376c Died

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by jfink, Apr 8, 2013.

1. jfink

jfink Can't get there from here

Oddometer:
    So I used my 376c last week. The battery had full power, when I turned it off. I put it away and today when I went to use it, it is dead. Absolutely dead. No power. It doesn't work on just battery, it doesn't work with external power, doesn't work with external power and no battery. I can push the power button and nothing happens. It is like there is a fuse blown. Any ideas?

I am going to South America on Wednesday and the 376c has been my workhorse although I have a Zumo 665 as backup. I sure would like to get it going again.

Thanks,
  2. JR356

JR356 Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. jfink

Oddometer:
  4. mpatch

mpatch Long timer

Oddometer:
    same think happend to a 276c I have, I tried everything I could come up with including swapping parts from another unit but could never to get it to power up again
  5. jfink

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I am coming to that conclusion as well. I just got finished completely disassembling it, and doing some voltage checks which were completely inconclusive. The result is that I am no closer to knowing why it did this then when I first posted.
  6. Eggman

Eggman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will jump in too. my 478 was showing charge complete a few times this spring then would go ahead and charge up. took it out on my dirt bike two days ago with no external power and it worked fine all day. today tried to charge it and nothing. totally dead.