Holan Nomada Pro panniers and other parts for the 2013+ R1200GS!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rotaryracer, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Guess who got their hands on the new R1200GS (a.k.a. "der Wasserboxer")? :evil Holan has picked up a brand new 2013 R1200GS and is already hard at work building the prototype Nomada Pro pannier system, as well as many other parts. Watch this space for more info on the upcoming parts line for the newest GS, including:
    • Pannier systems, both symmetrical with exhaust cut, as well as asymmetrical
    • Two different models of crashbars
    • Top case plate
    • Two different sizes of luggage racks
    • Headlight protectors
    • Mounting brackets for auxiliary lights (Hella Micro DE)
    • GPS adapter
    • Stock handlebar crossbar
    • Manifold tube cover
    • Oil cooler guard
    • Aluminum cylinder guards
    • Kickstand extension
    • ...and lots more!
    A quick picture of the test bike sitting on the showroom floor....

[​IMG]

Here a few early pictures of the system - these show the natural/aluminum panniers with optional black powdercoated lids. The system really fits tight to the bike to maintain the narrowest profile (see below):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Preliminary system width measurements for the symmetrical Pro system (with exhaust cut) are as follows....
    • 2 x 31L Nomada Pro panniers - 82cm, or 32.3"
    • 2 x 38L Nomada Pro panniers - 90cm, or 35.4"
    • 2 x 45L Nomada Pro panniers - 98cm, or 38.6"
    To put this in perspective....the stock handlebar width is about 99cm, so a set of 45L panniers will still fit within the handlebar width!

As with all Holan pannier systems, the weld and powdercoating quality is first rate. Standard systems will still come with powdercoated black steel racks and natural/aluminum panniers, with stainless racks, powdercoated panniers (black or gray), and powdercoated lids all available as upgrades. Preliminary pricing for a standard system (black racks / aluminum panniers) is:
    • 2 x 31L Nomada Pro panniers - $1,069.99
    • 2 x 38L Nomada Pro panniers - $1,084.99
    • 2 x 45L Nomada Pro panniers - $1,099.99
    I will have the systems available on our site for pre-order this week, and will keep this thread updated with more pictures and info about the pannier systems and other parts as they come available. Any questions, please feel free to PM or email me at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com.

Thanks!

Jason
  2. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:
    What's up Jason!

Can't wait to receive my 38L Nolan Nomada's. Top notch service, excellent follow-up and even better PRICES!

As soon as I button these up on my Tiger I'll post up some detailed pics for you. Maybe you could update your sites picks with my bike :wink:

Thanks,

Aaron
  3. lanceputnam

lanceputnam Hayden's Dad

Oddometer:
    I bought the pro system 45l set for my '12 GS back in December. I cannot emphasize how excellent these have been so far! This system is amazing and glad to see they are progressively getting them made for the new bikes as well. Thank again Jason!
  4. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Aaron - would love to see some pics when you've got them mounted up!

Jason
  5. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great to hear Lance - thanks for the feedback!

Jason
  6. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    And the finished product....these are 38L panniers in the new matte gray finish....

I know I'm biased, but I think I'm in love. :evil

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  7. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    And the 45L Nomada Pro system in black....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  8. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some shots of the Nomada Pro rack without panniers....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  9. Bazgab

Bazgab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very nice, I really like the matte gray finish. Looks like the panniers sit really close to the side of the bike as well. I will definitely be keeping my eye on these.
  10. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks - I agree, they look great on the new GS!

For those looking for max pannier capacity (at the expense of a slightly wider system width), I'll be posting up the asymmetrical rack application later today. This will let you run full width, flat back panniers with no exhaust cut and no loss of capacity.

Prototype top case mounting plate pictures also inbound... :evil
  11. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    And the asymmetrical system...this will let you run full-size, asymmetrical panniers (i.e 31L + 38L with no exhaust cut) for maximum capacity but with a slightly wider system width. I don't have system widths or pricing yet for the various options, but will post up here when I do. For reference, the panniers mounted below are aluminum (standard finish), with a full-size 38L on the exhaust side and a 45L on the non-exhaust side.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some pictures of the new heavy duty Holan R1200GS LC Adventure rear rack, top case plate, and optional support arms. The rear supports help provide extra load capacity for the larger top cases and tie the pannier rack and top case rack together.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  13. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some pictures of the Holan headlight guard to protect the new R1200GS headlight assembly. I have no idea how much that awesome LED lighting costs, but I can't imagine it would be inexpensive to replace! The first couple pictures are of the prototype without finish and show how the guard can tilt up easily to clean underneath. The last two are of the finished product powdercoated in matte black. Click on any of the pictures to be linked to the product page on ADV Motorrad.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  14. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've added the asymmetrical rack for the 2013+ R1200GS to our webstore for pre-order. The pictures above are linked to the product page, or you can click here.

Our next order goes into Holan the week of 4/1 for anticipated delivery to you in early to mid-May. I know many of you will have your new GSes arriving around then....wouldn't that be a great time to bolt up your new pannier system? :evil Just say no to Varios! :D

Any questions, please email me at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com.

Thanks!

Jason
  15. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some new bits for the R1200GS LC from Holan....a handlebar crossbar and a final drive slider/crashbung. All the pictures are hyperlinked to the product pages...just click the image and it will take you right there! :D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  16. Serp

Serp Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ordered the works for my new 2013 I picked up from the dealer today.
    Can't wait to get the cases on!:D
  17. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    ...and I can't wait to see pics of them mounted up - they're going to look great on the new bike!

For those that have asked, I got the headlight guard added to the website and it's now available for pre-order, with delivery anticipated in early May. All the pictures earlier in the thread are hyperlinked to the product page, or you can go there by clicking here.

Any questions, please feel free to PM me, email me at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com, or call the shop at (585) 310-ADVM.

Thanks!

Jason
  18. JRose

JRose Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jason,

Thanks for taking the time to talk to me today about the cases for my F8GS. I think I'm sold on the Holan for what I'm going for. I sent you a message on the website, but one more thing.

Can you post a few more pics of the aluminum cases with the black lids?

Thx,
    Jason
  19. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Jason, my pleasure. I don't have any pics of the panniers off the bike, but you can see pictures of them mounted on a new Wee-Strom here. Here's a close-up picture of the aluminum/black setup mounted on the Wee:

[​IMG]

Thanks!
  20. gr8ridn

gr8ridn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jason,
    If you don't mount a top box, but plan to carry a dry bag further forward can this be used without the support bars in the rear?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.