West Vendor / Vendor Event Thread

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by CA Stu, Nov 13, 2012.

1. CA Stu

CA Stu Peace and Love

Oddometer:
    Copied from Neduro's post in Rockies, because I think it's a great idea and it will benefit both local vendors and forum members:

I will un-stick this thread in a week or so, after people notice it.
    :D
  2. CA Stu

CA Stu Peace and Love

Oddometer:
    There's been lots of Vendors advertising regional-specific events in the past... :scratch
  3. Rockgarden Bob

Rockgarden Bob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, Bob here from Ironman Dual Sport. So right now on the Ride Schedule for 2013 I have 7 rides scheduled and soon to add more. I'll start this out easy and start with the month of June. First is the Crown Point Rally, Sunday June 2nd. We're making this ride with several route options, technical single track for the hardcore dirt rider, challenging 2 track for the average Dual Sport Rider who still wants to stay mostly in the dirt. and twisting pavement with a little dirt and great scenery for the Adventure Rider. Plus a great lunch and soon to be collectors items Crown Point Rally event tee shirts are included with the ride. There is also free camping Saturday night before the ride at the staging area, Sorry no room for large RVs.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Next on June 22nd and 23rd The Wildwood 400 is a great ride for all Dual Sport riders, from beginners to expert riders. The 400 mile route is a 50/50 dirt/pavement mix of graded dirt roads, 4X4 roads, and paved roads, some so tight and twisty they are like paved single track. There is also a separate 500 mile Lost Coast/Trinity Alps Adventure bike route with just enough dirt thrown in to add a challenge. Whether you ride the Dual Sport or the Adventure Bike route, or one route one day and the other the next. You'll ride through the most amazing scenery in Northern California. This ride begins and ends at our staging area in Wildwood CA. Where there is free camping Friday night before the ride. Saturday night we stay in Fortuna CA. Ironman Dual Sport will transport your small overnight gear bag to the Eel River Brewery in Fortuna and back to the staging area. All riders are responsible for their own overnight accommodations for info about where to stay in the Fortua area go to www.redwoods.info . Here's a video I made afew years back while pre-riding,

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UviBsJThHvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UviBsJThHvc

And a few pics from previous rides, everyone loves to wheelie!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So anyway there's a start You can Find out more about Ironman Dual Sport and all our rides and upcoming events at the website here. http://www.ironmandualsport.com

Also make sure to check the Ironman Dual Sport "Gear and Parts" store here, http://shop.ironmandualsport.com/category.sc;jsessionid=76F490589E06A5ADACA6628752DA0948.qscstrfrnt02?categoryId=8 For the only the best trail tested gear you can buy.

[​IMG]

Thanks guys for looking and thanks to the administrators for helping me get the word out! Bob
  4. Rockgarden Bob

Oddometer:
    Well 350 inmates have looked at this thread since yesterday

and we have no response, I'm a little disappointed, so for the next guy to post on this thread I'm offering a FREE entry to the

2013 Wildwood 400. If you've ridden the Sheetiron which is a very popular ride here in Northern CA. and liked it, You'll love

the Wildwood 400 I guarantee it or your money back, Oh wait a minute it's a free offer. How about I'll buy you beer at the

Eel River Brewery. No wonder I'm not making any money at this business.

[​IMG]
  5. Kali Trailrider

Kali Trailrider PLATED X2

Oddometer:
    I am in!!
    Can't beat the price and would be a perfect time to head up north
    Road trip!!
    Although I will mostly likely bring a paying riding buddy.

I am already registered on your site and have been following your rides this year.
    Long way to drive. But you pushed me off the fence!
    Was considering the Red Mountain 350 this year 2012 maybe 2013

Plated 450 XC-W so put me down for the DS ride.
  6. HAPPYTRAILSINC

HAPPYTRAILSINC single track rider

Oddometer:
    ok then, where is these events staging from!
    being from so cal i dont know where these places are
    BUT looks like some fun challenging stuff right up our alley:clap
  7. Kali Trailrider

Oddometer:
    Looks like about a 10 hour drive from So Cal.
    Northwest of Chico.

