My number came up yesterday

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by bracky72, Apr 23, 2013.

1. bracky72

bracky72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    As I was pulling my self off the road I could feel my broken foot dangling behind me and the full pain had not hit yet. Once I got off the shoulder it kicked it pretty good. I was begging for the ambulance to arrive by the time it got there.

It was a horrible terrifying experience. I would say if it were even the slightest bit worse I couldn't have handled it. But you really never know until it happens. :deal

Had a pretty good day today. I had a massage therapist friend drop by and give me the full treatment. My back and shoulders had been getting really tight with me sitting around all day. I feel much better now. :)
  2. monkeydad

monkeydad Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is no way I could let that go if I knew who had hit me.

I'd be after some payback one way or the other.

I wish you all the best.
  3. bracky72

bracky72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Recovery continues... The pain has subsided to a manageable level. A old shoulder injury has flared up because of all the crutching around but I'm dealing. I see the Dr on Wednesday and he will evaluate my progress and take a look at my shoulder. One day at a time...

I would love to get some sweet payback and we have been exhausting all leads trying to figure out who it is. But I'm not letting it eat me up because I know we will probably never know.

My new helmet arrived today. Obviously I won't be wearing it anytime soon but it's the little things that keep my spirits up. I got another Shoe Multitec. At $299 they are an incredible bargain.
  4. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Or a multiple DUI offender who may or may not have been drunk at the time of the accident.

Sorry to hear of your bad luck Bracky! I hope you heal up fast. It's too bad you didn't ask one of the other people who stopped to get the guys license plate number.
    I hope they get the guy and put him away for a long time...
  5. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is horrible, on such a simple road the guy couldn't wait two seconds for you to turn in. I hope the cops do their job and find this guy, I can't believe he just took off! Would you be able to recognize him if you saw him again? I hope you have a speedy recovery, the bike can be replaced.
  6. 5punksdad

5punksdad Tag-Master-Flash

Oddometer:
    wow...the cops are that dumb?

hope you heal quickly & fully.
  7. RebRider

RebRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bracky,

Just find out about this today, hope you heal up real soon, if there is anything us inmates in the Eastern Panhandle can do to help you and your family out while you recover let us know. Will PM you my cell phone and home phone.

hope they find the %#!&* that hit you and put him under the jail....

take care.
  8. Uneasy Rider

Uneasy Rider The life of Riley

Oddometer:
    Have you contacted a lawyer? Or a Private Investigator? It might light a fire under the cops asses...

I would stake out that area & look for vehicles that match the description. He must live or work nearby.

If its a small town & you stick with it....you will find him.

Good luck.
  9. bracky72

bracky72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've told my insurance companies everything I know. I would think they would be the most motivated to identify him.

I would love to catch him but I've spoken with all the witnesses and none of them can provide any more detail then me. It's like they were all in shock from what they were seeing.

So I'm focusing on my recovery and keeping a positive attitude. I'm having a bit of trouble with my left shoulder. It's actually become my primary pain complaint. For my shoulder to feel better I need my leg to feel better so I can get back on my feet. A brutal circle. :norton

But I'm doing pretty good and will be back better faster and stronger once it's all said and done. :evil
  10. chasbo

chasbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hang in there man, it will get better. Regardless of finding the ass that did this, getting fit again and back on your feet is what is truly important.
  11. Casey.

Casey. Nerd on a bike

Oddometer:
    My thoughts as well. Can't deny I'd have a vengeful chip also.
  12. bracky72

bracky72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The past few days have been getting much better for me. My shoulder is hurting less and I'm actually starting to touch my foot to the ground and go through the motions of walking. I'm not putting much weight on it but its starting to get range of motion back. On Monday it will be four weeks so I know I have a ways to go but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. :1drink
  13. RebRider

RebRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear you are on the mend... hope things soon get back to normal....

Is Beasley's back open...? need to have a get well party there....
  14. Bobby Ginger

Bobby Ginger Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    This one made me really angry for you. I have broken bones before but they were my fault. This was completely avoidable if they guy had a little patience. I hope they find the guy, and he does go to prison. I do appreciate your positivity!
  15. crg infidel

crg infidel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am appalled that there is such a thing as a "Misdemeanor Hit & Run". To cause an injury accident, and then leave the scene doesn't seem like a minor offense as far as I'm concerned!

I'm very impressed with your attitude in this situation, and I'm sure that is going to be a huge help in your recovery. Good for you!

Also, is it possible for the police to use the sample of the paint on your damaged lid to help figure out what make/model hit you? Seems like good evidence.
  16. jbar28

jbar28 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great, love your positive attitude. It would be so easy to fall into the trap of bitterness and self pity, and I applaud you for not letting that happen. :clap The new helmet is a great sign of that attitude. It will be there when you are ready. I just took my new Shoei (GT-Air) for it's first ride yesterday, it's a great feeling.
  17. bracky72

bracky72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I took my first unassisted step today. :1drink
  18. chasbo

chasbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hell yeah! Awesome news!!
  19. 100mpg

100mpg Self Imposed Exile

Oddometer:
    :clap eh....how did that feel?
  20. bracky72

bracky72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It felt really awkward. Mind over matter. My mind is telling me I can't do it but my body is saying go ahead it's ok. It does ache a good bit so I know I'm really bedding it in good. lol

My breakthrough came with a session in the physical therapy pool. That allowed me to walk for the first time and I got a pretty good workout. Then the next day I did my at home exercises and it just sort of happened. So now I'm down to using a cane for assistance. :1drink

I have two more sessions in the pool scheduled for next week. :clap