31st? annual Starbuck Chilidog Festival 3-30-13

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Idarider, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    The Starbuck Chilidog Festival is to be on Saturday the 28th of March with Chilidogs ready at 12:30 P.M. in the park. The park in Starbuck in at the intersection of Tucannon Street and Kellog Hollow Road.

Really bad weather may cancel. If no one else shows up I will have to take home all the german sausages and eat them .

Link to a previous event

I will post more details as I find out if there is any interest this year and if the weather will cooperate.

This year in addition to commercial weenies I will have home made cherry wood smoked German sausages my brother just finished ( frozen now). I will have my grill again and the chili will be Stagg (no beans) again.

I had to make sure they would be OK so below is the sample I had last night mmmmmmmmmm.
    I will have to remember tp pop open the Cougar Gold so we can sprinkle some on.

[​IMG]

Last time everyone brought thier own drinks and something to add in if they wanted to. We will be at a park with at least some seating, I will be bringing a chair for myself.

If the weather doesn't cooperate for the 30th of March I will either change the date or eat the sausages myself:clap.
  2. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    If anyone wants to throw out a chilidog challenge you are welcome, bring it on. The German/Stagg/Cougar Gold/ Sauerkraut combo will be hard to beat:clap

A few months ago my boss was saying that he made the best ribs, so I slapped him with my glove and told him he was challenged to a rib cook off. I won a very close contest and the 10 judges who showed up were very happy too:D.
  3. mrmagoolin

mrmagoolin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was hoping that you would do this again. Unfortunately I have a commitment that evening, that would not let us attend.
  4. hayshaker

hayshaker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll ride in again. :clap

TONY
  5. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    Enough people for a parade now :D .

I was hoping and looking forward to magoolins participation :cry
  6. sorebutt

sorebutt Long timer

Oddometer:
    How can I turn down a chilidog.:freaky

Let me know if you need me to haul some things.
  7. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    I have done this several times and the little Sunbeam grill fits just fine.
  8. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    Rats, I wanted to be a judge too but I have to work that day and I am not quite fit to try digging out the big beast yet.

Looking forward to the report...
  9. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:
    Hi, I am a cardiologist, can I help?

Well, I did stay at a Holiday Inn...................:D
  10. dhally

dhally Hammerhead

Oddometer:
    I may have to come over. Those dogs look good. The Wee needs a new battery and then some exercise!
  11. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    You know where I live, we can sit in my back yard later this year and judge some with beer.
  12. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:

Since they are made with decent cuts of beef and pork, these are relatively healthy.
    Phil, I could stuff one of the skins ( not a meat product) with maple buds and smoke those for you ?:D Might actually be good.
    Lots of dandelion greens around here, come on over and graze a little:lol3

Hi dhally welcome ! The shortcut fom Waitsburg over the top is fun and you come out of the Kellog Hollow road right at the covered table we did it at last time.

With the local guys who don't post on advrider, we are at about 7 people so far
  13. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:
    Well I just might come over ta visit! Can you PM or email me directions for this "over the top" route? Should I plan on spending the night camping or out and back? End of March may be possible since our temps are up [relative term] and snow is down....thanks!
  14. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:

You are welcome to " camp" at my house. Either in the 650X room in the basement or upstairs, or you can "rough " it in the man cave in the shop( Fishermans room) or in the camper.

If you really want to camp Hellsgate is a good place.

The over the top route I was talking about is from Waitsburg if you are coming form the west and starts there just to the west of Waitsburg. North on Main street then left on Bolles road at the edge of town for about a half mile then right on Medken Road that eventually leads to MCaky Alto road and then to Kellog Hollow road and into Starbuck. Simple:lol3 several intersections to get lost on the way without GPS.
  15. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:

You know I do not enjoy riding on pavement...so if the snow is gone and I can pick my way over on what might pass for dirt...I will give it a shot...I assume your are referring to your place in Lewy Town?

Oh yes, what is this "GPS" of which you speak? :brow
  16. dhally

dhally Hammerhead

Oddometer:
    Well the new battery is all charged up. I'm promoting this ride to a couple of work buddies, one rides a classic r800 and my boss has a shiny rt.
  17. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:

Last time we had ten show up so I will have enough for 20+ this time. We are not close to that yet.

If Wallowa shows up I will try to get him to bring a vegan something, Maybe restlessrider would come by then. Maybe try to make it all the way across Lower Granite Dam this time:huh, not stop to inspect the railroad tracks:muutt.
  18. RestlessRider

RestlessRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would be interested if there are options for vegans. I drove over the Lower Granite dam today to Starbuck, Little Goose dam, Palouse falls and back. The tracks are looking good at Lower Granite dam.:rofl. I met the officer who helped me the last time and he recognized me. I am quite famous down there:lol3. I could not cross Little Goose dam since its open only from Mon to Thursday.
  19. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    :lol3:rofl:evil:D
    Glad you were able to get through there, every time I go by cottonwood creek on Hwy 12 I go over my spill.

See what Wallowa has to say about veggies or let me know what works for you and I can see if I can include it.
  20. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:
    Grill beans and graze watershed:1drink...if a person wants to not eat animal products...it is simple...eat everything else...let me think on what advice I can give Roy...but honestly, if I can make it to Starbuck, I don't expect Roy to cater me...I have that covered..:brow

And hey, I am also very good at falling over and giving my bike a rest....