may I introduce myself

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Mitas, Jul 12, 2011.

1. TowPro

TowPro Single Track Geezer

Oddometer:
    Revzilla has started selling all the ADV tires, I was hoping they picked up Mitas. They certainly are in a position to stock and sell them.
  2. kelsow

kelsow Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just got back from an 8500km trip using the E-07's and have to say I'm very pleased with these tires.
    Not much wear at all on the rear tire. I would guess I could get at least another 8000 on it.
    The front is still good but with a bad steering head bearing I may be wearing prematurely.
    I did about 1000k of dirt and trail with 40psi in them.
    I was never sure how long the dirt would last so I never aired down.
    The tires performed well even with the increased pressure.

I think I may have found the perfect tire, for me.
  3. Flashback

Flashback Mommys Lil Monster

Oddometer:
    They'd be the perfect tire for me too...if I could get them in the U.S....:deal
  4. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    I still wonder why MitasMX http://www.mitasmx.com/shop/ blew up so bad? They have a huge untapped market here for the E-07 yet it only got worse for people to deal with them. The website is still screwed up. When you click on a E-09 it just goes to the homepage. You can't add a tire to the cart. It's just shot yet is still hosted as a website?

On their site they say they are truely Mitas USA and not a reseller so why can't they be selling these tires, when a reseller in Canada can make it happen? Others have said in the past it's really just a reseller posing as Mitas USA and they tried to make it work, spend big $ on supply tires...but something happened along the way and customer service fell off the cliff.

Now Daniel says they'll truly have US distributor/reseller when Mitas itself could not make a go of it??? Finally you have this vague vendor thread from Daniel who is not representing Mitas officially but looks that way from outside in. The whole thing is just nuts and if I was a reseller i'd have some serious concerns if i was going to spend the $ and pick up Mitas and trust they can supply me product. I know Mitas is a well trusted & quality tire company, but their whole US approach makes ya just go :scratch:baldy

5. bikemoto

bikemoto Tyre critic

Oddometer:
    Owned is perhaps too strong a word. AFAICS, CGS/Mitas produce Continental agricultural tyres under license, but that appears to be the only relationship.
  6. Mitas

Mitas caretaker

Oddometer:
    No ,... we own the Agricultural Bussiness Unit of them ... bought in 2004 ,... like Trelleborg Motorcycle.

and ...

Be sure that Mx1canada do NOT underestimate the demands....:-)
  7. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any updates on the US distributor? ie are we looking at 2012 or will it not be until 2013?

8. HighTechCoonass

HighTechCoonass Living the Dream....

Oddometer:
    Mitas Dakar /Tkc 80 setup....
    [​IMG]

Mitas Dakar:
    [​IMG]
  9. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Why a TKC up front vrs the matching Mitas E-09?
  10. Flashback

Oddometer:
    I can't speak for anyone else on choice of fronts but for me, I stick with one front that is good in almost all terrain and vary the rear as needed to provide traction. My current front of choice is the IRC TR8 which is imho a very good dual purpose block like the TKC if not just a little more aggressive in the dirt.

IRC/TKC tread comparison
    [​IMG]

I've gone all directions from the Heidi front (which is about almost all a street tire) to the MT21 and other heavily dirt oriented fronts but I find a good block is a great no hassle "do everything" tire to keep on the front at all times regardless of what kind of riding I'm doing. Rarely will I push the TR8 to it's capabilities on the street and just as rarely will I push it to it's capabilities in the dirt. Sure there are times on both street and dirt that I had something more aggressive in either direction but those times are so rare that they aren't but a momentary inconvenience for me.

About the only other readily avalible tire that comes close to being a "do everything" tire (imho) is the T63. :deal

But again, if we could get Mitas tires in the U.S. they might be a competitor to other tires I've tried. I've not tried the E10 front or rear but I imagine the E10 front would rank up there with the TKC for me.
  11. bikemoto

bikemoto Tyre critic

Oddometer:
    Amazing where my photos turn up! :lol3

I scored that TR8 as a freebie, new but old and a bit hard. Can't actually buy them here in NZ, so I've got no idea what they are like with fresh rubber. :rofl The extra spacing certainly gives it much better grip in the dirt than the TKC80.
  12. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Working on my second set of E07's. So far, for me, this is the right tire for my 12gsa. Turn and burn on pavement and gravel, works well in the trails.

I loved my tkc's, but they're a lot pricier for me, and once they're past half life, and if it's cold&wet... spooky. Really spooky. Super-Slider Sno-Skates from Ronco spooky. But they were my faves, until these. Tried... everything except Mefo's and Kenda's on this bike. So I've got a bit of experience with the other options.

