Oz/Kiwi Tenere ADV riders sign in here please.

Discussion in 'Australia' started by JCG, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Kempseyboy

Kempseyboy n00b

Oddometer:
    Rockhampton, Central Queensland, Australia
    Hey all, well I've got a replacement rear shock lined up, good price, wondering what else needs replacing, rubber mounts? etc and does anyone know of a place I can find how to swap shocks easily. Cheers all round, life in Tropics warm and easy.:clap
  2. damo2010

damo2010 damo

Oddometer:
    So, good price hey, do tell. It's been some time since last post.

I had D&R motorcycles at Roma do an entire rear end rebuild when I had my shock rebuilt.
    Trick is that the original bearing kit is very $$$. The XT600 kit is well price but one bush is wrong length, meaning you need to order one orig bush. If you want to retain old parts, just check how much free play you have in swing arm and up and down with shock installed. It might be ok if your not expecting to much from it. I did two week rally and have much more planned for my 10ray
  3. squarebore

squarebore S10

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Cheers
  4. Jono660

Jono660 Yamafied

Oddometer:
    Well I just got me a 83' XT600z Tenere. Swapped for a KTM basket case I had in the shed. Pretty stoked.:D:D Goes well with the 96' 660 and 90 '750. It's a runner too, but......................................it has a 49L engine in it.:eek1 For the price I'm not too concerned but if I could get my hands on a 34L engine:clap............well let me know. Cheers.
  5. 3legs

3legs Real men ride sidecars Supporter

Oddometer:
    G'day.

I need some help please. I need from someone who owns a 1983 xt600 tenere to measure the distance between the top of the lowest part of the seat to the top of the footpeg (basically where you sit). Doesn't have to be exact but close will do.

Cheers

3legs.
  6. Steenmachine

Steenmachine n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi my names Steen, I'm from the hills outer east of Melbourne. Recently bought a 96 xtz660 with 25k on the clock. Haven't been on a bike for 10 years so just getting the hang of it again. It's got a full custom exhaust but it's so damn loud it hurts my brain after a while. It came with a brand new stain tune muffler but it won't fit the custom headers. So wondering where I can get a standard set of headers or the stainless ones I seen around? Cheers!

Attached Files:

7. skusey_83

skusey_83 Skusey_83

Oddometer:
    Hi there Damo,

Just checking out some of your photos.
    Interested what handle bar risers you used and what bar on your tenere. Looking at changing mine. Also did you keep the pivot bearing in the fork tree or remove that too?

Cheers,

Darren

8. 1WD

1WD The Converted

Oddometer:
  9. Itsposs

Itsposs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys here's my baby she needs some love. I paid 3g @ 55000 ks 20150902_212147.jpg 20150902_212218.jpg any way if some one can tell where a one stop shop of parts and accessories that would be great . Also any recommendations for improvement mods or parts upgrades

Attached Files:

10. 1WD

1WD The Converted

Oddometer:
    What sort of stuff are you looking at getting for it? If you want bearings, and stuff wemoto.com.au is pretty good.
    First tip, keep your eyes out for a Staintune pipe.
    Itsposs likes this.
  11. Itsposs

Itsposs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I need new bars and plastics . And I want to organize a new set of boots

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
  12. treads

treads Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    She's pretty much sorted now. Looking forward to heading off to the Adventure Riders Congregation in a week and a bit!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SW-Motech Bash Plate
    SW-Motech Crash Bars
    SW-Motech Centre Stand
    B&B Luggage Plate
    Barrett Pannier Racks
    RadGuard Radiator Guard
    Touratech Raised Mudguard
    Touratech Headlight Protector
    Touratech Sidestand Extender Plate
    Barkbuster Storm Handguards
    Oxford Adventure Heated Grips
    Pivot Pegz
    1" Bar Risers
    Dunlop D606's Front & Rear
    Ultra Heavy Duty Tubes
    Waterproof Dual Cig/USB Sockets
    RAM Tablet Mount
    RAM Phone Mount
    RAM SPOT Mount

