Cyclops Adventure Sports- Performance lighting, TPMS, Rally kits, etc. merge thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Nov 5, 2012.

1. LocuL

LocuL Gnarly Steward

Oddometer:
    Maybe it has been answered but for the slow Dane. Does the light bar (8") fit underneath the 950 headlight????

Best regards
    Mikael
  2. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the posting. Did the build quality differ much between the lights?
  3. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Kind of like this?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    DSM8,
    Nice pics. Which 8" light bar is that?
  5. spagthorpe

spagthorpe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not to open a can of worms with the comparison pictures or anything, but have you done a comparison with the Clearwater Kristas?
  6. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    No can of worms to be opened.
    I stand behind everything in this thread 1000%
    If your looking for a long distance light there is no other LED that carries the distance of the 10 deg Long Range. Several higher wattage LEDs put out more light closer to the bike, none throw the distance. I absolutely feel these are the best aux lights currently available at a reasonable cost.
    The CW K's are quality lights.
    In Price, The Kristas do cost twice as much. In distance they fall well short of what the long range 10 or 20 degree is capable of.
    Take a look at the size and depth of the long ranges reflector compared to every led aux light on the market, It is far deeper and larger. Larger,deeper reflectors produce better performance. This reflector is unmatched in the market.
    Very soon you will start seeing articles in publications that confirm the facts that I have laid out here. Lumen ratings don't really mean much in todays market place.

watt per watt, dollar to dollar these are by far the best value in Aux Lighting today
  7. OldF7Guy

OldF7Guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello, I have a few possibly stupid questions.

On a street bike only driven bike are the long range lights (10w) the best thing you have to improve visibility? My concern is that from looking at the photographs that they may be too bright and cause problems with on coming traffic. Which leads to the next question. I like the idea of wiring them in to the dimmer switch so that when you go to high beam you have 100 percent of light available but my concern is that on low beam it may still put out too much light and cause problems. I know aiming is a big part of this equation but you dont want all that light right on the ground in front of you.

The stock headlights these days (55w/60w) just barely get you by and I would like more light in the dark coupled with being able to be seen better during the daylight hours.

What do you think the best way to go on a street driven bike only?

I am not ready to buy just yet but I will go out of my way to help somebody with good customer service and buy something for a change that is NOT MADE IN CHINA.

Thanks.
  8. DSM8

DSM8 Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer:
    Got it from this vendor.
  9. DSM8

DSM8 Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer:
    I have looked at the Clearwater lights, they are a high quality light, I have not used them but then again my application is different, same reason I dont use the long range lights from this vendor, my needs are better met by the light bar (close up flood light needs). Not suitable to my application.

In short all the products I have looked at come down to two groups.

Those like this vendors, the Krista's etc are a very high quality. Unlike the Anzo lights which are chinese and you can tell in the quality of the light output (as seen in the picture) and housing.

Note all of these lights are brand new in the pictures so your seeing apples to apples right out of the box. All were powered off a solid state 12V DC inverter so each was provided a clean power source and not from a batt that was getting wore down as it went from light to light.

That said, I am pleased with the quality of Cyclops products and the price point makes it very hard to beat.
  10. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    We have a lot of other quality products to choose from. here is a link to our aux lights page
    http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=categories&id=17

These lights are slightly lower in Kelvin color than many others, That will help with glare to oncoming drivers, riding in rain,fog etc.
    Like you mentioned aim is very important, You do not need to aim them into the ground to prevent glare to oncoming cars, I leave mine in a reasonable spot for both good visibility and good forward lighting.
    they could be aimed up a bit more for farther distance.
    I have intentionally attempted to get flashed or pulled over, Not being an ass, but using the lights like a customer would. So far I have had no issues and am very pleased.
    The 10 or 20 degree lights dont really create any more glare for oncoming drivers than any other LED light.
    I do feel these are the best lights at the best price going for street or dirt, They would be my recommendation.
    We can offer you more expensive lights that do less, But I probably wouldn't have a returning customer.:eek1
    Thanks for the questions.
    Maybe I should get some forward looking shots at the shop Mule?
  11. Sunday Rider

Sunday Rider Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer:
    Does the dimmer harness make it possible to reduce the output of the lights or is it just on/off with the high beam link? Can you dim them so they are at 50% output when there is oncoming traffic?

I was trying to find it on the website, but couldn't locate the harness part.

Thanks
  12. Gangplank

Gangplank Advenchaintourer

Oddometer:
    Gonna have to look at some of these for the F650GSD project I'm working on.

Posted mobile on Tapatalk
  13. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks for asking
    The dimmer harness allows the lights to dim to 50% via our 3 way handle bar mounted switch or threw your high beam switch.
    The harness is not sold separately. Ill have some wording put on the site about the dimming function, Thanks for the letting me know this info is missing.
  14. Sunday Rider

Sunday Rider Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer:
    So it is limited to 50% or does it go from 0-100% power?

I have a multi switch that I can use, and just wondered how it would incorporate into the harness, and how the dimming %age would be adjusted.

Thanks,
  15. txbear55

txbear55 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just completed the install of the 10 & 20 degree Optimus singles on my 990 Dakar via a SW Motech mount. Took a while since this was the first time for me to "strip" the girl and I am definitely electrically challenged, but this was truly a plug and play install. Fantastic results and a first rate set-up!

Thanks, Darryl!
  16. Boojum

Boojum I Miss the PartyBoss

Oddometer:
    I have the oval 7" Trail Tech H4 light on my XRL, and have been waiting for a Grill/Cover to protect the light from being cracked by gravel from a bike in front of me. I was told about a year or two ago that you guys were doing R&D on just such an item for this light. I've not seen anything, but did you guys ever develope a guard for this light??????? :ear :ear I sure would like some protection for that big gravel bullseye. :lol3

Boojum
  17. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    The dimmer we use is a 50% reduction, Not adjustable, I really have a hard time understanding why anyone would want a dial?
    Since I do not know what switch or dimmer you have I cant really comment on it. I suggest using the parts that are designed for these lights.
  18. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank You txbear. Im Glad you are happy with the product:clap
  19. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    We have sold hundreds of protectors for our Rally light,they have been available The Rally light for at least 2 years. We do not have anything for Trailtech products?
    The Rally light will most likely be going away. If you need a protector for the Cyclops Rally light, get ahold of us quickly.
  20. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    The Light Bar in the Photo is the combo beam pattern two 25 degree beams and four 10 degree beams. CIL-630XLP