Tuesday 27th Olympic Ride?

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by mr. matteeanne, Sep 19, 2005.

1. mr. matteeanne

mr. matteeanne Bender can pass him

Oddometer:
    Getting colder, lets get a good days ride in while the gettin's good. I found a nice road from Quilcene to Sequim, all off road, and then perhaps up to Hurricane Ridge, and then there is another dirt road at the top of hurricane ridge! Cmon, ya know ya wanna!
    Leave Poulsbo around 9am, be in Quilcene about 9:45, Who's in?
    :thumb :lurk :ricky :war
  2. das Rider

das Rider Professional Hobbyist

Oddometer:
    I might be your huckleberry. What kind of machine do you recommend for this adventure? I'd prefer to ride my GS on a trip of this length. Where is Poulsbo and how would I get there from Redmond by 9:00? I take it a ferry is involved.
  3. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    I will keep and eye out on this thread also. I have two possible days to ride next week and tuesday is one of them. :evil
  4. mr. matteeanne

Oddometer:
    I'm on my KLR, I have taken a couple GS 1150's back here with minimal damage:evil . No seriously it's all forestry roads so no problem. Yes a ferry ride is in order (but you get front of the line privaledges!:D )

The Seattle Bainbridge is by far the easiest.....
  5. toothy

toothy Grin

Oddometer:
    Is it Fr 27, 28 and the (secret) paved road with gravel book-ends that shall not be mentioned?

Penny for your thoughts- :evil
  6. mr. matteeanne

Oddometer:
    My favorite 16 miles of pavement on the planet, and likely the death of me.
    To those who have never ridden penny creek road, there is no speed limit, and it is twistier than any road you have ever ridden, youll hit corners at everywhere between 5mph and 60mph. Whoo Hoo!
    Toothy, are you the DRZ from a previous ride?:huh
  7. das Rider

Oddometer:
    Does this look at all familiar?

[​IMG]
  8. mr. matteeanne

Oddometer:
    Is it my breath? (Just trying to keep this thread on page one so someone will hopefully attend,) truth is, I am a wuss, and while I will ride alone, it is a bit scary as there are points on this ride where I/we will be a few days hike away from the highway, and hell cept for slime, I dont know how to change a flat:huh
    So someone call in sick, buy the wife flowers:lol3 or whatever it takes!
  9. mr. matteeanne

Oddometer:
    Did I mention that on dry days with moss on the road, sometimes you kick up GREEN ROOSTERTAILS! A must see for any riding enthusiast!
  10. 88NX250

88NX250 Team USA

Oddometer:
    As really, REALLY fun as that all sounds, I just started school so weekdays are pretty much COMPLETELY out for me with the exception of small local day-trips.
  11. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    I keep looking at this. I'm off work on vacation and I know Das rider is looking at doing a little riding. My shoulder is still bothering me a little and I don't know if it will alow me to make that long of a ride. Just keep and eye out on your pm and this thread and I will try to make a decision by Sunday depending on the shoulder condition.
  12. toothy

toothy Grin

Oddometer:
    Yellow GS, I biffed in the mud and the miracle of engineering that is the horizontal cylinder stopped my 600 pound machine from cascading down a cliff. Was that you on the red KLR that helped me up?
  13. das Rider

Oddometer:
    I've done that route in the rain. I'd like to see it with the sun shinning so if the weather is good (right now it is looking iffy) I might make it. You will have to help me out and tell me which ferry to take at what time and where we'd meet. And hopefully GSGuy will be able to come along.
  14. toothy

toothy Grin

Oddometer:
    If you go, I'll go.
  15. CascadeThumper

CascadeThumper Critical Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here's the Ferry Schedule There's a 50/50 chance I could make it. Sometimes work gives me a little break mid-week, hopefully Tuesday will be a stealth day. The Olympics are so nice that it's worth a little extra effort.
  16. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    Oh so if I go you wont make it :dunno So what am I choped liver to you now :lol3
  17. das Rider

Oddometer:
    Chopped SHOULDER! :rofl
  18. das Rider

Oddometer:
    Ok, let's plan on going. If it's raining Tuesday I might back out, just because I want to do some photography and my portfolio doesn't need any more gray scenes. After all, this is supposed to be a good day of riding before the bad weather sets in. We'll have all winter to ride in the rain. Let's get the ferry schedule worked out. Dave you're in. Dale, suck it up and ride. It's a road trip.
  19. toothy

toothy Grin

Oddometer:
    No actually, if you can get all "craigs list crazy" and getcher self a drz then so can I. Although the Harley has to go first, Mamma says no more than two (who am I kidding) bikes at once.

So there.
  20. das Rider

Oddometer:
    It looks like Toothy and I will be coming and hopefully GSGuy. Just where in Poulsbo do you want to meet at 9:00. We'll take the 7:55 ferry from Seattle. I definitely want to ride up to hurricane Ridge. I wouldn't hurt to have cell numbers by then either. I'll PM you as it gets closer.