Honda C90, C110, CT90, CT110. I'm moving to Mexico. What's available in these Scoots?

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by KLR650Teach, Feb 10, 2013.

1. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    no, it isn't. I remember the hp output was different. i will search my brochures. and yeah where are you going?

Damasovi
  2. KLR650Teach

KLR650Teach Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Three years ago the wife and I bought a house at Lake Chapala Jalisco MX. If you are not familiar with it.....it is about 40-45 minutes straight south of Guadalajara. Lake Chapala is Mexico's largest fresh water lake. It's also 3 or 4 hours straight east as the crow flies from Puerto Vallarta.

Our plan was then to buy the house in preparation for retirement, thats coming up this fall in November 2013. :clap

So in answer to your question............we are moving to Lake Chapala! :lol3
  3. acejones

acejones Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am basically familiar with Lake Chapala. I've flown over it several times. It just seems to go on forever. My wife and I have been spending time in Puerto Vallarta for about eight years.
    Congratulations on retirement ! I cut the rope two years ago and haven't looked back.
  4. Eoblah

Eoblah Young'un

Oddometer:
    I really hope you can find a CT90 or something of the sort down there, If not, CT70s are readily available all through Canada for around a grand in road-ready condition.
  5. KLR650Teach

KLR650Teach Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nah, if I was staying in Canada I would consider only the 90 and 110 model CT's. They are great for the trails especially with the dual range tranny's.

For Mexico it would have to be a minimum 90cc. I'll have a cage for hwy use so the little one will be for jus around town.

I'm now even considering either keeping my KLR or getting a Wee Strom.
  6. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can read it now! From Canada and work to retirement and Mexico on the slow lane... Sounds like a ct70 can do it!
  7. acejones

acejones Long timer

Oddometer:
    Too bad we are not closer. I've got two Ct-90's And a Suzuki DR200 that I'd sell.
  8. KLR650Teach

KLR650Teach Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I see now that Honda has re released the Cub in a 110cc Super Cub version. This looks very promising to me.

Many have suggested the Cargo, but my wife is an itty bitty thing and the Cub would be way easier to ride especially when it comes to touching the ground with her feet at a full stop. Plus the old Cubs proved to be almost bomb proof and that is what I am looking for..........something dead simple. Only draw back with the new ones is they are fuel injected instead of carborated. That makes maintaining it myself a little bit trickier.

Don't ask me why but there is something very nostalgic about those Cubs and they have eye appeal that the Cargo etc. do not have. I just like em! And I'm sure my wife will also.
  9. acejones

acejones Long timer

Oddometer:
    Actually maintaining FI will probably be easier, since it will be more reliable and won't need much if any maintenance.
  10. KLR650Teach

KLR650Teach Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well for maintaining yes - less work. However, I would not hesitate to take one of those carbs off to clean it and get it running again on the side of the road. FI is not quite so simple with many more factors to consider.

It's pretty hard to get any simpler than gravity fed gasoline to a carb.

As for the fuel economy of the fuel injection system vs the carb'ed system......I have not heard enough claims either way. The new ones are said to get almost a hundred and fifty miles to the gallon. That seems unrealistic but would be very welcomed!:clap
  11. crunchiespg

crunchiespg Long timer

Oddometer:
    are they going to be sold in canada?

i'd love a new CT110 like they sell now in australia.
  12. KLR650Teach

KLR650Teach Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, you and a whole province full of other people including myself too! The release I spoke of in the earlier post was the now "Super Cub" being released in Mexico. I don't think we will ever see it in either Canada or the USA which sucks......I think they'd sell like hotcakes. Personally I'd buy two, one for each my wife and I.