Philippines Adventure Rides

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Wild_Man, Mar 28, 2008.

1. veetwo _tls

veetwo _tls RENOVATIO:

Oddometer:

unfortunately there is possibility there going to get another big one :cry

https://www.facebook.com/biliranisland

Agaton or Yolanda Part 2 Super Typhoon a Hoaxed According to PAGASA

Too early to say another 'super typhoon' heading for PH: PAGASA

MANILA - The state weather bureau denied rumors online that a weather formation supposedly stronger than super typhoon "Yolanda" will hit the Philippines in the coming weeks.

"It's too early to predict if the low pressure area (LPA) we are looking into right now will be as strong as Yolanda," Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) forecaster Gener Quiplong said.

"Actually, the possibility of that LPA to be a storm is still being monitored. Also, the LPA can be dissolved and not to continue as a storm," he added.

A report circulating on social media said that "super typhoon Agaton" will hit the Philippines on January 16 and 17, and will be more destructive than Yolanda.

Some netizens posted that "Agaton" is now in the Philippine area of responsibility, and urged the government to take action.

The hashtag "#Yolanda" trended on Twitter on Friday due to discussions about the alleged super typhoon, with several netizens asking for confirmation about "Agaton." Other users on Twitter posted prayers and warnings online.

In its latest update on Friday, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said the death toll due to Yolanda has reached 6,166.

[​IMG]

2. hondav2

hondav2 Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer:
    I just looked at Pagasa weather map and to me there isn't anything to worry about as yet , lots of blue skies and very little rain . Hope im right . Last thing Phills need is another Yolanda.
  3. vanveen

vanveen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I read your blogsot Mendo and you had a awesome adventure, I have been to some of the areas you have been but not near as wild as you, great report, nicely put together, you fellas from Hawaii have some skills, I think you are the same Mendo from the Accidental broadcast BlogSpot, I hope your brothers are alright, this is a wonderful country and as long as you have money life is good but it sucks to get injured
  4. riderako

riderako 125cc rider

Oddometer:
    good luck to the BOSS Ironman Challenge participants..

looking forward to your stories :ear
  5. Hercules

Hercules "Proudly Philippine Made"

Oddometer:

I had a great time as the way I do it....... here's an appetizer pix.

[​IMG]
  6. Watercat

Watercat . . . gravity sucks

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap:clap

Hmmmmmm, uhhh wow, envy your lifestyle - Only hope I can do that when I'm retired, <or before ! > We'll see . . . . . . :evil:1drink:wink:
  7. hondav2

hondav2 Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer:
    I started serious travel nearly 10 years ago when i turned 50 , I worked hard for 35 years and thought I had better start spending it while my body is still good . Dont wait till u retire mate , lots people dont make it that far . I work casual when im not traveling .
  8. hondav2

hondav2 Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer:
    There is a lot of inmates who post on here but we have never met each other . Im suggesting we get together for a weekend at a suitable location . I will be having a scout around Southern Luzon late April . An Island off mainland with Roro to it , nipa huts at a beach would be perfect . Y southern Luzon ?? because Herc and his mates can ride down from Manila and extras can join in along the way . Others can fly into Legaspi and be Jeepney, Bus, and Roro Queens like me . Time would be between April and October when im in Phills . Another option would be a fly in on charted light planes to Santa Fe on Bantayan Island and hire bikes , or a fly in to Camiguin Island on commercial flight from Cebu ( arrive Friday leave Mon ) or what ever suits your plans . So can you MAKE time to do this guys ?? Lets have feed back
  9. YnotJP?

YnotJP? Long timer

Oddometer:
    hondav2, Sounds like a fun idea. You willing to work on the details? At least there is some time between then and now.
  10. Hercules

Oddometer:

Riding to Legaspi, Albay is possible in my book.
    Many rider buddies from Naga, Legaspi, Sorsogon and neighboring towns too
    It's only 460kms from Makati City.
    I can bring a couple of ride buddies.
    I prefer a long weekend date with a friday or Monday Philippine holiday.

Any other comments from Philippines Inmates?
  11. NorthernStar

NorthernStar Hardly Working in Progress

Oddometer:
    Fairbanks AK but Warming up in Cheyenne WY
    I can do this but will be in the country only till the middle of March :cry
  12. Hercules

Oddometer:
    Well it all started during the orientation night last Dec 18, 2013 at BMW Autohaus in Libis, Quezon City

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A whole new breed of riders attended the orientation night. Riders from the provinces of Baguio, Ilocos, Batangas, Cavite, Rizal, Laguna, Alaska to name a few. They where all excited to join the prestigious 2014 BOSS Ironman Challenge! It was set to happen January 11-12, 2014.

During that time I was undecided to join again because I've been doing it for a long time.....

