Tourfella panniers

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by luca9277, Sep 14, 2014.

1. luca9277

luca9277 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. LaurelPerryOnLand

LaurelPerryOnLand Long timer

Oddometer:
    After reading their entire 'website' (most of which is incomplete/no pictures/other content) I'd have to conclude that this 'company' is merely a Touratech DEALER...not a manufacturer of 'Touratech-like' panniers. :huh

"TOURFELLA" labels are cheap to print.
  3. luca9277

luca9277 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There is a company distributing them here in Singapore, about 1k USD for side panniers and frame.. Definitely cheap.. Wonder what the quality would be. The name itself is as bad as the sticker on the side..
  4. LaurelPerryOnLand

LaurelPerryOnLand Long timer

Oddometer:
    Think you should BUY some and report back.:D
  5. Meat Eater

Meat Eater n00b

Oddometer:
    I have been using it for 3 year everything was Good except for the locking system.
    the new tourfella have some good improvement.
    *new locking system almost same as touratech
    *3mm thickness for the bottom
    *come with rack for adventure bike.

I will say overall is better compared to the 1st generation tourfella.
    REALGRAVEROBBER likes this.
  6. Keithert

Keithert Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nanjing, China and sometimes..... Dallas, Texas
    I live in China and I can attest this company is indeed a manufacturer of Panniers from scratch. They are fairly well thought of here in the middle kingdom as a local alternative pannier system. I have looked at a set for my Chinese JH600 Jialing and they are not bad for the price. I currently have the plastic OEM panniers that came with the bike and will buy these at the first sign of degradation of my current plastic ones. Not sure about the support outside of China though.......
  8. MaxReving

MaxReving Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The name is not as bad as another China copycat that I saw at Intermot in Cologne last year: "Yamasuki" They must have some sense of humor overthere.

We laugh now but just wait and see in five years !! China is already the largest manufactorer of cars today.

If I were Touratech I might start thinking hard about alternatives for the future.

Max :-)

Found these on YouTube:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vb-eL02LAq0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b-qizf_V48M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  9. EZGlider

EZGlider Seeker

Oddometer:
    Decent utility, but not built as stout as the BMW/Touratechs. Flimsy as a can of Coors - won't hold up to abuse.
  10. MaxReving

MaxReving Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you own a set?

Max :-)
  11. TBR

TBR One Life ~ Live It...

Oddometer:
    Using a complete set (medium size) on my Jialing JH600 for a few years, they work well - just the keys are a bit soft and wear down quickly, had some made out of stainless steel and they are way better... Tourfella manufactures in Yongkang / Zhejiang province (China) and they are Touratech copies ~ just sayin'...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Looks like they even mimic the TT logo. What do you think of the durability of them? Are they TT quality or close?
  13. EZGlider

EZGlider Seeker

Oddometer:
    A good friend of mine owns a set, and I have inspected them well enough to provide $.02. :wink:
  14. TBR

Oddometer:
    To be honest, never owned Touratech cases but looking at Touratech cases that mates own or at the Touratech cases at bike shops / Touratech distributors would say the Tourfella ones are around 85>90% of the Touratech. Prefer soft panniers (bags) like Ortlieb (GER), Kriega (UK) or AndyStrapz (AUS) over hard cases but with the Tourfella ones and cruising in China it's pretty easy to leave some simple gear in them overnight.

Would I buy some Tourfella cases outside of China = No, definitely not as a much broader choice available in my opinion....
  15. squatingdog

squatingdog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What is the width of tourfella med panniers ? Thank you
  16. derailment

derailment Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yep, just back from a trip into Sequoia, for a few days with a bunch of Airheads. One CSC bike showed up with these panniers fixed. I pulled one off and it attached DIRECTLY to my R100 Krauser frames. Fit right in, cinched right up. These are really nice boxes, especially for the price. Contrary to an earlier comment, these are quite stout and the accessory pickups are well engineered and seem well made. I'm buying a pair to replace my Starlets. Tomorrow! G.Baker Hunt. Beach, CA
  17. Ohio_Danimal

Ohio_Danimal the only thing between want and did is do Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have these on my RX3. They each have taken VERY hard hits during off road spills and have barely dented. The racks are stainless tubing and quite stout.
    Am very happy with them. Locks and hinges and tie downs are stainless as well.
    Me on the RX
    [​IMG]
  18. TBR

Oddometer:
    Came across "aftermarket" BMW lookalike alloy panniers yesterday (Shanghai), they look and feel very much like the original BMW parts but they are copies.
    Don't know who manufactures them in China but putting up some pics anyhow in the MIC = Made In China alloy pannier thread ~ be warned on cheap BMW alloy pannier deals being offered on the interweb.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Probably made after hours on the same assembly line. Not worse quality, and not that unusual.
  20. good dog

good dog Been here awhile

Oddometer: