Festival of Fives (Un) Rally at Seneca Rock, Father's Day Weekend.

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Mikepotter86, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Mikepotter86

Mikepotter86 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am not an organizer of the event, as it really is not an organized rally, hence (un) Rally, but I have attended the last four years and had a great time.

I hope many of you will attend the Mid-Atlantic "Festival of Fives" at Seneca Rocks, WV this year. Festival of Fives is a totally informal, and basically free Rally. The cost is just $6.50 per night to camp through Yokums, and the activities range from rides, to bonfires, to impromptu tech days, to telling the young airheads like myself the way things used to be.

This is a very laid back group, there will be no big meals, no awards, and no ostentation.

The rally starts whenever you get there, most arrive on Friday (13th), and runs until Sunday the 15th. I hope to see many of you there.

In the past few years, the rally has been a few dozen bikes, with 90+% being /5s, but all Airheads, Vintage, Classic, and really any motorcycles are welcome.

Information can be found on the Five United Page Below.

http://5united.org/events/#fof14
  2. Beezer Josh

Beezer Josh Moto-Amish No-Mo

Oddometer:
    Mike-I've been waiting for this announcement. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I'll be there. I had a great time last year.
  3. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds cool.
    Now I have to go find an old motorcycle.
  4. Mikepotter86

Oddometer:
    Josh, I look forward to seeing you there again this year.

Old Bikes are not a requirement, last year I rode an 81 RT, but the year before I was v-stromming it. This year, I am hoping to ride my /5. Need to get around to replacing the fork seals and springs!
  5. Beezer Josh

Oddometer:
    Just did that last month on my /5 Mike. Let me know if you need any help and I'll be happy to buzz on over! Or you can bring it out to my barn and do it there if you'd like the room and tools.
  6. Mikepotter86

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Josh. That would be awesome. I need to get parts, take the bike out for the spring, etc. Maybe some weekend in May?
  7. Beezer Josh

Oddometer:
    Sure, any time you want, give me a call and come on over!