Breakfast restaurants??????????

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by BigTexasOne, Apr 3, 2010.

1. BigTexasOne

BigTexasOne Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    1 acre of heaven, Springtown, TX. NW of Ft. Worth
    My wife and I owned a breakfast restaurant in Carmel, Ca. back in the 80's, and ever since I've been a breakfast snob, sort of! I just haven't been able to be satisfied with most of the crap that most restaurants put out and call breakfast. What I'm looking for here is recommendations from all y'all for the best breakfast restaurants in the D/FW metromess area. I'm not talking about the most food, or the cheapest price, but the best food!

Help a fellow rider out here.......

btw, the restaurant in Carmel was Katy's Place. It's still there and still one of the top two or three breakfast joints in Ca.
  2. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    we are still in search of great breakfast joints here in AR..we know of a couple good ones, but still seek the BEST breakfast joint...
  3. Jack T.

Jack T. Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A good breakfast restaurant? I've heard of such a critter, but never seen one.

We hit a Perkins for breakfast this morning after Easter sunrise service, and once again I had to ask myself why I bother eating there.

I guess part of *my* problem is that I married the best cook in twenty-seven (27) states, so when I want good food I just let her fix me something!

So consider this a tag, hoping somebody in Oklahoma responds with a *good* place to get breakfast!
  4. Zecatfish

Zecatfish XTique Rider

Oddometer:
    I've got a man that works for me, he use to have a restaurant and he is a restaurant SNOB all the way around. Nothing is never good enough, and he bitches about everything.
  5. exoff-roadgoat

exoff-roadgoat Will ride for food

Oddometer:
    The La Quinta in Euless has a awesome breakfast and free snacks and drinks at night.:freaky I'm a pillow snob and they have good pillows too. Sorry, I know I wasn't much help.:cry
  6. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    He sounds like all three of my ex-wives!
  7. BigTexasOne

BigTexasOne Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    I gotta say....I'm dispapointed, I was expecting a flood of restaurants all over the metromess, small mm 'n pop type joints hidden away, but what? Nothing? There has to be some........
  8. No False Enthusiasm

No False Enthusiasm a quiet adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    1. Go here: www.hruskas-bakery.com/bakery.htm

2. Get a bag full of your choice and coffee.

3. Ride out to a secluded country road.

4. Enjoy the country morning.

Better than any restaurant... :lol3
  9. exoff-roadgoat

Oddometer:
    Texans aren't big into breakfast. I think they like to sleep in and have their beers and BBQ later in the day. Ride south to Ennis, have breakfast downtown and then go check out the bluebonnets. I hear its going to be a banner year.
  10. ghostrider1964

ghostrider1964 Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer:
    Breakfast at my house:deal My wife can cook:evil Homemade buttermilk pancakes, fresh sausage and bacon from the pigs we raise, fresh eggs from our henhouse, wife won't milk a cow though:lol3 Lucky for me she often serves me in bed:evil that service not available to yall:rofl
  11. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  12. exoff-roadgoat

Oddometer:
    Dang, three sweet bikes and a wife that serves breakfast in bed, You are one lucky SOB.:thumb
  13. Aanarchy

Aanarchy Long timer

Oddometer:

This place? http://www.katysplacecarmel.com/

Your first problem is you live in Flower Mound (you must have kids or a job there - so sorry). Any joint will be better when it's in a place called Carmel-by-the-Sea. And looking at the pics on their website made me hungry.

A "good breakfast" down here usually means old fashioned country breakfast. I'm sure you can spend some $$$ and find fancier fare, we generally go for the diners.

An exception is - Cyclone Anaya - really good Mexican restaurant for lunch or dinner, we also hit it for the brunch menu sometimes. Two words, buddy - Lobster Enchiladas. I think the one in Oak Lawn is better than the one up north.

Cafe Brazil - several around town. More interesting food.

John's Cafe - Ross at Greenville (or is it Greenville at Ross?)

Market Center Diner - Harry Hines at Wycliffe. Standard eggs, bacon, HBs, pancakes. Fast, fun, reliable. Eclectic (read: strange) crowd.

The Original Pancake House. A zillion kinds of pancakes, giant omelletes.

Cindy's - (Central Expwy near Royal Lane). NY diner, sort of.

It's hard to find a decent breakfast place with a good Bloody Mary.
  14. c_m_shooter

c_m_shooter Ninja Warrior Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ginger Brown's in Lake Worth
  15. dfwscotty

dfwscotty Long timer

Oddometer:
    Old West Cafe in Denton(just east of Teasley on Dallas Dr.) - family chain....not for the health conscience. Have only tried the one in Denton but they have another in Sanger and one in Grapevine just opened about a month ago.

Ham & Eggs(west of bus 121 on 3040/Round Grove in Lewisville). Another cardiac care family joint. Figure what you and your sig other wants and order one. Pancakes come to the table hanging several inches off all sides of a huge dinner platter. When they ask if you want toast or biscuit choose the biscuit. Then clear half the table. They are about 5 inches tall 5 inches wide and about 6 inches long.

Andrews(407 couple miles west of all the new shopping area in Flower Mound) you probably already know about this one Cali. Lots of riders frequent this spot especially on the weekends. Few of the 2 wheeled Texans bunch meets up here.

Blue Hangar Cafe(NW regional airport) Food is ok but the atmosphere does it. Bike parking out front next to the patio seating. Airplanes will taxi by just feet away. The cafe also sells avgas. Pick a pretty morning and watch the planes come and go. Good rider spot as well.

Mary's Brazos Cafe(On Tintop rd south of W'ford and on the NW side of Lake Granbury. Never have been for breakfast but I have seen posted here and there for a breakfast run destination. Maybe someone else will chime in.....
  16. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    I tend to like being me:lol3

BTW...DOC, NO PICS...I sleep NAKED:eek1
  17. BigTexasOne

BigTexasOne Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Not pictures of YOU, pictures of your wife!!! cheeeeeez, do we have to spell it out for you? Oh, and the pictures are particularly ok if she sleeps in the nude!
  18. CodyY

CodyY ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer:
    My mom's house. She never fails to pull off a killer meal at any hour of the day or night.

The Porch in OldTown Burleson

Our Place on Beach st north of western center in FortWorth

Our Place in Mansfield on Debbie just west of 157

Snooty Pig on 121 & glade is pretty good

I like Cracker Barrel too
  19. jhansen

jhansen Rider Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    the shed over in Edom...get out of the METROMESS. that's where to find good breakfast.
  20. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    Oh thats right, your not from San Francisco:lol3 Hell I don't get to see my wife naked...I am married:rofl