Upstate SC Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by cbolling, May 17, 2010.

1. 1worshipguy

1worshipguy Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. 1worshipguy

1worshipguy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Probably the best view award for a cemetery...Note Table Rock on the far right. This is in an old Mill Village within the city limits. This cemetery is named after something that happens every day, rain or shine. If it doesn't happen we're all dead and probably have been for quite sometime. (I've got a few more clues up my sleeve if you need them.):evil

Happy Hunting.

[​IMG]
    Untitled by 1worshipguy, on Flickr
  3. The Opa

The Opa experienced

Oddometer:
    GRAB

Although I'm not parked in perzackly the same spot, no doubt this is the place.

About here: N 34.88443 W 82.69740 Downtown Pickens.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. The Opa

The Opa experienced

Oddometer:
    NEW TAG

From one cemetery in the lee of the mountains to another cemetery in the lee of the mountains :D

[​IMG]

If it is not feasible to get this photo, the view from the road is certainly ok.
  5. 1worshipguy

1worshipguy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok...someone other than me and Loren want to play? :)

Rock Springs Baptist Church in Landrum, SC
    [​IMG]

BEAUTIFUL Ride up here. Thanks Loren! Even though it's been grabbed, plug in the coordinates in your GPS and take a ride up here. A few more pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. Evinrude

Evinrude OMC approved!

Oddometer:
    I thought is was in Easley or I would've grabbed it yesterday.
  7. 1worshipguy

1worshipguy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This may be a little too hard to see, but there's a little light house out in the middle of this pond (or lake). It's on a road that apparently has a bridge that's been a little moody at some point, even though I never saw an actual bridge. Bonus points if you can find a bridge! :hmmmmm

[​IMG]
  8. 1worshipguy

1worshipguy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I thought it might have been an "old" building tucked away in their massive complex there in Easley...but did a little more digging and found this one up in Landrum. Did some more Google work and sure enough, that was it. Good ride up there though.
  9. The Opa

The Opa experienced

Oddometer:
    When I did a search, I saw there were more than one options, and the right one was available. Good on ya 1worshipguy!

Did you see this joint up the road?

[​IMG]

Others will ride when they feel like it. I just kinda need a 'destination' so the tag game is good for me. It's about the ride, so I never concern myself with , 'will I be bruced?' Heck, when I am, I just say so & see if I can figure the next one
  10. The Opa

The Opa experienced

Oddometer:
  11. Evinrude

Evinrude OMC approved!

Oddometer:
    Don't tell Sandrion that me may have been right about something...this one time:rofl
  12. hojo in sc

hojo in sc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hows this;

https://motohojo.smugmug.com/Other/Tag/8255852_Tr3NRw#!i=762776548&k=nk3Vtxb&lb=1&s=A

But since I took this photo a long time ago, I won't count it as a grab and someone else can go get it.
  13. 1worshipguy

1worshipguy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    MUCH Better pic Hojo! That's it for sure. I'd accept that, but I guess the forum rules prohibit archive photos. But that's for everyone to decide together. I guess maybe let it stand another week or so and maybe give it to you? Any thoughts?

Loren...I did see that joint up the road. I was surprised around there just how out in the boonies it was, yet how many nice houses were out there. Must be something to do with the lake!

I'm like Loren...I don't really care where it is, I just like having a goal to ride towards. Gives the joy of the getting there even more purpose!

I did see that Western NC TOR and have been paying close attention to it too. Not been quite close enough for the time I've had recently.

Thanks ADV friends. Been fun. Looking forward to more! Now I just gotta find someone to teach me to ride this beast in the dirt!:evil
  14. jwacree

jwacree Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Now don't be to quick there! I been eyeballin that one:D
    and just a heads up, Sunday afternoon is my tagin time. just sayin.:wink:
  15. The Opa

The Opa experienced

Oddometer:
    GRAB

Lighthouse? Something. On Moody Bridge Rd (near Cleveland) About here: N 35.05268 W 82.57225

[​IMG]
  16. Steve W.

Steve W. Boxer Pilot

Oddometer:
    FWIW When I was kid I barely remember mom and dad taking me to the "Wing & Fin" lodge that was on that lake. The lodge burnt down I think in the early 60's. Dad told me there was a sign over the "light house" on the little island. We used to go duck hunting there when I was a teen and I remember an old rusty metal water wheel laying out in the woods near where the lake starts from the creek. I have since looked for the water wheel to no avail. Several years ago there was a rumor that some big resort conglomerate had bought the property around the lake and was to build something like the "Cliffs" there. Must have fell thru during the great rescission.
    Cheers
    Steve
  17. The Opa

The Opa experienced

Oddometer:
    Interesting stuff. I looked at it and could not come up with good answer :wink:.

18. The Opa

The Opa experienced

Oddometer:
    NEW TAG

Photo is the clue

[​IMG]
  19. hojo in sc

hojo in sc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Steve W: Thanks for the history lesson. So I'm assuming the 'light house' was for with lodge as an 'attraction'. Sure wish I could see an old photo from back then.
  20. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    nice tag leon, gonna keep a close eye on this one. might be a canidate for a two fer. hee hee:wink:[​IMG]