Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #31
Sporting Wood
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
There are three (3) layers in our filters with varying densities. Not two. Knowing what you sell is important. We think...

Well, I know that the ITG that I sell is equipped with two layers of filtration foam. The additional layer is specifically added for as a safety feature. From the ITG sales brochure,

"These versatile filters are easily recognisable by their twin bright red bands around the top and bottom. They should not be confused with the many inferior types of foam air filter.

These bands are the visible part of two fibre- reinforced nylon injection mouldings which form the structure on which our unique Tri-Foam filter system is bonded.

The two outer layers of foam provide optimum filtration and load-up capacity while the inner layer is made of special self extinguishing filter foam.

Together, they give the best combination for air flow, engine protection and safety.

All baseplates for the Megaflow range are made from steel which is powder coated in bright red."

No experience with yours except for briefly holding one off a customers bike. Since you've stated your's is also equipped with the self extinguishing filter foam, I'm assuming this may be an argument of semantics?

According to my guy at ITG, they make 3 foam filtration densities. Their Maxogen series is designed for turbo and supercharger applications and incorporates another foam that filters smaller particulates, also creates greater restriction and needs more often cleaning. These con's aren't a big deal on a street vehicle, especially with a blower overcoming any additional restriction. This is what I'm at least told by my importer rep this afternoon.

All that said, I have to agree with Jdeks.

FWIW, I appreciate CPRFAB having heavily edited his earlier posts in the interest of civility and getting down to the facts.
Sporting Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #32
SierraJeep
It's toast

Oddometer: 624
For some reason the thoughts of the old SNL's parody "Triple Track Razor" commercial keeps running through my head.

If you're familiar with that "commercial" you will know what I am referring to in this; however, I won't type the tag line here.

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
SierraJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #33
Jdeks
Departed

Oddometer: 937
Hey man, i like my Gillette Mach3!!
Jdeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #34
renogeorge
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,082
I mistakenly post a snarky PM sent to me as a result of this thread. Broke the rule because I didn't know. Mods correctly banned me. But, you delete all my posts and allow the "other guy" to sanitize his and continue on. Is that how this is supposed to work?
Old 10-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #35
redone
That Guy

Oddometer: 1,154
Yep

Don't Blink
redone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #36
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by renogeorge View Post
But, you delete all my posts and allow the "other guy" to sanitize his and continue on. Is that how this is supposed to work?
Well that sucks....
Old 11-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #37
SierraJeep
It's toast

Oddometer: 624
Here's a photo with the three parts in question all together... (although it's difficult to see the snap-out part, but it's under the glove box)

Close up of the snap-out...

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
SierraJeep is offline   Reply With Quote