Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2014, 02:21 PM   #196
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadscum View Post
Ya still blaming Harley for Buell's failure. Get over it, let your wallet do the talking.

Regards, Paul
So it wasnt Harley that pulled the plug right when Buell finally built a decent bike? perhaps a memo was missed.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:23 PM   #197
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contevita View Post
So, I was finally able to take a ride over to the "local" EBR dealer in Pensacola, the BMW dealership. They have three there, one of each color but the black on was on loan at the Harley dealer across the street (I guess to show off what they're missing ). I must say that the bike is amazing to finally see in person and I fell in love with it until I sat on it. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic looking ride but at my height, 6'5", I found that I can only view half the LCD screen in a riding position; I can see the lower half but then the top half is cut off and I can barely see it through the top of the wind screen. This sucks for me because eventually I'd like to install a smoked or black aftermarket screen. The LCD is in a fixed position and is not adjustable. Leg room is fine as well as my belly. The other issue I have is that, compared to the Panigale and the S1000RR I've already tried, my wrists feel somewhat stressed and unnatural when in a riding position. Yes, I know you're not suppose to rest on your wrist but rather to use your core for support, but it just didn't feel right to me. As much as I want this bike, I think I'm going to have to look at the Panigale and the S1000RR again. The riding position is more comfortable to me and the gauges are easier to view.

I still have to check out the ergonomics on the RC8 and until I get a chance to do that I'll have to stick with this 11 year old Blackbird for a while longer. On the other had, I checked out the Urals they had in stock. Man, I'm thinking of going the other direction and get one of these to slow down and smell the roses. That Ural Gaucho Rambler is one neat ride.

Sorry no photos, forgot my camera.
dude,your 6' 5" tall,the factories cant build a special version for tall folks.
Ducati also doesnt build a tall version.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #198
V4V
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Lime View Post
If the dealership would bother to call EBR up and relay the problem, I'm sure they would know what the problem was.
I think my dealer's demo had the same issue initially, and it's fine now. Travel 90 miles north to Stuart if you want to ride one that is sorted.
i rather not......... i may end up liking it, chin-boiling heat and all and i just bought a new vfr1200f! lol
V4V is offline   Reply With Quote