzuki has the engine technology. And they know how to configure braking and suspension parts. They just need to put it all together with some new offerings.

Now that I think of it, they did have the GSR 750, but they didn't sell that here in the US. And there was the B-King, but the styling was a little off on that one, IMO.

Maybe this is coming around, because they are talking up the GSXR background for the new Vstrom 1000...
  9. FJ Fun

FJ Fun Grouchy Old Squid

Oddometer:
    I guess you mean the whole fiasco where Ford is still selling an Explorer, in the most popular class of vehicle sold in America......
    Ok, 2nd in popularity to pickup trucks.
  10. capriccio

capriccio Long timer

Oddometer:
    "the B-King, but the styling was a little off" Your words are way way too kind.
    It would be motorcycle folklore to hear about the process and behind the scene discusions to design that bike.
    Transformers were all hype at that time, but little kids don't buy powerful motorcycles. But they did offer ABS that was plus.
    It is for me the all time ugliest most pretentious bike so far, they made the Benellis look normal.
  11. steveWFL

steveWFL Long timer

Oddometer:
    Suzuki has done nothing, they need to step it up if they plan to perform well in the market place.

Actually all the jap brands are falling behind.... :evil
  12. Ed-B

Ed-B Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's amusing how juvenile some Japanese bikes appear. Suzuki is amongst the worst in this respect. The whole "bold new graphics" thing, and the B-King alien creature styling. Some of their cruisers are like a bad parody. And yet, they've made some very decent bikes, but they never seem to last.

I still can't understand why Suzuki killed off the SV in favor of the Gladius, like, WTF? And I'm sure they can't figure why no one is buying the more mature GSX1250. I really like my Bandit 1250, but c'mon guys, you added fairing lowers, tweaked the headlight and instrumentation and jacked up the price. You can't sell older tech priced like it's cutting edge stuff.

Well, the new Vstrom 1000 looks like a good move. If they bring up the other segments with similar offerings I think they'll be on track again.
  13. Super Sneaky Steve

Super Sneaky Steve B@nned Club :D

Oddometer:
    I'd love to be able to buy a GSR 750.

[​IMG]

Too bad :cry
  14. Jim K.

Jim K. Long timer

Oddometer:
    I own (& love) my 650 F. I just discovered that Jerry H likes it too. Help me….please, help me.
  15. duckman

duckman co conspirator

Oddometer:
    hate is a strong word, i hate cancer,to hate a machine or the people who purchase that machine ? dosn't sound normal to me.
  16. Wallachian Spikes

Wallachian Spikes Long timer

Oddometer:
    Somewhere between the sacred silence & sleep
    That's Okay sport bike riders don't have ANY respect for YOU either. Why the hate on cops though, did they kick in your door & smash your FAVORITE Meth lab? The only people I've ever known who didn't like cops (including sport bike riders) were all worthless scum.
  17. ph0rk

ph0rk Doesn't Care

Oddometer:
    That ought to keep this thread out of JM :rolleyes
  18. Bama67

Bama67 Comfort is for cars

Oddometer:
    I think it is insane how they refuse to update the Busa.

I am talking about a REAL update. There is no reason your flagship bike should go unchanged for 15 years.
  19. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    Every time someone suggests it the boss says "Hyabusa --> B-King --> Get out --> and who signed up with VW?"
  20. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    it's not on the 2014 list
    http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product Lines/Cycles.aspx?year=2014
    they've been making them forever & haven't changed so i'd imagine they are easy to find even new 2013 ones.