The All New LIQUID COOLED R1200GS threadfest

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Dorsicano, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Big Daddy D

Big Daddy D Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't think this rendering, posted by BG is too far off...
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17609986&postcount=1056

When you look at the "spy" pics, you see the pointy thingy near the forks. It looks like there's some kind of shroud just placed over the original plastic bodywork. :huh

True, some other details don't fit with the spypics, like the timing belt cover or the non-branded brake calipers... but still.

With regards to the radiators, in pic #3 of Bernard :deal posted bij GB earlier (http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17598203&postcount=995) it looks like you can see a radiator just under the shroud and when looking in the exit hole :eek1

There you can also see how the camouflage doesn't fit well.

With regards to what DasMatti said, i think it would very well be possible that the new GS will be presented at the Imot in Munich. They have done it before. And when the new Yam S10 came out they suddenly were in a hurry to complete the thing, but then backed off again. But with the new Triumph Tiger Explorer on the way.... who knows, that thing is a real threat!

Just my .02 :freaky
  2. McFuryMcNugget

McFuryMcNugget me specie in dea ist

Oddometer:
  3. tallguy-09

tallguy-09 Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer:
  4. McFuryMcNugget

Oddometer:
    im only ready to pay for hardware that works.:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3

: ) if you where putting your company in the spotlight SIR.
    We have the Info now Thank you.:freaky

McFury.

Replay patent pending *124323115/3453-12

If qoute to be used send PM.

pssst again.

Bernhard i thought the MOTHERSHIP did like to have a forum dedicated to the Brand BMW and 80% of the typing done here are done by fans of this great Label.
    I think you should turn the question around and ask your selfs should you not be helping us rater then pull a stunt like this ? Copyright ? The pictures need to be stamp to have a copyright as far as i know.

You know my name.

McFury.
  5. dmac57

dmac57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    First, thanks for the pix, Bernhard.

But...

I'm kinda with McFury on this. If you've taken what can loosely be described as "spy" pics, or perhaps even "semi-official leaks," you can't be surprised if they end up "viral" in the circles of interest they're aimed at. That would seem to be the point of putting them out there.

But, I don't want to kick up too much of a fuss on this end, because we want MORE!
  6. grpweld

grpweld Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    With the intake on top it provides for the use of a single throttle body & that would be great. No more syncing!:clap
    Just a thought:norton
  7. Jan from Finland

Jan from Finland Long timer

Oddometer:
    My guess is that now cylinders are around the center of gravity. Concentrating all mass around the COG makes the bike feel lighter and easer to roll side to side. Having lower COG makes the bike more stable, but concentrating all mass makes it easer to correct when you make mistakes.

It must be the angle. For me it looks like the leg has a way more room. I hope.

True, I would be amazed if it weights even the same as the current models. But that's why they had the HP2. Very few owners actually ride it off-road. This forum just makes it look like that.

I am still waiting for 2WD version...
  8. Curvesurfer

Curvesurfer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't think BMW had much of a choice. Tightening emissions standards are supposedly harder to meet without water cooling. Like it or not, these bikes mostly get ridden on pavement and the current or forthcoming crop of competition from Triumph, Ducati and KTM boast much more power than the GS.

BMW still offers a shaft drive, ruggedness, boxer engine, unique suspension design and a large aftermarket. The new Triumph in particular would certainly erode sales without a response from BMW.
  9. Gruesome

Gruesome Alter Heizer

Oddometer:
    No they don't. I think it's very nice of Bernhard that he didn't send a takedown notice to the owners of this message board, and there's really no need to taunt him.
    If I understand it correctly, there's quite an industry (and money) surrounding 'Erlkoenig' pictures; he might be making his living that way.
    But once the rights are sold, extra publicity probably can't hurt.

Anyways, those are very nice pics. Most people here would be extremely interested in seeing some of the other 100 or so pics that no doubt were taken and that are maybe not quite as perfect. We are not as picky as the 'Das Motorrad' editors...
  10. McFuryMcNugget

Oddometer:
    Im not a speciallist just a Person.

On the copyright i have found this.

The picture needs to have a Date. Watermark or Other ID.

Take a look.
    http://www.weddingphotographydirect...onal-articles/photo-copyright-protection.aspx

McFury.

