Dualsport Fairing w PnP LED Lighting

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sanjoh, Feb 20, 2012.

1. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    PERFECT! I assume either the lights are adjustable, or the lower one is pointed down more for low beam use?!

I'm interested, and could potentially be the wr250r guinnee pig if you're into it. I've done a bunch Of electriCal/lighting stuff on my other bike (link in signature), and the wrr now needs some attention.
  3. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    The direction of each light is independently adjustable. Keep in mind, the ability to dim the lower light, reduces the importance of aiming it.

Heck yes, if you could snap some pics of the connector and send the pinouts/electrical connections for it , we can include a PnP option. Please send to sandjoh@gmail.com. I'll offer you a substantial discount for your help.

Thanks
  4. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like these mounts. Solid, easy to take the light on & off and gives a bit more space for the wiring and spedometer.

[​IMG]
  5. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would love this fairing with an opening for a 7" round headlight. I want to use the Truck lite LED headlight that is DOT approved. Is something like that possible? It would go on my XR650L.
  6. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    From someone that has had worm drive hose clamps break in the middle of trip, you don't really want them. I did replace them with tbolt clamps, iirc that was about 12k miles ago.

[​IMG]

The fairing is designed for a 2" diameter light. If you are set on using the truck lite, I'd recommend you try something like this
    [​IMG]
    7" light with a dakar screen cut to fit.
  7. Fast1

Fast1 Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
    in to hear about the progression of this fairing. Looks really good on the Husky TE.
  8. xscoobysnack

xscoobysnack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I agree. Do you intend to go with white only? I have yet to buy an oversize tank and I think a white tank with the fairing would look kick ass.
  9. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll be all over this for my WR250R

When it's ready ---------I'll order it---I want 2 60's in it with the dimmer.
    If you don't have time Sanjoh to make it plug and play---I can
    handle the wiring. I'll want a white fairing.

Just put a pair of 60's on my KLR---and have been holding off for another purchase cause I just didn't know what to do on my WR ????? Now I guess I do.

By the way Sanjoh-----the WR250r has 350 watts of power and I've used my stock headlight, gps, heated grips, and heated vest for a 6 week trip to Alaska---the charging system on this bike is phenomenal for a small bike. The stock wire feeding the stock headlight will be plenty ample in size.

BigDog
  10. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    The fairing will come in black and white base colors. Optional graphics to better match bike will be available.

Something about a white dirt bike:deal

You were just the guy I was thinking of during the design. You are gonna love the wind protection without compromising visibility.

Thanks for the offer on the wiring. 350 watts! I'm jealous, why can all bikes have that?
  11. Drabnor

Drabnor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    x2

or maybe a whole new product line?

one tall version
    one shorter version
    one with the best of both, top half removable
  12. Fast1

Fast1 Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
    Are you to the point where you can provide the dimensions of the fairing (lengthxwidth)?

It appears that mounted on the Husky there may be some amount of adjustment either up or down based on where the clamps are positioned on the forks..correct?
  13. kaosrider

kaosrider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    When can we order???
  14. Subaru297

Subaru297 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another WR250X user subscribing. Very impressed with your LED lights. This could be a worthy upgrade as well.

Although an adjustable windscreen would be preferable and easier than putting out models with different heights.
    Adjustable windscreen is pretty easy. Just drill a few holes.

[​IMG]

Cheers
  15. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the feedback thus far.

Just got back from an evening ride. The low beam works wonderful (currently model 30), plenty of light to see yet not blinding anyone. Local police had a close inspection and approved:clap

This is a prototype, more models to come.

There is a small amount of adjustment up and down. The top of the fairing is 8" above the triple. Dimensions will be provided with the production model, which is in process as I type.

Next month. The fairing will be offered in any lighting configuration of the model 30, 44 or the 60. Can't wait to to test it with out with two 60s, that is one amazing light.

Keep in mind you get full power on high beam so 2 60s will pull just north of 60 watts and make daylight:D
  16. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:
    This would be a nice mod for my XR650L. The variable height would be da snitz!
  17. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    A clear adjustable extension will likely be included as part two. The fairing would be a great compliment to the nice cushy seat on the XR.
  18. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    I've seen this fairing in person and it's a quality product! Nice fit & finish and the lights are awesome. :evil

I'm definitely getting one for my XR when they're available. :clap
  19. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm IN! :deal
  20. 3rdGear

3rdGear Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sweet baby Jesus! Just what I need. If you need a KTM LC4 640 Enduro to iron out the bugs with, I'm your guy.