Middle Tennessee DS Ride Schedule Q2 2010

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by codyrides, Mar 25, 2010.

1. codyrides

codyrides The Milkman

Oddometer:
    Alrighty, due to popular request we will do the rides on Sunday and at an earlier time.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Sun April 11 &#8211; Meet 10AM Roll out 11AM &#8211; All Pavement. 200 + Miles<o:p></o:p>
    Starting location &#8211; North End of Natchez Trace Parkway at the &#8220;Bus Stop&#8221; style pull off. HWY 100 near Loveless Café. 36.034542,-86.975777<o:p></o:p>
    Ride &#8211; Heading North. Looping up to the Cheatham Dam Area and back.<o:p></o:p>
    Sun April 25 &#8211; Cancelled Due to Weather Forecast.
    Sat May 8 &#8211; Meet 10AM Roll out 11AM - <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Chip Road</st1:address></st1:Street>, Gravel, Water Crossings. 75 Miles. Big Bikes will work very hard and break many expensive parts.
    Starting Location &#8211; Chickasaw Trace. 1417 New Highway 7 <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Columbia</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">TN</st1:State> <st1:postalCode w:st="on">38401</st1:postalCode></st1:place>. Enter the park, cross the bridge, hang a left, and meet in the parking lot of the log cabin on the right. 35.667896,-87.079546<o:p></o:p>
    Ride - Eastern<st1:place w:st="on"> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Hickman</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">County</st1:placeType></st1:place>. Getting Wet and Dirty.<o:p></o:p>
    Sun May 23 &#8211; Cancelled Due to Scheduling Issues

Sun June 6 &#8211; Meet 10AM Roll out 11AM &#8211; All Pavement. 200 + Miles
    Starting Location &#8211; Chickasaw Trace. 1417 New Highway 7 <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Columbia</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">TN</st1:State> <st1:postalCode w:st="on">38401</st1:postalCode></st1:place>. Enter the park, cross the bridge, hang a left, and meet in the parking lot of the log cabin on the right. 35.667896,-87.079546<o:p></o:p>
    Ride &#8211; Maury, Hickman and beyond. Will try to time it so we can lunch in Centerville maybe.

Sun June 20 &#8211; Meet 10AM Roll out 11AM &#8211; Chip Road, Gravel, Water Crossings. 75 Miles. Big Bikes will work very hard and break many expensive parts.
    Ride - Eastern<st1:place w:st="on"> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Hickman</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">County</st1:placeType></st1:place>. Getting Wet and Dirty.

Open Slots &#8211; We really need you guys to show us around your neck of the woods. If you have an awesome 250 + mile paved loop, or some killer dirt roads, or something completely different, please PM me. I will get it on the calendar. We want to spread the riding around as much as possible, and see as much of Middle Tennessee as possible. For now, I will continue to sprinkle in gravel rides in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Hickman</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">County</st1:placeType></st1:place> as needed.

Cancellation - We will cancel rides if it is raining.

Aletrnate Starting points

Leipers Creek Rd Pull Off. If coming from Leipers Fork, the pull off is 2.2 miles from Bethel Store on the right. If coming from Highway 7, the pull off is .8 miles from the intersection of Hwy 7 and Leipers Creek Road on the left. 35°47'41.44"N,-87° 9'7.55"W
  2. assquatch20

assquatch20 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Let me brush up on my local trails and I think I could offer my neighborhood up for some good rides by May or June.
  3. TroyJ650

TroyJ650 Long timer

Oddometer:
    To whom it may concern,:lol3

I'm going to pre-run the April 11 ride (from the start) on April 2. I have a 230 mile loop routed and loaded in the GPS, and if it works like it's supposed to, I'll send it to whoever wants it.
    I'll check here AM before I leave @ 9, to see if anyone wants to tag along. I'll be at the start about 10.
  4. codyrides

codyrides The Milkman

Oddometer:
    See everyone on Sunday. Please note the day and start time change. Meet up Sunday @ 10 and roll out at 11. Looking forward to it.
  5. rob feature

rob feature pull my finger

Oddometer:
    DS or road ride this time? Just need to know which bike to bring :deal

edit...never mind...I'm slow today.

I'll ride the big bike
  6. istbenz

istbenz Mustachioed Marauder

Oddometer:
    Damn! I can't come play sunday :cry :cry :cry

I'll be in a classroom from 0730-1830 :becca :becca :becca

BA
  7. TroyJ650

TroyJ650 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The pre-run for the 4-11 ride let me know the route was a little too long. I'm leaving in the best roads, but it will probably be closer to 180-200 miles.

