HALF of a Blackforrest (D) Ride report only

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Cooltours, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Cooltours

Cooltours Do things right, or leave'em to be done by others

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

„It’s goin’ to be winter soon“ my loved one told me yesterday evening. “Great forecast… Why don’t ya chase your rack a bit arround before snow falls! I’ve anyway to do the laundry..”<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Gosh… how I love that gal! And YES, sometimes this classical divide of roles works even in our realtionship! Huh!
    <o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]<o:p></o:p>

Living in the middle of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">Switzerland</st1:country-region>, the <st1:place w:st="on">Alps</st1:place> to the south, the Blackforest in the north… for both of the riders-paradise’ it takes me 45minutes of riding through boring, ugly, stressful, partially tough traffic. How ever, 45 minutes it’s not much for a day of pleasure. Usually the final decision happens during the garage door opens. Today, 7:30, I turn right, towards Blackforrest. The fun starts as soon as one gets to the border between CH and D. This boundary is represented by the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">river</st1:placeType> of <st1:placeName w:st="on">Rhein</st1:placeName></st1:place> which btw has thousands of great places to hang with friends on a bonfire and have some crates of beer.<o:p></o:p>

I’m following the river for about 15mls to finally cross it and the customs station on the other side simply by giving a short and friendly wink to the custom officers which are busy chatting to each other. <o:p></o:p>

Soon I’m at the gate of paradise: The unimportant <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">village</st1:placeType> of <st1:placeName w:st="on">Albbruck</st1:placeName></st1:place>. The only, real important thing that this village is offering is the fact, that it is the gate to the Albtal, one of southern Germany’s most beautiful valleys, if it comes to motor-biking.
    <o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>

The popularity of this valley within the bikerscene is enormous. On weekends hundreds and hundreds of bikes ride the valley up and down. Some in the pace they can handle, some a bit slower, others faster than they can. A sign at the entrance to the valley shows a sportsbike, 3 crucifix’ and the question “You to??” and shall keep bikers from hanging on the throtle too much.
    The busyness there is one of the reason why I love to ride the valley as early as possible in the morning.

I’m still alone! Enjoy the first few miles which puts the visitor immediately somehow back into prehistoric times;
    The forest which is growing on the steep, rocky walls left and right of the valley seem to be a million years old. Allover moss and plants one doesn’t see too often anymore around this degree of latitude… The valley has even it’s special smell of fresh cut’ wood, resin and wet soil… Unfortunately not too many spots one can stop and take representative pictures.
    Once in a while you get catched up by a sportsbike, trying to beat what ever imaginary record. Pretty colourfull, quite impressive sometimes, horrible very often.

15mls later the valley spits me out into the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">village</st1:placeType> of <st1:placeName w:st="on">St. Blasien</st1:placeName></st1:place>. They have kind of a famous dome there which I rode by close to a hundred times yet but never yet have been in. So, sorry, no report about St. Blasien, one pic only:<o:p></o:p>

A bit later, I try to get off the regular path’, kind of felt like some "offroad" legs, at least some dirt- or graveltracks would fit this report pretty good. So I tried out that shortcut which actually was not even on the map. After a while of wonderful lonely, still paved roads…<o:p></o:p>

....indeed… there is a GRAVELROAD. Well, some kind of at least. Sorry my surprise at this stage, but that’s quiet unusual around here. Usually gravelroads are closed for public traffic. Not that oneJ My tires (no, no knobies) I just changed yesterday! So that should work out good! <o:p></o:p>

Quiet nice area around here with some view....
    [​IMG]

...much more popular at hikers than at bikers as I soon realise! Some of them almost throw their apples and butter breads after me… “Hey, bike-stink-noise-sucker! Not enough that you occupy our roads for your stupid asshole pleasure, huh!? Now you’re also chase your crap bike around here on hiker’s path’s…!” …. Gooosh! Help! That’s one of the pretty radical issues that I got here, huh….! I’ve to get outa here!! <o:p></o:p>
    One forest swallows me and the goat…. <o:p></o:p>

but soon it spits us out again like indeed it would prefer hosting hikers with red socks, leather shorts and walking sticks made from carbon fiber.<o:p></o:p>
    I take a break. This would be the right place and moment to bite into a nice juicy apple, if only I’d have one in the box.<o:p></o:p>

Now, all YFF’s, it’s highly time to chase the goat a bit…. No time for pictures anymore, sorry…. Well, there probably would be some time for some pics, but hey, the road’s just too tempting, the fever’s just too high… so this is why this is just HALF of a Blackforrest Ridereport!<o:p></o:p>
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Excellent report and pics! Looks like a gorgeous ride and so close to home! :thumb
  3. GatorTiger

GatorTiger Go Gators - Ride Tigers!

Oddometer:
    What Europe is lacking in vastness (compared to the US) it more than compensates in scenery!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :deal

Guter Bericht!!! :evil

Cheers,
    HG (Exilrheinlaender)
  4. Lunatic

Lunatic Dan Keyhoety

Oddometer:
    DOWN ON THE BORDER , LAS CRUCES, NUEVO MEHICO
    Sweet report !! I hope to make it out there soon! My daughter lives near Munich and I'd like to combine a ride visit .:evil
  5. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    Every single European ride report makes me wanna check out Lufthansa tickets.

:baldy

:clap
  6. Deano955

Deano955 Insatiable

Oddometer:
    Beautiful country there.
  7. kejago

kejago Kev. Haute Savoie, France

Oddometer:
    Echt cool! :thumbup
  8. PackMule

PackMule love what you do