For once, it'll cost americans more than us canucks for bike stuff, since mx1canada is the source. Sorry about that. :D

These are worth your effort to try. As an added bonus for me: Because of their wear, I have to buy one less set of tires this season (2 v 3). That makes it a big savings for the gas-in-the-tank fund. :ricky
  13. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    yes they are http://www.mx1west.com/ http://www.mx1canada.com/
    ...and as the riding season fades away to winter we're all still wondering where they are?

canada is saying this,
    UPDATE: Some of the more popular sizes which are showing as out of stock or on Pre-Order status are due to arrive in our warehouse in early September fresh from the factory in the Czech Republic. Check back for further updates.
  14. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    my previous set was a tkc-80 front and mefo explorer rear.

my latest front is also a 21" IRC tr8 which i love for the $
    http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/393/19572/ITEM/IRC-TR8-Battle-Rally-Front-Tire.aspx

note: if this was a true vendor thread i would not post a link to buy a competing product, but this is far from a
    Mitas USA vendor thread. i suggest whomever is finally supplying Mitas in the US to start a new thread and let this one die.

i'd give the E-09 front a whirl if the price comes in aggressive enough.

mine does not have that slight tread block shift like yours.
    it does just as well as the tck on the paved yet better in the dirt (you can see the more open tread pattern)

i'll continue using it but will not be using the current shinko 700 i have on the rear (good in paved, just ok in the dirt, wears fast) and hope at that next time i'll be using an E07 rear (hopefully bought in the US)

15. Flashback

Oddometer:
    Funny.

I'm onto, and really liking, the TR8 front too. Been riding one for the last several months. In love with the TR8 on the DR650.

Shinko 700 not so much front or rear...really not a fan of the 700's at all. Didn't like front. Didn't like rear.

Prefer the Shinko 244 for both over the 700 even though the 244 get's sometimes poor reviews. I like it anyway.

Upfront on the 19 inch wheel bikes (Vee and F650GS) I'm super super happy with the Shinko SR241 Trials tire. That is one under-rated tire if you ask me. Love it for highway and for dirt. Great for the thumpers. At least that's my hmo.

And yes...Daniel doesn't seem to have much power of control. I would suggest anyone who takes over and brings MITAS into the USA start a new thread. Too much bad juju with this one.
  16. loph917

loph917 Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    ok you guys talked me into a tr8 for the SE. i'll have to give this one a shot as i really am not a fan of the tkc80 up front. i prefer the kenda big block - but i haven't had the chance put anything up front on the SE yet since the originally supplied tkc is wearing reasonably well!

i like when i have new options to try out!
  17. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    interesting. you're running that tire tubeless? i know other tube-type shinkos can be run tubeless. seen in on the versys up front.

yeah no one talks about that tire.
    sounds like they wear mega fast:
    "I put this tire on the back of my daughter's 69 Trail 90 with a 140cc engine. Planned for it to last for 2 months of riding in Utah and the Southwest. At 4 weeks and 2000 miles it was totally bald. Riding was 80 percent off road, not fast, just exploring. Traction was good but tread life was horrible. Not recommended."

only 2000 miles on a light bike like that.
    i'm sure they grip like crazy however.

18. dennism

dennism dennism

Oddometer:
    Helloooo Daniel. :wave:wave

Is there any news for we who are waiting on a US distributor?

I'm sure you could get several recommendations here, if you want them. Dennis.
  19. MikeTheMechanic

MikeTheMechanic Tsiki?

Oddometer:
    Hello Adv guys!

I am writing from Crete the biggest island in Greece. I own a BMW F800 GS and I am in general very pleased with the bike.:raabia

I have almost 27000 Km and it's time for me, for tires change. I was looking at the Heidenau K660 Scout mostly. The motorcycle is my everyday meas of transportation, inside the city of Heraklion, in National Roads, in dirt roads, everywhere.

I have also seen Mitas and started reading this thread. I must admit that I have persuaded myself in buying Mitas. However which set? So..

I mostly drive on tarmac inside the city which I must admit it's very slippery, so I need a tire which gets warm fast, because the city is small. I also drive on dirt roads mostly full of stones. :evil Let's say that inside the city is 50% of driving, National Roads 20%, dirt roads 30%.

Also I am interested in the lifetime of the tire not giving although the need of fast warming.

So, which set do you suggest me? E 07 dakar or E 10? Could I also think about E 08?
    And lastly, if anyone has used one set of the above tires, please inform me about their lifetime.

Thanks in advance people!

Cheers from the Mediterranean.

:freaky:freaky
  20. MikeTheMechanic

MikeTheMechanic Tsiki?

Oddometer:

Kalispera file.

Se euxaristw gia tin apantisi. (Thank you for the answer). Of I know the situation here, I live it everyday.. Harsh... If you are planning of making a cooperation in Greece, you could also contact me. I live in Crete as I have already written. And you know that Greece is full of big OnOffs. We are some people here that are interested in Mitas tires and market is prosperous despite the fact of the economic crisis. This is because the tires are cheap in comparison to other brands.

So, I am also close to E 07 but only 5000 Km? TKCs last for about 9000 to 10000 Km.

I would be happy if we could make business. If you need a dealer in Greece, I am your man.

:freaky