There will be many "easy-out" opportunities for anyone that wants to ride some, but may not want to commit to the entire loop. (I'm borrowing a trail ride term, an easy-out is a chance to get back on a main highway and return home) I'll try to have a few maps of the area that would help get you back if you need to bail out.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
  8. rob feature

Oddometer:
    I did some scouting today.

[​IMG]

With a few holes filled in, this could be something special. I found some stuff today that blew me away. I mean I was riding clean, banked, fantastic twisties for a good 4 hours without really any interruption at all.

And not only were they some of the best roads evar, I had them more or less to myself. Now I was riding a weekday during work hours...probably had something to do with it, but it was just awesomely deserted.

This could go 200 miles easily...very tuneable. Could work dirt in. Could be all paved. I'd have to lean toward keeping the whole thing paved. They really have a good flow to 'em...terrain's steep though...would make for an interesting DS ride.

Either way, a 200ish mile scrumptious ride leaving from NSS or Cedars is very do-able.
  9. TroyJ650

TroyJ650 Long timer

Oddometer:
    -- PARTS EMERGENCY! --

I discovered a blown exhaust connector dough-nut on the 04 DL1000 V-Strom. It is around 45mm id, about 49mm od, maybe 12 mm one end to the other. I've checked Am Motorsports in Madison & Nashville. none in stock.

I'm going to hit the Auto Parts stores looking for material I can use for this weekend. But on the outside chance someone has one, or a suitable temp fix, Please PM!

The ride Sunday is still on, but it may be louder than I expected.
  10. tn-steve

tn-steve Addicted

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  11. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    Looks like ya'll are having fun! Post up a ride report when you get back :freaky
  12. rob feature

Oddometer:
    Not a whole helluvalot to report...just riding all day, some feeding, some shooting of the breeze, more riding...etc. I've been riding bicycles the past week as well, so I'm in absolute agony :lol3. Oh, and a new tag was placed, or will be soonly enough.

Good ride today y'all!
  13. tn-steve

tn-steve Addicted

Oddometer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like Rob said - not much to report other than a beautiful day, great folks to ride with, a great route, good mexican food, and a couple hundred miles of twisty roads in MidTN :thumb :ricky :beer :smile6 :D :rofl :ksteve
  14. stanack2

stanack2 IBA #45290

Oddometer:
    My trip meter said I did 330 miles today driveway to driveway. Absolutely beautiful day for a ride :clap :clap Thanks for a great route Troy! Was there any road in Cheatham county that we didn't go on? :thumb
  15. TroyJ650

TroyJ650 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can assure you we could do another 100-150 miles that you didn't see.

Like Elvis said, always leave 'em wanting more! :wink:

Hey Steve, that camera worked pretty good, why did you throw it down the road?
  16. tn-steve

tn-steve Addicted

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty sure Canon will be happy to replace it for free. I read the entire owners manual when I got home and it doesn't say anything at all about dropping the camera from a motorcycle at 40 mph. Jeesh, you think the camera could hold up to that. :scratch

Seriously - great ride and route today :ricky
  17. codyrides

codyrides The Milkman

Oddometer:
    Great ride today fellas. :D My wife and I had a blast !!!

Troy - thanks for showing us around your neck of the woods. I hope to see that extra 150 miles we missed today.

I remember saying at lunch that it was great being married to a professional photographer right?

Well here are the pics I got. :wink:

Troy

[​IMG]

Steve

[​IMG]

Barrett

[​IMG]

Bob

[​IMG]

Stan

[​IMG]

The Milkman

[​IMG]

And here are the pics she got.:clap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is it me or is Horizontal a little messed up?

[​IMG]

See you guys next time. :freaky
  18. mbob

mbob F800S WR250X

Oddometer:
    Great ride yesterday. Thanks to Troy for the tour and enjoyed meeting
    all of you. Hope to do it again soon. Cody and Stan, hope your trip
    home didn't involve any more turkeys.

Bob

Just across the Mexican border

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. herods_flu

herods_flu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Would have been there,
    but we were "dual" purposing.[​IMG]
  20. herods_flu

herods_flu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    This is my friend Tommy. He doesn't wear his seatbelt, or a jacket and gloves for that matter. I thought I had him ATGATT converted when the KLR went down on his leg and I had to lift it off, but no such luck. We both had "incidents", mine involved the kick starter and some mud:(