The Red Mountain 350 is the ride to look at.
    Would be a great way to beat the heat of August in So Cal.
    I think MX Bundy did it last year.
    Paging Bundy... :ear

How was is it???
  8. Rockgarden Bob

Oddometer:
    Kali Trailrider, Great to have you on the ride, I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to take that bait .If you'd rather ride the Red Mountain 350 instead of the

Wildwood 400, no problem, It's a much more dirt oriented ride. I'll be posting more info on that ride soon. Anyway email me your info, Name, Address, Phone, Etc
    bob@ironmandualsport.com Below is just a litle of what you might find on this years rides. Look forward to hearing from you Kali Trailrider and Thanks Again, Bob

http://www.ironmandualsport.com

[​IMG] [​IMG]

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4DmIaWacWMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  9. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Looks like some fun rides for sure. Quite a hike from SoCal though.
  10. scorpion

scorpion Two arm bandit

Oddometer:
    Not too far from me, I definitely want to check out those ride areas in summer.
    Toss in some sweet mendo and ya got a deal :jose
  11. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Red Mountain 350 free pass?:y0!I'll bring friends...
  12. HAPPYTRAILSINC

HAPPYTRAILSINC single track rider

Oddometer:

dammit jerry, you beat me this time by 3 minutes!
    looks like some fun rides!
    wanna carpool:lol3:lol3:lol3
  13. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Now that could get interesting...
  14. Rockgarden Bob

Oddometer:
    Scorpian, don't know much about mendo. But I do several rides that stage close to Reno. Particularly the Boomtown Rally, Setpember 28th and 29th. It has what I

can best describe as " Treacherous " single track for the "A" loop. Hope to see you there!

[​IMG]
  15. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah! That looks like the GOOD STUFF!

ROAD TRIP!
  16. Kali Trailrider

Oddometer:
    Thanks RG Bob!!

I am stoked. I think I will go for the RM350 ride.
    But let me give it a little thought. And I will email you.
    The cool thing is I can put it on the calender and save the date.
    Maybe we can get a So Cal group to make a showing.

I got lucky on this one!!

Hope some other So Cal locals can make it.

Scott maybe I can buy you a beer.

Ride On!!
  17. Kali Trailrider

Oddometer:
    I just watched the video. :clap

That looks almost too good to be true.

RM350 is the ride for me.

Thanks again

I will just have to plan vacation around that ride.
    The wife and kids will be stoked too.
    Seems like the perfect time to vist Lake Tahoe. :evil
  18. Rockgarden Bob

Oddometer:
    Just thought I'd take a minute here to put in a plug for my online store, http://shop.ironmandualsport.com/category.sc;jsessionid=76F490589E06A5ADACA6628752DA0948.qscstrfrnt02?categoryId=8 There are a few products that most of the inmates here already know of and really stand out as the best you can buy.

First Seat Concepts. I ride over 10,000 miles a year in the dirt and even though I'm pretty much a stand up rider a good seat has become more than a little important. Seat Concepts offer new foam and seat covers for your stock or EE pan and now you can also get complete seats. Well I know there's a long thread about this in the Vendor's section so I won't go into much detail. What I will say is I've got two seats for my KTM 525 exc a Renazco Racing and a Seat Concepts seat, the Renazco live on the shelf colecting dust, the Seat Concepts works so well in any conditions sitting or standing, sliding up on the tank, you name it, comfort when you need it not in the way when the pace quickens. There on all my bikes, a fantastic product and value. you find out more here, http://shop.ironmandualsport.com/category.sc?categoryId=193

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Another thing I just recently found are the best Skid Plates I have ever had on any Bike. Scorpian Racing ( soon to become Emperor Racing ) These skid plates are Made in Canada and for anyone who needs serious protection for the bike you just can't do any better. More info here, http://shop.ironmandualsport.com/category.sc?categoryId=191

[​IMG] [​IMG]

One more thing and I know there's also a huge thread on this in the vendors section. As you know most Ride promoters and Clubs are going to all GPS tracks for there rides. I won't argue the positive and negatives between roll charts and GPS but the fact is a GPS unit can be an expensive piece of equipment that needs to be protected. All my rides are navigated by GPS tracks and I have about a dozen Garmin 60csx units available as rentals on my rides. That's a big investment and I can absolutely guarantee there is no better way to protect that investment than Stovebolt's Buzz Bomb Cradles. My thanks Dave for allowing me to offer such a great product in my store. http://shop.ironmandualsport.com/category.sc?categoryId=126

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Well so that's all for trying to make a buck in my Gear and Parts Store, Next post more about the rides!! I promise.
    And thanks for taking a look at this stuff. Bob
  19. dzrtracin

dzrtracin возьми

Oddometer:
    We can rent a 10 person van, carry 6 guys with gear & pull an accomadating trailer for the bikes. We can make it an ADV family trip:freaky really no joke:D

RIDE ON!
  20. Rockgarden Bob

Oddometer:
    I like the way you think, dzrtracin!!!

Emigrant Trails Ride, July 26, 27, 28, 29. Four day ride, Northern CA. Nevada, Southern Oregon 700 mile loop. 12 rider limit. more about this later. Thanks Bob

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]