Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Dirtmonkey8

Dirtmonkey8 VA is for Riders

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the updates. I want to visit him this week or next if I can get a day off. Please let me know if I can help you with anything.
  2. fahrenheit

fahrenheit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    2 needed with 5 hours left. I think I am going to be optimistic and call it as good as done at this point.:clap

Will anyone be meeting before or after for food?

Edit: And we're good!
  3. mattgoff

mattgoff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Last two tickets are sold! See you all there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Excellent! Eddy, looks like I owe you $11.00. :lol3

Question tho'; since they've reached their 100 ticket goal, does anyone know if they'll be selling additional tickets at the box office on the day of the showing?

My daughter being in town that day is questionable, but if she is and wants to go, will she be able to get a ticket?

5. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Guy, the webpage for tickets says that there are only 210 tickets total available. So there are around 100 tickets left for sale. I'm guessing you could wait until next weekend, and just keep track of how many are left by visiting the webpage for the movie.

BTW, someone pointed out that the DVD for this movie goes on sale on Amazon on 5 Dec. The DVD is $23.

So why is the "premier" on the 8th? I feel a little hoodwinked now, but it should be a fun gathering.

jeff
  6. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Super Lurker

Oddometer:
    :eek1 Me too. At least it is on DvD and no BluRay.

Did you see on Amazon there are two reviews. :huh

Is it sold out ye?. Work blocvks the theaters.

7. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^^^Thanks for that tidbit...we're 32 away from a showing and only 4 hours left...
  8. biker128pedal

Oddometer:
    So if it does not show I can use the money to buy a copy. WOnder when Blu-ray will come out. My luck it wold be the new HD. :lol3
  9. biker128pedal

Oddometer:
    Hey I think I have extra tickets. I clicked the submit button twice. Maybe it will sell out and I can make some money. :D
  10. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ya'll may make it. I wouldn't have given it a snow ball's chance in hell of reaching the goal yesterday, but some Daddy Warbucks musta stepped up and bought a $hitload of tickets JIT.

11. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    We will be watching it on DVD at home. I rushed out to buy tickets for us and then later found out that my wife had volunteered me and my truck to pull the Girl Scout float in the Chester parade. I have sold all of my tickets to Guy and Doug. I would be willing to offer my place for a DVD showing at a later date.

:ear Also, I have to be in Roanoke on Saturday, Dec 14th. I am contemplating leaving work early (or trying to take the whole day off) on Friday the 13th and riding west until dark then stopping to camp/cabin/hotel and then riding all morning/afternoon on Saturday. I need to be in Roanoke by 3:30 PM. Would anybody want to come along? I am taking the GS and am willing to do DS or street only. I will keep my eye on the weather. I am fine with clear/cold weather, I just don't want to ride if there is a chance of snow accumulation on the roads.
  12. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    Movies .... wish I could go with you guys. I miss not having to work weekends.

But........
    I have four days off. The weather is looking great. Anyone interested in a ride this week, maybe even with an overnight? Just throwing it out there. I have a new hammock I need to try out.

Lucky day .... when I bought my new hammock from Jacks-R-Better they entered me into a raffle. Today they called and said I won $300. Early Christmas present I guess.

Ya'll have fun at the movies. If anyone is interested in an overnight let me know.
  13. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    yep, Chester Kiwanis Christmas parade is what knocked me out of the movie. Daughter and nephew are in it plus friends and neighbors.

Glad to hear it's on DVD anyway. movie night! :deal
  14. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    104 sold; 106 left as of a few minutes ago.

I don't feel hoodwinked, but this has got to be the craziest marketing scheme I've ever seen. Hell, I don't even own On Any Sunday, so doubt that I'll buy this one. Really hope it's all its cracked up to be...... like I need a movie to tell me why I ride. :lol3

15. btblueskies

btblueskies BTBlueSkies

Oddometer:
    This reminds me of skydiving... shooting video of ourselves all day and then watching it at night.. lol. I'd love to see the movie in the theater but it's not a free sunday for me. I am glad it's going to be on DVD. Maybe even netflix :)
  16. Dirtmonkey8

Dirtmonkey8 VA is for Riders

Oddometer:
    I thought hammocks were not quite warm enough for winter camping and that it would take a ridiculous amount of insulation to keep you warm enough to stay asleep. If you have room you may want to bring a tent as a back up. I think Andrew said he has used the hammock into the 20's though.. I wish i could go with you or Eddy, but my riding is slim,, sporadic and spontaneous these days. I got a few hours in over the weekend. Bailey road in New Kent was a sloppy mess on Saturday. With slick stock tires the rutted clay was fun to squirm around on. I put some Hippo Hands on the beast and love them. Not cute, but man is it cozy in there with heated grips and summer gloves.
  17. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Still might be in jeopardy.

Looks like someone turned in a ticket. Count is now 103 sold.

18. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jacks-R-Better makes a down "Underquilt" called the Mt Washington 4 that is rated down to 0 degree's. I haven't tried it yet so I can't say if its true or not but Im willing to give it a try. Here is the link.

http://www.jacksrbetter.com/shop/mt-washington-4/
  19. burtonrider3889

burtonrider3889 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Definitely a scan, but I did see a bike that looked exactly like that on Hull Street a month or so ago in the back of a pick up. Numbers and all.
  20. CycleDoc59

CycleDoc59 Wrench Rider

Oddometer:
    When you are in a down filled-bag, the bottom mashes flat, and
    provides virtually no bottom warmth . Which is why a mattress of
    foam or something is necessary. Also, I would not buy anything
    with down fill without knowing quality of the fill (800, 650,
    whatever, and the weight of the fill..) Statements about
    temperature ratings mean little... I'm a cold sleeper and
    have been stuck with "highly rated" bags a couple of times.