Now im wary of Three Brothers Ktm in Costa Mesa/Newport CA

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by davidb21, Dec 20, 2012.

1. davidb21

davidb21 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So my buddy dropped off his 2012 ktm 690 to three brothers ktm dealership in costa mesa/newport about a week ago for an oil change and new tires ( told him to do that himself, id help for free if he needed, but i guess the stealership set him straight haha)...my friend supplied the oil and filters needed for his bike (2 quarts of motorex and the 2 filters needed for the oil change) so he paid for the tires/time to get those on and time for the oil change

He picks up the bike today, gets home, and notices that yes he has some new tires, but his oil is completely black...we started the bike and let it idle, trned it off and let it settle,tipped it as far as possible on both sides giving the dealer the benefit of the doubt that maybe some oil that didnt get out made the window seem darker than it was...but no the oil is as black as can be and obviously wasnt changed.

He called the dealer, they said it was impossible that it wasnt changed and offered to do nothing about it...hes going in tomorrow morning and i'll update accordingly.

This whole thing just makes my head spin, i get better treatment and service at my local yamaha dealerships...i thought when you buy expensive european the customer service was supposed to increase likewise
  2. AC Swank

AC Swank Banned

Oddometer:

KTM is Austrian, but you're right, the shop in Costa Mesa is run by idiots.
    Your friend should have listened to you and changed the oil himself, and buying tires and having them mounted can be done by any shop, it does not need to be a KTM shop.
  3. davidb21

davidb21 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well little update, they are still swearing they changed the oil, and that "crud" build up is making the new oil look black...but any time i or my friend have done oil the new stuff always looks nice and golden clear in the window, no matter how hard or how many miles were put on the last oil.

My friend seems to not care anymore and i think he's going to do it himself from now own...so lesson learned i guess haha.
  4. baloneyskin daddy

baloneyskin daddy bikaholic Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Before he announced his arrival at the store he should have looked for his oil on a shelf somwhere in the shop.
  5. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer:
    How much "Crud" could be built up in the engine of a 2012 690?

Dealer's F.O.S. Contact KTM and tell them about it. Shit dealers need to be blown in or others will get screwed as well.
  6. Idle

Idle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Austria is in Europe, it's a European bike.

Anyway, I'd tell him to lay it on it's side and pull the plug out to get a sample. If there's metal on the plug take it and the oil sample to the shop and get your money back and two filters and two liters of gold.

If they don't own up I'd take it up with KTM in Indiana or Iowa or wherever corporate is. That's disgusting customer service.
  7. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are the filters on it the ones that he supplied? ie are they new?
  8. fast4d

fast4d Long timer

Oddometer:
    other than erics there is no dealer I would trust working on my ktm. I think there is an independent out in corona that got great reviews.
  9. lhendrik

lhendrik Putins Puppet

Oddometer:
    I always thought Austria was in Australia ! Who Knew? This thread is about as bright as that. Who brings their own oil and filters to a dealership for installation? He's lucky they didn't piss in the gas tank, or is that only in Europe?
  10. Cdub!

Cdub! Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When I had my 640 adventure the bike went from San Diego to all American ktm in Ramona cause the ktm dealer 2 miles away consisted of idiots.

Good luck.
  11. davidb21

davidb21 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Your post is about as bright as that sheep you have as your avatar...in my OP I made a remark about European customer service, someone somewhat wrongfully corrected me by stating KTM is Austrian, and "Idle" corrected him by stating that Austria is indeed a European country.

Ktm owners apparently bring their own oil and filters as that is what the dealership requested when he called beforehand...This thread might be useful for locals who might use or think of using this shop to service their bikes.