From Estonia with love (Round the World)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by tsiklonaut, Jun 30, 2009.

1. OU812

OU812 Legend in my own Mind!

Oddometer:
    :evil
    Great minds think alike.:lol3
  2. tsiklonaut

tsiklonaut the (in)famous boxer perv

Oddometer:

Hi Thomas & Andrea :wave

Sent you a PM.

You should seek out your swimming gear, sun umbrella and bikinis for the wife - looks like beach weather from here :lol3

[​IMG]
    Morning on our wall: -32C/-26F during sunrise (at night it was -35C/-31F). Can get worse though...

It must be a dead woman then, otherwise the ice should melt - or maybe Ice Queen from that famous fairytale? I just thought it's an arty-farty shot, I may have to rename it arty-tarty shot :lol3
  3. Rocketfuel

Rocketfuel GS'er

Oddometer:
    A huge congrats to both.

Although I have only managed to read a fraction of your thread so far, I feel you deserve a "Huge Congratulations".

Your mechanical and photography skills (riding goes without saying) is outstanding.

I also felt you have summed up your experiences very clearly in post #2352 on page 157 _ and how true it is.

Again, what a life changing experience!. I am sure you will find a way of using it to your advantage in your future careers.

All the best from freezing (relatively speaking) UK.
  4. BOOGIEMAN

BOOGIEMAN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Long read but very interesting. A trip of a life time that most people will never be able to do.:freaky
  5. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Margus,

What will you do for film now that Kodak appears to be going out of business?

total respect BTW.
  6. OU812

OU812 Legend in my own Mind!

Oddometer:
    Fuji still makes film.:deal
  7. Decster

Decster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Kodak's film business is booming it has been the digital division that has blown all the dough.

Kodak confirmed they will still continue to manufacture film.

Long life Tri-x
  8. tsiklonaut

Oddometer:
    I dare hope so and pray for it!

I'd kill for to Kodak bring back their EIR Aerochrome (colour infrared slide film, discontinued since some years ago already) or to sell the technology to some smaller manufacturer, i.e. Rollei/MACO that make living out of art photography. Kodak's colour negative Portra series emulsion ranks among the best portrait films I've ever shot. Altough Kodak's positive slide film isn't exacly Fuji's class, they still had their strong fields like E200 in astronomy or G-series for neutral colours. Also Kodak's developer technologies like TMAX, would be shame if it's all gone.

Let's hope they keep their pride and roots and continue producing their World class film and chemistry.

A poor flatbed scan out of Kodak Portra film shot:

[​IMG]
    A tribal momma in Mali.

9. Preacher

Preacher Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What are your current plans for income, and how are things going for you since returning home?

Preacher
  10. tsiklonaut

Oddometer:
    Rather difficult - Kariina just found a job, me still without "official" one. We've given a couple of presentations and earned a little penny to survive, but Estonia is pretty small market for such things. Despite having good sides being in our home country I'm starting to question myself why we returned - maybe should have stayed somewhere else :lol3

The good side is that, we've started to write the book, we've made some progress but it'll slow down when we both get jobs. Let's see how it goes.
  11. pachovilla

pachovilla Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great news... Hold on and you will soon find a job, or a new adventure... Greetings from México, and there is always a world of oportunities, you probably know this better than everyone, including me.
  12. Tom-Traveller

Tom-Traveller Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Switzerland, near the border to the BlackForest

You will sort the things and possibilities, it`s just a further country with the local porblems .... :deal

Happy to see you soon :freaky

Greets Thomas & Andrea
  13. Kirkster

Kirkster Parts Murderer

Oddometer:
    Have you looked into using iBooks Author, as anything you two write would benefit greatly to include images, audio, and video from your adventure

It does look like a good format for putting your book out and gives you a built in sales mechanism.
  14. Dustsucker

Dustsucker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    .....listen to the song by Toto called Africa and you`ll come to understand the situation. Africa has spoken :D. Good luck friends, you are real travellers and may God bless.
  15. kwakbiker

kwakbiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thats good to hear about the book, I hope youll put some pics in to:D
  16. copout

copout Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dear Margus and Kariina

I was a latecomer to your epic journey, but I was enthralled from page one! This was not only a brilliant RR it also challenged the very fibre of my being. Questioning why I am not brave enough or foolhardy enough to test my own boundaries like you both have.

You are modern day crusaders....burning a path through the outer reaches of humanity.

For me the highlight was the pics of the kids..full of joyous optimism from Timor Leste to Western Africa.

Thankyou for sharing this joyous adventure.
  17. tramparifas

tramparifas Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the beautiful days I spent traveling with you:
  18. sabink

sabink Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Margus, can you please tell us what did you do to protect yourself and Kariina (also the tent) from snakes, scorpions and spiders?

Thanks.
  19. micro_fresh

micro_fresh n00b

Oddometer:
    What an adventure! Totally inspiring!

I've just finished reading the whole thread after a 3-week everyday process!!

:clap

Stay safe and adventurous.

Tassos, Greece
  20. wildy

wildy The Highwayman

Oddometer:
    A belated thank you for probably the best ride report I have seen on this forum in over ten years. You are a talented photographer and a good author. Don't waste your talent. Thanks again as you have obviously spent countless hours putting this together.