Kush Sprockets

Discussion in 'OZ Vendors & Flea Market' started by BigDuck, Jan 3, 2013.

1. BigDuck

BigDuck Don’t be too practical.

Oddometer:
  2. Beet

Beet adventurer

Oddometer:
    I keep emailing the guy but I've yet to get a reply that turned into a sale. He's always out of stock or just never gets back to me, and I've been trying for a year. Tell me if you have luck, would love to get one for the DRZ
  3. Sean-0

Sean-0 straya carnt

Oddometer:
    yep used 1 and it failed ....he recons he has solved the problem and told me he would send me a new 1 ...guess what ?? nothing and no responce

stear clear
  4. Oldfatbeerman

Oldfatbeerman Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer:

Same story for me , I ended up getting a cush hub instead .
  5. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    same for a mate of mine! i did research it a while back, and there was some feedback from guys using them for motarding. they reckoned it didn't dampen things as much as a proper cush drive hub but did have some effect. that sounds par for the course when you look at the limited range of movement in the sprocket.

i reckon these would only be suited for road use if they could get them working properly (and bothered to respond to enquiries or orders). if you got dust into them it would have to chew them to bits on the inside....
  6. davorallyfan

davorallyfan Commonist Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like the idea. Perhaps its time has not yet arrived. Shame about the bloke not admitting it was not quite ready.
  7. Kushsprockets

Kushsprockets n00b

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear that Sean, I was waiting on you sending the old part, I looked for the email where I asked you, but I can't find it. (my mistake sorry, I've sent you another email regarding your replacement).

To the people who have been waiting over a year, I am sorry. Every deadline I've given was my honest appraisal of the next release date, untold problems kept coming up (to the point of packing it in at times). The bright side is that we learnt our lessons and the future products are now much easier/simpler to manufacture.

There is a small batch just been finished (most will go to our old customers). But another large batch just arranged which should be finished in 2 months.

Thanks

Ryan
    Kush Sprockets
  8. Sean-0

Sean-0 straya carnt

Oddometer:
    :eek1.Exelent .....we shall talk
  9. Ranger Rob

Ranger Rob Out and about...

Oddometer:
    Hey fellas.... I HAVE A CONFESSION to make :shog:shog

After reading this thread yesterday i followed the link to the Kush Sprockets website.

I was thinking about the bad press that the company is getting on here and the fact that the guy seems to be really crap at customer service.

So...... I sent him an email with a link to this thread, explaining that he "needs to see this" as crap customer service isn't so good for a small business.

Now, to his credit it looks like he has joined ADV and started to mend things. Let's hope.

Ranger!!
  10. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll be buying one when there in stock.

There cheap enough to take a punt on and a small start up business like this is worth supporting even if it does take a bit for them to get there stuff together.
  11. Sean-0

Sean-0 straya carnt

Oddometer:
    Well i never got that Email so i sent him 1 ..will see how it goes
    ...thats the thing in this country ... there is no sevice ....i deal with the us companys and they will bend over backwards for you to help in anyway

..they do work up untill they fail :rofl....i got about 1500 kms out of 1 b4 it started to throw its rubbers out and shortened my ride as i was worried it would come apart
    Colonial Mick likes this.
  12. WILL_S

WILL_S OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap

Been waiting a while
    Nearly gave up and order a cush hub
    Keen to try the sprocket
  13. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Doesn't the 630 have a Cush hub Will?
  14. WILL_S

WILL_S OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer:
    nope
  15. Rus

Rus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I note the below comment from a member of Cafe Husky but don't know whether it is fact. This may be what you are thinking of.

The 630 (and the 610, if I'm not mistaken) has a cush "drive" integrated into the clutch, using some springs. There is no cush hub like you find in street bikes.
  16. Gimme 2

Gimme 2 wheels , with nobs

Oddometer:
    By the look of the drawing , their is no containment for the bulge in the rubber to push up against when its loaded. AWESOME idea ,i think it just needs to have a containment system , and even then it may not be thick enough , the rubber that is.
  17. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    welcome to the forum, ryan. i hope you can get everything sorted with your product and good on you for joining the forum. one of the mitas tires guys joined the forum and answers everyone's questions on a mitas thread, he's generated a lot of good will through this as the vast majority of manufacturers don't actually want to communicate with their customer base.

on your website, it says the kush sprockets are for dirt bikes being used on the road. i commented earlier that i had my doubts the kush sprockets would handle off road use that well once dust got inside and started chewing things out. keen to hear your thoughts on this, as obviously all the guys here want to use them for adventure riding which means plenty of mud and dust....
  18. Kushsprockets

Kushsprockets n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks, and thanks to everyone else for your understanding.

We had a lot of people wondering that so on the latest model there is now a seal around the ball bearing area, rather than relying on grease to seal.

Cheers

Ryan
  19. lentil

lentil King of the Dad Joke and Senior Status Legume

Oddometer:
    Okely dokely I might just move this to vendors as we have mr Kush involved.

Leith
  20. davorallyfan

davorallyfan Commonist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Kushy job.