1190 center stand

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by AdvIvan, Aug 26, 2013.

1. AdvIvan

AdvIvan Rock on!

Oddometer:
    Heya!

When riding 2-up, with panniers on, the dampening system seam insufficient; the centerstand scratches the asphalt sometimes when cornering. No, it's not because we're too fat! :) 80+60+20 kg, EDS in 2+p mode.
    Did anyone else experience center-stand scratching?

A few months ago I had a EDS-failure message which disappeared without corrections. Could be linked I guess?

On a side note, the centerstand is full of other scratches and dents from front-wheel stone spray. All these scratches tend to rust. The center stand all together gives a really poor impression... :deal
  2. Tancakar

Tancakar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    as soon as you press the 2-UP button the bike is rising quite alot. So i would check this first. put it up to 1 person first then sit on it adjust it to 2-UP+lagguage you must feel the bike really rises if not your system doesnt work ! if does which mine work, i never have that problem even with comfort setting the bike got really good ground clearence.

Hope this helps !
  3. I JET

I JET Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've scraped my centre stand a few times now, i ride in sport mode and always set on single with luggage and I still scrape every now and then, worse if its in comfort mode, I weigh 62kg. I think it comes down to how hard its ridden. +1 on checking it does actually rise up when you change the setting, it may not be working.
  4. nikoktm

nikoktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Stuck far, far away, who knows for how long.
    That's why I'm reinforce the suspension!. (And I have the R model) I heard a guy who had a big damage on the bike when the knnoby tire hit badly the the upper part of the bike
  5. Tancakar

Oddometer:
    I think if I really push it , the stand might be touch the floor but again I don't ride this bike like fireblade :) it has got limits yes it has got power but it isn't a sports bike:) it won't make you put your knee down. :lol3
  6. AdvIvan

AdvIvan Rock on!

Oddometer:
    Tried the 1-up to 2-up raisal test you asked for. It raises somewhat at least, I have nothing to compare to but something happens.
    I don't see any difference when changing EDS between COMFORT/STREET/SPORT though.

With 150 hp and a 170/60ZR17 tire on the back wheel, I'd be amazed if it's not made for wearing my kneeplates out. Scraping the center stand is however FAR from scraping my knee!
  7. RoteEddie

RoteEddie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Seriously?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4-73oSfZZcA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  8. Tancakar

Oddometer:
    well at least i cant do it on this bike :) Its another issue that i think these people who ever test riding the bikes always try to get their knee down rather then telling us the 1190 adventure burns alot petrol got a heat problem. The bike doesnt been made for track use and what is the point of using the bike like this :) what are you going to go evrywhere with wheeles ? :) why there is a wheele in a test ? for an adventure bike ? :) these jornulist bikers makes me laugh specially MCN . they test ride a harley davidson sportster and they said the ground clearence is bad :) lol the ground clearence ? IT IS A HARLEY DAVIDSON ! cruiser what ground clearence you have in mind ? the same thing happend in KTM 1190 . they said the bike is this god that good 150 hp like a sports bike but they didnt tell positives and negatives about the bike . These guys in the video can put their knee down and i find even wearing full leathers shows that you are not an off road or enduro rider . sorry jornulists but its true .
  9. AdvIvan

AdvIvan Rock on!

Oddometer:
    So when I put my leathers on, it's ok for me to drive it like my old sportsbike. And when I put the GoreTex on again, it's offroad and RAIN-mode only? Come-on, the bike is versitile like hell, and that's why we bought it. Back on topic - no matter what the bike is built for, the center stand should clear an asphalted curve just fine. But it doesn't..?
  10. Tancakar

Oddometer:
    yes ofcourse it is but did you ever see a true adventure biker,enduro rider or a dirt bike rider buying a lether kit? not at all ! we ride all season and goretex is good for that and lethers got better protection from a crash.

by the way as you see in this video there are no issues with side stand! or center stand . the guy at the front nearly going to scratch the side bags on the floor :)
  11. RoteEddie

Oddometer:
    Another one of your hilarious posts, Tan:wink: To summarize your statements:

1. You are a true adventure rider
    2. True adv riders wear goretex
    3. True adventure riders don't ride fast in the twisties
    4. True adventure riders don't wheelie

Did I miss anything?
  12. Babatad

Babatad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow the side case must have been a cm or two from the ground.

This bike is really awesome. Unfortunately not much off road opportunities for me but on the rare chance it's been fun.
  13. Tancakar

Oddometer:

do you have a special ability to understand everything from the bottom part of it ?

1. does it matters>?
    2. yes mainly they wear Gore-Tex or any textile because THEY ARE WATERPROOF! dump!
    3.they can ride fast, but they can't ride a 1190 adventure bike like a panigale super sports bike it isn't design for that !
    4. every riders wheelie but a test journalist don't have to wheelie with all bikes ! they wheelie even when they test ride a Goldwing ! what is the point ! of course adventure or any rider can wheelie .

Are you seriously have no brain to actually understand anything I write ?
    you are embarrassing yourself there is nothing wrong what I said and they are all true.
  14. Tancakar

Oddometer:

also I need to answer you again as well because it feels like you guys need explaining in a simple answer.

yes MAINLY the adventure or off-road riders DONT wear leathers!

they are not waterproof
    majority of them not comfortable
    and if you on a 990,950 or 1190 with the leathers and knee pads, I laugh at you with my ass.
    The leathers for really high impact and you wont see people wearing goretex textile on ISLE OF MAN TT.

Do I need to explain more ?

because even a child can understand what I am trying to say.:eek1
  15. Frog uk

Frog uk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here we go again.

Tan knows everything, everyone else knows nothing, we are all stupid because we don't understand him.

:dhorse:dhorse:dhorse
  16. RoteEddie

Oddometer:
    Tan, you just made my day. Sounds like you live in a fish bowl! Enjoy your adventure down to Starbucks in your goretex outfit.

PS! Don't forget the makeup :-)
  17. Katoom72

Katoom72 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The video is made for entertainment purpose. And it looks to me like they are having allot of fun. When i watch this i am thinking: "i want to be on that thing" That's their goal, to make people enthusiastic for the bike, and that's why they can testride it as a journalist.
    Again, fun. The big plus of this bike is that it's like a swiss-knife. The thing has pottential in any form of riding. Track, road, dirt. It does not matter.
    Yes, because it's fun to wheelie a bigass bike, you should try it some time. It's...wait for it...FUN!
    The purpose of the video is not to show the off-road capabilities, it's for showing the road potential. Afterall, it's in the all-road segment. The vid shows how much of a hooligan bike the 1190 is, a true KTM.
  18. Tancakar

Oddometer:
    Mate why such loser comment ? Why can't you handle that the statement I just write is completely true!

Why is that I live in a fish bowl! don't make me laugh you are ridiculous. If you got nothing to say just shut up, if you got something to say just write it up like a man. Do you even got a bike because I think you don't have a clue about leathers and textile. I can teach you free!

Fucking loser
  19. Tancakar

Oddometer:
    :D entertainment ? It's a bike test :) people will listen, watch and think about buying it in future. But yes it is to show that it's still a hologan bike.
  20. RoteEddie

Oddometer:
    Tan, you are the man! Lol