Jackson MS riders?

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by eeore39648, May 30, 2009.

1. backwoodsKLR

backwoodsKLR Ride more, Post Less.

Oddometer:
    I'm gonna miss being able to ride to CSC, hand Wayne my keys, say "Fix it. PM it. etc" and him give me a demo bike to ride the rest of the day. Come back after lunch and it is all done. That is all the service I have needed so far.... I doubt GG will give me a demo or even get a oil change done the same day. But if if I do have major issues, while still under warranty (which is only until November of this year) I'm sure they can handle it! :evil
  2. AGrant

AGrant Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That black and red is the best looking one! Can't wait to test ride one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's not that bad. They took care of my Tenere pronto everytime it's been there. Didn't get a demo ride but hey I will take good work over they anytime. Kerry is my go to guy there.
  4. OTRATT

OTRATT On The Road All The Time

Oddometer:
    Hey Roy, I ran into your WERA buddy Kevin C over in Alabama today.
  5. babarnette

babarnette Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe I need to see it in person but I think I prefer the simpler color schemes of the earlier models.
  6. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:
    My poor, quick cell phone pic doesn't do it justice.
  7. AGrant

AGrant Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I went and looked at it today. It's awesome! I gotta have it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Supahflid

Supahflid Wheelieless Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    That almost looks as good as a KTM. :D
  9. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:
    But can it do a popawheelie? ? ?
  10. aaron2a

aaron2a supermoto hooligan

Oddometer:

Maybe we should go test ride it and see [emoji16]
  11. Olmaler

Olmaler Gettin' Back to Dirt

Oddometer:
    I'm still trying to learn how to popawheelie, so I agree! 😉
  12. aaron2a

aaron2a supermoto hooligan

Oddometer:
    Did my longest one so far a couple days ago. Made it about half to 3/4 of a mile. Started in second gear and it was also the first time I've made it all the way to sixth gear on one wheel.
  13. Switchblade315

Switchblade315 I make people disappear

Oddometer:
    Ok gents. My steed needs a new saddle. I have searched the world wide web over and I can only find two. Seat Concepts , they send you the foam and the cover and you install it. They dish out the seat a little to stop the sliding forward problem my bike has and give you a better foam then stock. $150ish. but this puts me even closer to the pegs. blah. i might could call them and get them to add a little thickness to it tho.

http://www.seatconcepts.com/product...cwid:category=0&mode=product&product=32413422

Option two

Corbin. Now the Corbin seat looks nice, and it actually addresses the passenger seat as well. Stef would like that. Corbin says that their seats have a 1500 mile break in to fit your butt. I find that interesting. But it too lowers the seat height. I don't think I can get them to customise it. it's also $450ish but it looks much much better.

http://www.corbin.com/honda/hcb500x13.shtml

Why am I asking y'all and not the CB500X people? Because y'all do the type ridding that I do, you deal with the Mississippi heat. And I seem to be in a small group of people that dont like the seat on the 500X. I think it's because I'm taller and much lighter then most of the people that own them so I don't sink down into the seat like most.

I'm honestly leaning toward the Corbin because it address the front of the seat and also fixes the problem with the passenger seat as well.

So what say you? Have y'all ever use ether brand on one of your bikes.
  14. Anticyclone

Anticyclone Out

Oddometer:
  15. Switchblade315

Oddometer:
    Well we went out and sat on the bike and it seems that she sits almost perfectly where the dip is on the rear of the Corbin. if I can get them to add half a inch of foam to the front part I think it would be perfect. It sucks that there's nowhere to go sit on one of these.
  16. babarnette

Oddometer:
    Seat concepts will raise the seat height if you ask them to in the notes. I had them raise the height on both my XR650L and my Versys seats. The seat on the XR 650L was much more comfortable than the seat on the Versys however. I'm currently considering ordering a Russell Day Long saddle on the recommendation of DQ. You have to take measurements and take pictures of you sitting on you bike to send to them along with any special instructions you want to add, such as raising seat height. You then send them your seat pan and they build a custom "just for you" seat. It's going to be around $500 for the Versys and that does not include modifications to the passenger portion. You can have the passenger portion modified too but it cost extra.
  17. Switchblade315

Oddometer:

Yeah I have looked at a daylong but as you said the passenger portion needs to be helped as well as it has the same slope toward the front and I'm on a tight budget at this point. The Corbin honestly looks to be almost perfect for where I and Stef sit.

On the ride yesterday I actully took my left hand and stuck it under me to give me something to sit against to see if my butt pain was coming from a constant pull on my skin from the tilt of the seat, and it was very clear that it was.

The FZ didn't do this. I did have some pain on it but it was pressure point pain from my boney butt not having natural padding. But today my skin is sore, I never had this problem on the FZ. When I went out to sit on the 500X today to see where we sit on it so I could compare it to the Corbin, it honestly hurt to sit on the bike. So a two day or more ride would be killer.

I truly don't like the Seat Concepts seat because the cover fits so poorly. It truly looks like the person putting it on didn't know what they where doing. to me this is a design flaw, I have covered seats with just vinyl that look better then their finished product.

But I have never been up close to any of these seats so that's why I asked. I may go back and look at the Daylong again.
  18. babarnette

Oddometer:

When you rode my Versys that was the Seat concepts seat with the extra height. It also included new foam for the passenger portion. The angle and height are much better than the factory seat, which was also too soft, but the seat concepts seat is a little too firm (for me) which causes issues on rides longer than about 150 miles. If you want we can meet up one weekend and you can take the Versys for a spin with Stef and see how you both like it. I know the version for the 500X will be a little different but it should give you both some idea of what to expect from that seat.
  19. tslaw

tslaw aged n00b

Oddometer:
    On my NC700x there are 2 round bumpers that support the front of the seat. On the NC forum folks have placed a plastic puck over the supports to raise the front of the seat slightly. You may want to look at the 500 forum to see if anyone has done that. It would be a cheap fix if you can tolerate your seat otherwise.
  20. Switchblade315

Oddometer:

I did notice that it was firm. But that is better then too soft. There is a 500X in Ar that I could go up and ride. I may just have to make that trip. The only problem i see with it on the 500 is it makes no change to the rear.