Husqvarna TE310 Owner's Thread Sign In

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by khale, Jan 15, 2013.

1. bmah

bmah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The TE310 uses the same oil filter as does the Honda CRF250x, HiFlo HF116, I believe is the right number. Those filters are readily available.:D
  2. BillDRZ

BillDRZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    BMAH thank's, have you been able to locate the 10w-50 castrol? I've checked all my local auto stores I guess I will try bike shops next then net.
  3. sparrow

sparrow Long timer

Oddometer:
    2012 te310 with 168 miles on it. is IT WORTH THE $6800 the guy is asking?
  4. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    Seems high to me, but I don't know what your regional market is like. There is a 2012 TE250 for sale locally with 75 miles for a grand less. I'll bet it is worth it on grins alone, but you can probably do better price wise.
  5. BillDRZ

BillDRZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was able to find Spectrol 10w-50 so thats what went in, rather pricy at $16 qt. The bike has a drain plug with magnet which had a little black on it. I'm guessing typical breakin no metal shavings. I wasn't able to get the oil sump hose fitting off it's a 12mm I think and my wrench seemed to want to strip it so I'll pick up a new 12mm for the task. I wanted to look to see if there is a pickup screen behind the fitting that needs cleaning!
    Does anyone knows on the 2013 model if this screen exists?? (still haven't recieved owners manual) I'm also trying to purchase the shop manual but Husqvarna isn't replying to my dealer, maybe lag due to new ownership. Pretty quick easy job maybe took one glass of wine (too cold for beer still snow on ground).
  6. BillDRZ

BillDRZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok removed seat, the electrical wire were tight across the air filter. after an hour of removing panels plugs ect.. made enough slack so that wires could be moved aside without having to unplug 3 plugs. While I was there I also taped up some battery connection that were close to the frame.
    Ok now onto air filter removal, removed battery and platic bracket for battery and regardless of what I tried the filter seems larger than the hole I should be removing it through! Along with the correct manual maybe they forgot to send my the magical pixy dust to shrink the filter?
    Anyone have advice? :dunno
  7. PK

PK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just picked up a new 2012 a few weeks ago.

I've only had it out for a few miles on road but so far so good.

Light, nimble, and responsive. It is a very different bike from my DR 350. :rofl
  8. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can you rotate the filter 90* and "roll" it out towards where the battery used to be?
  9. sceep

sceep irate

Oddometer:

^^ i bought his.

:evil

[​IMG]

had 50 miles of fun on it last weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn what a Husky crew! :lol3

What octane did you end up running? Please keep this thread updated!

Either is is the camera angle or it looks like you fixed the subframe.
  11. sceep

sceep irate

Oddometer:
    put in 91. ran great.

subframe fixed, sharkfins added, radiator braces going on tonight.
  12. bmah

bmah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I plan on running Shell Rotella in my TE310. I've been using it in all of my motorcycles.
  13. BillDRZ

BillDRZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well got through my breaking and we had a nice weekend 57°F so I was able to get anouther couple hours in. Bike rides like a dream but still stalles when you abruptly let off throttle, one time causing a lowside (no damage). I feel with 6 hours on the bike it's not a breakin issue so I'll be dropping it back off to the dealer for a look over.
    Will keep anyone interrested posted.
  14. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    They do that, get a JD tuner and/or an auto-clutch. The dealer likely won't find anything.
  15. JRE

JRE Yo

Oddometer:
    Curious as to how the power of the 310 compares with an uncorked (jetted/air box modded) DRZ?
  16. lowbudget

lowbudget _twin brothers on the go_

Oddometer:
    I bought a 310 2011 a couple of weeks ago - after some modifications it runs really good by now. No more bogging in front of obstacles and it revs better in the top end.

I changed the ECU, the injector, the exhaust and added some stuff I like/need for enduro riding.

But coming from a 300cc KTM 2stroke it still feels a little down on power in the sand :augie

[​IMG]
  17. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    The 310 is everything the DRZ was supposed to be. Better power across the range, better suspension, better (only slightly) transmission, and (much) better handling.
  18. JRE

JRE Yo

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Had been thinking about a DRZ but have the chance to pick up an '11 TE310 with 2200 mi for a good price. Being that my limited road riding will only be from trailhead to trailhead, I think this will be a good pick. From what I've read here and elsewhere, the 2011+ models are pretty solid.
  19. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had a 2009, it held almost 2 quarts of oil and was an absolute hammer. The reliability of the newer ones was in question at first but those concerns seem to be largely unfounded. I say go for it! :clap
  20. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    If you read Cafe Husky before buying an X-Lite 310, you'd probably go a different direction.
    Not many people post up with threads about how well their bike has been treating them - only the relative few who have had problems.

Mine was rock solid, and a helluva lot of fun. I should have gone shorter on the gearing - who'd have thought going up five teeth on the back would still leave that ultra-close ratio gearbox with too tall a first for really long steep technical climbs.

And it was a JD Tuner away from fueling perfection. On the gas it was great, on trailing throttle it was like you turned the key off - and just THINK about touching the throttle and you'd leap forward.
    The combo of that and a touchy rear brake made tricky, slow descents.....trickier and slower :lol3

I went down from three bikes to one, so I needed something with some street legs.