This is only used for companys or pros.

But a Person who has pictures in his computer from his privat collection needs no Mark And they are copyright protected.Unless they have a webpage like FLICKR.

ps.
    Just a Hunch But im thinking my buddy Bernhard who looks to be a great photo Pro might have inside ties to Many large Companys incl BMW since he is having these photo shots with them.
    So Bernhard please share some more Photos.
    ( with the globe full of camera phones and other photo gadgets i find it hard to think no one has found any pictures of this new baby ? )
    To me it looks like BMW has been everywhere with this bike ?

My 2 cents.
    McFury
  11. Dorsicano

Dorsicano Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don't think that Bernhard, if he really is the author of the pictures, will be sharing any more pix or any info for that matter. After all, he probably makes money out of selling the spy shots to the likes of Motorrad magazine.

He could be working for BMW for all we know (DasMatti, on man in München, please do confirm :evil ), the pictures could have been staged to keep the momentum going in the forums or fora, for those who didn't fail latin.

Bernhard - in his very fist message - simply stated that the pictures are copyrighted, without further proof. He was actually quite polite, not asking for blackout, but rather for recognition. He is aware that the moment the pictures are posted in the web and go viral, it's virtually impossible to un-spread the disease. The pictures are however not posted on Bernhard's webpage. If any, the pictures belong to Motorrad magazine, where they were published.

100% recognition granted to Bernhard as far as I am concerned, until someone else shows up claiming he shot the pictures. They were apparently taken in the Canary Islands. A local BMW enthusiast out there or some guy who was collecting mushrooms and happened to carry a camera could have been the author of the spy shots, for all I know. I don't really care who took the pictures, I'm just glad they came to light.
  12. McFuryMcNugget

Oddometer:
    I have a treat for my G-Spot Buddies.
    Since we all cant be in Iceland over the new Year i will bring the new year to you from the far North.
    We go craZY over the new year. So the GMT time for Iceland is GMT 0.
    And to see the fest you need to log into a webcam.
    Its free and i garante a blast of fireworks.

So please enjoy the biggest firework show in the world.

The sweetspots are the link and 1 other AKUREYRI ENJOY.

Happy New Year Boys and Girls from Iceland

Your Buddy on Ice.
    McFury.

The link
    http://eldgos.mila.is/newyears/

Attached Files:

13. g_e_young

g_e_young Born to ride

Oddometer:
    Not sure we can rely on the marketing dept to always give us the straight story, if you get my drift...

g-
  14. Deans BMW

Deans BMW Granpa Hoon

Oddometer:
    True that.
  15. tallguy-09

tallguy-09 Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer:
    I can't see anything LC, I mean where is all that water stuff?
    The engine looks pretty good to me, no water hoses and so on, it looks just like an air cooled engine.
    I think I like the exhaust color better than on the 1200GS.

[​IMG]
    Picture courtesy of "Das Motorrad"
  16. NorwegianRider

NorwegianRider Ride the World

Oddometer:
    The color on the exhaust pipe depends on the material the pipe is made of and the temperature it has reached during driving. The water runs through channels in the engine block so that’s why you can’t see any unnecessary hoses.
  17. NoVa Rider

NoVa Rider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pucks aren't scuffed. . .. But I do like the track boots. :lol3
  18. tallguy-09

tallguy-09 Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer:
    I looked again, I think those are water hoses:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pictures courtesy of "MOTORRAD"
  19. McFuryMcNugget

Oddometer:
    Every Ship Has a load line / Every truck has a load limit./Every item made has a limit.

Does this translate to performence NO.

Performing is the factor for weight distribution and Power to weight ratio.

When i look at the new BMW the weight has been set higher by the cylinders/ My thoughts new Gear box/ in the box
    But if you can judge a bike by a photo the mass weight does not go over the overall Tire height. if you draw a line axel to axel.
    What im thinking now we might have a top of the line track bike with perfect weight all mid way high under axel and not over tire height.

The rake and trail factor i can not measure so im sending a picture and i hope some one can tell us the trail rating.

I dont have a draw program near me.
    If some one can do the math please help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_and_motorcycle_geometry

McFury.

Attached Files:

20. NorwegianRider

NorwegianRider Ride the World

Oddometer:
    Yea that can look like the hoses from and to the radiator.