Looking for a rider to show a new dual sporter the ropes

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by New2Moto, Jan 30, 2014.

1. New2Moto

New2Moto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey all!

I purchased my first bike a few weeks a ago, a 2014 crf250L. I live in Hilton Head SC and have been exploring the area a little bit but haven't been able to find too many off-roading opportunities (although I know they are out there).

I was wondering if there are any other dual sport riders in the area who would like to go ride together and give me some tips :D

I would especially be interested in finding some off road trails to ride on

Thanks!
  2. 32x20

32x20 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm a couple hours away but I can get you to the OHV trails up here (Wambaw) if/when you're interested. I'm not sure there's a whole lot of trails in HHI...I used to live in Savannah and could point you to some dirt road areas but that's about it. You might check the TET-S and HO-CAT gps tracks (search the gps tracks area for the threads) and you may find some dirt road stuff worth riding to.
  3. New2Moto

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Ya def nothing on hilton head other than a few dirt roads and power line trails

Between bluffton and savannah there are some woodsy type areas. I would love some leads over there, thats only 45 minutes away :)
  4. BaldKnob

BaldKnob I Wanna Ride

Oddometer:
    Wambaw is a fun 40 miles with lots of loose, sandy trails. I would try to go after a good rain so the sand packs in toight. The state will shut down sections for hunting or repair so call the update line at (803) 561-4025.

A little further north and west is Battery Park. They have MX tracks and many miles of trails. Very fun. Only open on the w/e. Have fun with your new machine!
  5. New2Moto

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the tips y'all. I almost have all my gear and now that the weather is warming up I would like to go on a ride with a fellow advrider or a few.

Anyone who would be interested in giving a newb a little tour of their off road spread and live within an hour or so of Savannah/Hilton Head or Beaufort in the coming weeks let me know!

:freaky
  6. The Dude Himself

The Dude Himself Hooked on Dirt!!

Oddometer:
    Come on up. Looking to get some riding in once it cools off, and there's plenty to ride between Hilton Head and Charleston.