I also installed a Screens For Bikes Gloss White Windscreen after taking these photos
    Keygs and Macca2801 like this.
  13. damo2010

damo2010 damo

Oddometer:
    Hi Darren
    Just saw this questions today.
    I have a home made riser with new clamps and pretty stock alloy bars.
    Its all setup to fit a rock stompa damper under the bars and so I can stand up easier for longer.
    When you say pivot, do you mean the rubber mounted handle bar clamps? To which I kept this in place which is golden after a long day when you how much the instruments vibrate

If you need any more info re risers let me know as it was quite a mission.
    Damo
  14. madruss

madruss I'm not disorganied, just flexible

Oddometer:
    Had mine for just over 12 months, purchased with 9500k's from the local dealer. Real happy with it, my boys fitted a power commander, de-rated it from how they liked it to suit a senior rider! Now it runs harder than before but more like a heavier version of a WR450F. Fabricated some wider footpegs from stainless steel along with disposing of that ridiculous muffler (must have come off a Hyundi Getz). Modified the pipe & built a new mount, fitting it to a late model YZ450 silencer with a home made baffle out of some 6mm perforated sheet. Also made my version of XTR front guards. Got sick of the original low front guard choking with mud so I cut the back of a YZ guard for the upper adding 30mm lowering spacers & a customised reversed GSX250 front, to fit as the lower rear. 50mm clearance, so all good now! Baldersleigh 2.jpg
    Keygs and Macca2801 like this.
  15. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Russ, does that high guard stop the turbulence coming up past the fork legs and straight into your head? Only annoying thing about my Z.

Nice bike btw.
  16. madruss

madruss I'm not disorganied, just flexible

Oddometer:
    Wind up into the front is a bit different now Paul, not as bad as it was previously.
    I originally found the worst buffeting was when I was behind B double tauntliners. The wind buffeting coming off them along the Newell Hwy is nearly cyclonic! In short, I avoid the main truck roads as much as possible.
    I think just the design of the tank & the height of the screen has a lot to do with it. Maybe try a taller screen. I've made my seat height position about 50mm higher too, being 192cm & 110kg it helps to keep my legs a bit straighter, so I still have some buffeting but that's to be expected with aerodynamics of a shipping container.

Attached Files:

17. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    You're right about design, seems Yamaha spent years designing a really comfy seat and seconds in the wind tunnel. If I hold my hand over the space behind the instruments the wind is cut dramatically, the F800 has a sorta rotating plastic doohickey in that gap. I can put up with it, not a deal breaker as the rest of the bike suits me perfectly and when I'm up it thru twisties or enjoying a bit of fast gravel I don't notice it but like you point out, boring highways behind trucks you get a lot of thinking time. Like you I'm a bit *cough* larger, and have limited mobility in one knee, the 660 seat height is spot on for me.
  18. Keygs

Keygs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well this thread looks like it's been dead for a while so maybe this will kick things off again.
    Just picked up a 2016 with most of the farkles already done, DNA filter and snorkel removal, Kev mod, and akros, with 5700k's on it.
    Chucked some racks on and moved the luggage over from my 800GSA, threw on a 12v power outlet and she's ready to run.

Attached Files:

Adventurepig and Andrew2 like this.
  19. Keygs

Keygs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My 2016 out and about. IMG_4675.JPG IMG_4667.JPG IMG_4635.JPG
    Suncoaster likes this.
  20. AUS CRUZER

AUS CRUZER Lets Cruz

Oddometer:
    Gday guys and Gals. Just wanted to say gday to you all its great to be back in the ADV community after a big break. Recently got a 2010 Super Tenere and loving the beast. Great made bikes and pull like a trains. Hope to see yas out there some time Any of you guys in Victoria. 20200311_155110.jpg 20200311_155058.jpg
    Keygs, VDG, LivingdeadCamo and 3 others like this.