MidTN@LBL.ride May 3-5, 2013

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by sandalscout, Feb 1, 2013.

1. drm

drm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I made it home and just pulled into the garage. I'll unpack later.
    The riding was great but I think the company was even better.
  2. Magic_Mike

Magic_Mike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Home and fell asleep on the couch unintentionally. Just woke up. Post more and pics I took in a few hours when I tackle some of this mess.

Also: Toni (y?) sent me a text while I was sleeping too :wink:
  3. Hayniac

Hayniac n00b

Oddometer:
    I have to say that was one of the most official unofficial events Ive ever been to. And definitely the best trophies ever handed out at any event......ever! PsychoChem you might have your hands full there buddy.

Amazing weekend all around!!!!! I just want to personally say thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome. Felt like I had known you guys forever. Cant wait for the next one!!!
  4. Wallachian Spikes

Wallachian Spikes Long timer

Oddometer:
    Somewhere between the sacred silence & sleep
    Just got home safe & unpacked. Gonna wash Godzilla tomorrow. Had a blast & looking forward to the next ride with all youse guys. I'll start posting video on youtube tomorrow (got a full 32 GB card) as well. Thanx everyone for a great time!
  5. Hayniac

Hayniac n00b

Oddometer:
    Very excited too see the videos!
  6. KentuckyKLR

KentuckyKLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have to say that was officially the most unofficial fun I've had in a while. Thanks to everyone who had a hand in putting everything together. It was great to meet everyone, and I can't wait to do it again. Here's a few pics from the weekend to hold everyone over till the good stuff arrives.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Future slow race champion:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. drm

drm Been here awhile

Oddometer:

You need to fix your sig too Magic Mike :rofl
  8. Magic_Mike

Oddometer:
    http://imgur.com/a/xUljP <- Link to album with pics I took. Make sure to check out that amazing trophy Jeff made! Really shocked at the quality of these gag awards!

Once again, just want to say thanks to everyone for the great weekend, especially those who put it together!

And to Lisa:
    [​IMG]
  9. ride2little

ride2little Riding Like the Wind

Oddometer:
    Looks like a great ride/time! Looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing the (uh-uhm...) stories...
  10. TroyJ650

TroyJ650 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry dude, Happy set the rules, what happens at Energy Lake, stays at Energy Lake....... UNLESS it is about Magic Mike, Prince of Willow Pond. :velvt
  11. Magic_Mike

Oddometer:
    Yeah Prince of Willow Pond for now....just wait a few weeks and we'll have to go find somewhere else to eat....then I'll get us shunned from there too.....:evil....any cuties at the dairy dip or BBQ joint?
  12. Kev95GS

Kev95GS goob

Oddometer:
    Had a blast! :clap

Nice ride home down the Lake Rd on the SW side, then down 232. (I think the Lake Rd was the best)

Pulled the gear off the bike & left it on the floor of the garage. :lol3

Great time, great folks, great place to ride. Can't wait to do it again.
  13. HappyCRNA

HappyCRNA Athletic Supporter

Oddometer:

Ahem.....Bullsh...
    (no offroad riding? since when do we pave with mud?!)

:hide
  14. HappyCRNA

Oddometer:
    Guys, it was a truly awesome weekend...you're a great bunch!

MagicMike...I'll be your wing woman, just holler!
  15. HappyCRNA

Oddometer:

^ This!
    +1
  16. 2fast4u

2fast4u What the hell!

Oddometer:
    Did anybody sleep good last night? I had to make myself stay up until 8:00 .

Glad everyone had a good time and thanks for the great breakfast.

Hope to do it again soon.
  17. drm

drm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :rofl

Hey Troy, here's a link to the mirrors I have...

I did not see them as a seperate item, but I'm sure they will work with you. They were ~$25 each when I bought the bar guards.

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/

[​IMG]
  18. Wallachian Spikes

Wallachian Spikes Long timer

Oddometer:
    Somewhere between the sacred silence & sleep
    I've got over 4 hours of video but, my wind screen makes my lines blurry. :cry I had intended to post the entire thing on youtube but, now I'll probably just post a few highlight videos. The chest mount works great on my KTM but, the KLRs wind screen sticks up too high for it. My neck has been killing me lately so I don't want to use the helmet mount with the extra weight & wind drag going right to my neck.

I'm uploading a video as I write this but, it takes around 2 hours for videos to upload on youtube. I don't know how to post a video directly from my computer to ADVrider but, I will post the link ASAP.

Here is a musical tribute to PsychoChem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDwKuYWVMvo :D
  19. bwbeck

bwbeck Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hate that I didnt finish the weekend riding with everyone. It looks like we missed several great sites. What road was the house picture taken on?

We are going to head up to LBL again in a couple of weeks when the weather is a little better.

Again It was great getting to meet everyone.
  20. sandalscout

sandalscout blah blah blah

Oddometer:
    Haven't had much chance to get online, trying to recover from missing work Friday still. I was literally doing work in between loading the bike on Thursday night/Friday morning, and shut the computer down less than 10 minutes before Troy rolled into the driveway to take off.

I had a great weekend, glad that everyone else did. Got to ride some incredible areas, hang out with some awesome folks. Thanks to everyone that attended, shared items, cooked, etc, etc, etc. Made for a very memorable weekend, can't wait to get out and do it again!

Sorry for heading out so early yesterday, had dinner plans that kinked up the weekend a little bit, next time I won't let that happen. Wallachian Spikes, I hope you didn't have to sit around by yourself for very long!

I pulled the bike into the garage, unrolled one pannier and grabbed my toothbrush, and the bike is still loaded up otherwise. Tonight I get to unpack and wash it, tomorrow I get to fix all of the stuff that is wrong with it now! hahaha (brake light switches are both acting up, something is squeaking at 35mph, and my right turn signals stopped flashing about halfway home... I think that the bulb housing corroded due to all of the water).

Thanks everyone!