MotoGP: Lemans (Spoilers -- Zut alors!)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, May 21, 2010.

1. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Put a cap on it. Winning two MotoGP races is not 'never winning'. So let's 'face it'. You are rather dim in the commentary front...

Me too by the way, but still. Nick Hayden is the best you have to root for, so don't cheapen him up.
  2. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    Damn good stuff! Where did Simoncelli go? I was so waiting for one of the 250 crew to pass his ass and then he's just GONE. Bah! That Aoyama didn't pick off that frohead too. :(

Nicky: I know it isn't a podium, but it's coming. It is SOOOOOOO nice to watch him do well. Last year I always cringed because he would kick it out and get a good spot like5th or so and faaaaade back to 9th or 10th. So great to see him out there going and not fading. Also wonderful that he found some more pace and caught up with the 3rd place guys. I'll be honest and say I was hoping that the Honda's would mix it up a bit more run each other wide and have Hayden swoop through, oh that would have been awesome. But hey, 4th place, 5th in the championship being only 3 points behind 3rd in the championship. After last year I'LL TAKE IT!!!

So awesome. You can't tell I'm a Hayden fan can you?

Stoner: Yeah I dunno. Dude looks super super bummed, which I'm sure he is. I think he's already put himself in the mindset that he's done for the year. The interview thing I saw with him "Well yeah I don't know if it's possible" so that's probably not the best attitude to have. Yes 2 DNF's and a 5th, but it's only 3 races. Lots can happen. I mean he took 3 races off last year and still finished in 3rd right? I'm just wondering if his confidence has been so shaken by now that he's just going to be done with it.

Also, Moto2: wow.
  3. wanocksett

wanocksett Banned

Oddometer:
    I never said he "never won". Indeed, I pointed out explicitly where he's won twice.

Instead, I said he's never really been a "race winner". Winning two races after having entered scores of MotoGP races clearly puts him in a completely secondary league compared to Rossi and many others who have long track records of winning many of the races they've been in.

Lorenzo's already won more races in this season's three races than Hayden won in his entire MotoGP career (or, at least, in his Championship win year, but I suspect both are true).

And nothing in my commentary was meant as derogatory to Hayden in the first place. He's a champion, I have nothing but the greatest respect for him.

So suck it. :lol3

Wait, are you Pantah? Oh, never mind.
  4. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Like I said before...your posts are a bit too shrill to be grounded. Of course you know that by now, given the feedback you've invited. You should watch a few more seasons of motorcycle racing.

Professing about motorcycle racing is a pretty sketchy endeavor. You'll learn soon enough, but tone it down about Nicky is all I ask.
  5. jaek

jaek knucklehead

Oddometer:
    It's true that Nicky has not been the sort who puts together dominating weekends and leaves everyone wondering how the hell they can keep up. But what he can do is to ride his ass off, not screw up, and force people to beat him rather than phoning it in. He's one of the three people currently racing in MotoGP to have won it all...

I just watched Stoner's post-race interview, and he said something like "I turn much faster lap times than Nicky, and that's why Nicky isn't crashing. Maybe if he starts going faster he'll start crashing too." Meanwhile Stoner is tied with Ben Spies in 14th place, behind Mika Kallio and ahead of Aleix Espargaro...
  6. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Anyone notice Pedrosa/Honda seemed to have that exact same faulty fuel sensor malfunction on the last lap of this race as they did at Jerez? I feel sorry for Dani. Honda outsmarts themselves again. I guess they were lucky it was Dovi who took advantage.
  7. 5th-Elefant

5th-Elefant Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have, and even with my clubman level lack of skill it makes perfect sense to me.
  8. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    :D :thumb
  9. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    One thing for sure, only a fool would bet against Stoner getting it figured out and going on a tear of untouchable wins in the near future.

:1drink
  10. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    edit: ^^ Don't see that happening honestly. He might figure it out, but I don't think he'll finish in the top 3 this season.

wtf, the only race he has finished this year he was behind Nicky. Casey is seeming more and more to just be a whiny little shit.
  11. stk0308

stk0308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is becoming more and more obvious with every post of yours I see.
  12. wanocksett

wanocksett Banned

Oddometer:
    Sorry, forgot to put you on ignore the last time. My mistake. :clap
  13. wanocksett

wanocksett Banned

Oddometer:
    That's what I love about this site--so, explain to those of us who lack your experience? Absolutely no sarcasm intended. You've been there, I haven't, I'd love to hear your much better informed perspective.
  14. 101N

101N peccavi

Oddometer:
    Tone it down noob. Pantah's been contributing here for a long time...
  15. wanocksett

wanocksett Banned

Oddometer:
    Well, you're a clever little boy, aren't you? Since I stated explicitly that I've never raced (like 99.9% of the people posting in this thread), I suppose it wasn't too hard to figure out?

If you have something substantive to bring to the conversation, I'm more than willing to hear it. If you're just going to repeat what I've already said . . . that I've never raced . . . why bother? Don't you have anything better to do?

By the way, stk0308, I'd be incredibly happy to listen to YOUR MotoGP racing career stories, as I know would many others here on this thread. Or even less professional races. Please, tell us.

I'm holding my breath.
  16. wanocksett

wanocksett Banned

Oddometer:
    Sorry, didn't know you guys were so close. Bye.
  17. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:

Gee, another thread full of problem people.

Can't be you, can it.

18. 8703

8703 message in a bottle

Oddometer:
    Maybe. Or maybe its just the next step towards formulaic finishes. As a skit, it was amusing, but it also made me think of Lorenzo as more of an imitator than an original.

So near, so far away
    We pass each other by 'cause we don't know what to say
    It's so clear, I'm sorry to say
    But if you wanna win you gotta learn how to play

Head games, always you and me, baby
    Head games, 'till I can't take it anymore ​
    :evil
  19. stk0308

stk0308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    One could say the same things about constantly posting, I'm paraphrasing here, "I hate Casey Stoner" as, I guess, witty input. But there I go again repeating what your saying :rolleyes
    I have a few racing stories at the club supermoto level, but this thread is really supposed to be about the LeMans MotoGP.
    Please keep that up anyway. Maybe it'll help you outlook on life, and let go of your hate of Casey Stoner. I'm not going to even worry about what motivates that.
  20. scorpion

scorpion Two arm bandit

Oddometer:
    How 'bout them NASCAR trucks!

:1drink