Tampa Area rider seeking some adventure...

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by PlznMySoul, Aug 22, 2013.

1. PlznMySoul

PlznMySoul Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Greetings fellow Floridians...

With the 3 day weekend approaching, I thought I would seek a few guys who would not mind a "noob" to Adventure riding joining them on a few "local" rides.

The only way to learn and find out the limits of my "new to me" bike as well as my own limitations is to get out, OFF the tarmac, and ride. I'm sure there are areas that would suit the "noob" just fine.

As for what I'm working with, I have an F650 twin (yeah..a chicks bike) :lol3 with stock rubber so my difficulty level is limited (Smile).

Just looking to ride a bit off road, meet some fellow inmates, have fun and learn more.
  2. steveWFL

steveWFL Long timer

Oddometer:
    Put together something, I may be in. Also check out the tampasportsbike.com ADV sport-touring section with a few of us locals
  3. PlznMySoul

Oddometer:
    I'm not aware of or familiar with any areas to ride "Off road" here. All of my solo & group riding here have been on pavement only ....riding my cruiser. Those rides could end up anywher .... Naples, Miami, Jacksonville etc. That's why I was inquiring with those who know of some good local dirt roads, trails to ride and would not mind a noob joining.

So I figured this thread would be a start. I went riding last week taking one of my cruiser back road routes ending up in Lakeland/Winter haven area. Taking a new route back I noticed a few dirt roads (Unpaved residential area). It's funny how now with this bike, I notice ALL of the unpaved roads :evil. Before, I would care less. I did take a couple of them just toying around getting a feel for how she handles on packed dirt.....nothing major and would turn around. I did see a tempting "Trail" and said F**** it..... started down that path through a few water/mud patches until I ran into a DO NOT ENTER fence maybe 1/4 off the road. That was probably the most excitement I've had thus far :lol3

The risk with that is.... you never know who's property it is.

Anyway, I thought I would ask. If you're up for a ride let me know. PM me and we can meet up. I'm in the Riverview area.
  4. seatec

seatec Dutch Transplant

Oddometer:
  5. PlznMySoul

Oddometer:
    That's what I'm talking about.....> Good stuff. I'm on lock down this weekend but next weekend I'm free. If you're free then also, let's link
    up.
  6. seatec

seatec Dutch Transplant

Oddometer:
    Sounds good