See you on "Send Off" come Jan 10, 2014
  13. Hercules

Oddometer:
    Jan 10, 2014 "D" day finally arrived it was 10pm when I arrived at send off point in Balintawak, Quezon City. Lots of riders in the area. Feeling of excitement in the air. In the many years I have participated in this Challenge, I've been using different liter bikes, this year, I am using my Skywave (Burgman) 650 maxi scooter. I will just take it easy and enjoy the views.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some ADVrider inmates joined too. like:

- Lamlyd
    - stampedeblue
    - Archer 1
    - Northernstar of Alasaka

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Archer 1 is to my right...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Riders the left to right...

Stampedeblue - Suzuki DR750
    Archer 1 - KLR 650
    Geronimo - Duke 390

[​IMG]
  14. Exwai

Exwai n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm assuming this ride is for big bikers only. Right?
  15. Hercules

Oddometer:

Welcome to the Philippine Adventure Rides thread Exwai.

Yes sir, that event was exclusively for large displacement bike. However there is another motorcycle event in the country that accepts smaller bikes as participants.

Feel free to post your Philippine Adventures here as this thread is not only for big bikers.
  16. Hercules

Oddometer:
    Then the time has come to start the 2014 Ironman Challenge.....

Here's Northernstar on his Honda Africa Twin

[​IMG]

Archer 1 on his KLR 650

[​IMG]

stampedblue on his DR750

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here I come...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. Rackemcrackem

Rackemcrackem Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer:
    Herc,

It's fun to see you riding the Ironman on your wide-glide, luxo-tourer scooter! And StampedeBlue still rockin' the DR Big!

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the RR!
  18. Hercules

Oddometer:

Hey Terry! How are things? I am very sorry for not being able to go to the family dinner/celebration on your last night here in Manila. I have another schedule that night.....

I like that term you used...... "Wide-Glide, Luxo-Tourer Scooter" .... it has the similarities!

Well to continue, the 2014 IX BOSS Ironman Challenge started sending off riders at 11:00pm. Our group was separated and we entered the send of ramp individually. I think was able to go about 11:45pm.

Before send of gsblue participated as a sponsor and his company ..... The WRU GPS Tracking and Navigation had several mine-tracker devices given to special riders. With this device, viewers can track the location of the a specified rider wherever he or she maybe during the event here --> http://wru.ph/eventtracking/boss_ironman/

Check the tracking page here:

http://wru.ph/login93
    Username: boss_ironman
    Password: 123456

Check out gsblue'c company WRU GPS Tracking and Navigation here ---> http://www.wru.ph/

Here's how the tracking device looks like....

[​IMG]

And we were off...

[​IMG]

The first chance I was able to take picture was at the end of the TPLex (after NLex and SCTex), at about 12:30am while waiting for the others.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. Hercules

Oddometer:
    The first checkpoint about 183kms from starting line was in San Jose, Nueva Ecija.

---> https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...se,+nu&t=h&mra=dvme&mrsp=1&sz=12&via=1,2&z=12

Being the first stop, so many riders. All was still sharp and fast, the gas station was jampacked. Me and my group fueled up in the station before and just had our passport stamped. Sorry no pictures. I signalled my group to take off.... first time, second, time and at the third time I moved out and rolled slowly hoping for them to catch up.

What??? Me rolling out slowly? That's something unbelievable! But at least I tried..... The slow paced started catching on.... still no group riders on sight of my side mirrors... Since my ever dependable, long time ride buddy stampedeblue was there, I knew they were in good hands. Oh well, I decided that its back to the normal riding condition for me. I rode my normal pace (which is above average fast) and slowly riders started to be in my line of sight, one by one, I overtook them on my "wide -glide, Luxo-Tourer" machine. T

Then after about 219kms of riding my pace, I find myself nearing the next checkpoint in Cauayan, Isabela.

--> https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...zdFGFMzFvr7NTO0omlg&oq=Cauayan&t=h&mra=ls&z=9

Checkpoint # 2 was handled by a good friend and Touratech ride buddy Enteng Gonzales. Lots of well wishers, volunteers cleaning the helmet visor, giving water and bananas. Good Job guys!

Some pictures in Cauayan, Isabela.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's Enteng on the right side....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another friend in Cauayan, Isabela

[​IMG]

Job well done! Kudos to all of you at Checkpoint # 2 ..... Mabuhay kayo!

[​IMG]

"Ride The World".....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. Hercules

Oddometer:
    I breeze thru the 3rd checkpoint in Tugegarao.

---> https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...=Tugegara&t=h&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=10&via=1&z=10

It was about 5:45am when I passed. I was still hot to ride because it was only 105 kilomemeter since the last checkpoint, still warming up. After having my passport stamped and top up fuel..... it was time to go...

About 75kms away

--> https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...=Tugegara&t=h&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=10&via=1&z=10

I had to stop at the Magapit Bridge and do some photo ops because this was the first time I brought the scooter to the area. Wouldn't miss the chance to capture it with a pix. Besides, I had to upload to facebook so my followers would know my whereabouts too.

I was now on the halfway mark of the 1200kms Ironman Challenge on my scooter. Balintawak to Magapit about 602kms after at about 7am

--> https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...magap&t=h&mra=dpe&mrsp=4&sz=8&via=1,2,3,4&z=8

Here's some pix I captured of that moment.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]