Bay Area Adventure Riders Club

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by T O Double D, Dec 2, 2009.

1. T O Double D

T O Double D Pogue Mahone

Oddometer:
    What's up you Bay Area FFs? I'd like to start a thread for all of us here to post up with weekend get together rides, and also plan some more serious overnight to multi day rides. If you have a ride you'd like to host PM me and I will post it up here. If this gets too crazy we will have to come up with something else. It would also be nice just to meet some of you FFs I wave at as we pass on the slab heading for our far off destinations. This page will be for all ability levels, although not all rides should be considered beginer friendly. Also, all bikes are welcome. I have my preference, orange, but I really just love motorcycles in general.

My name is Todd and I take adventure riding pretty seriously. I post a fair amount of ride reports on South Bay Riders under the name DoubleD, but haven't been as active here on ADV simply because I like the tools SBR provides and it is a very local forum. (There's cool map tools I can use to show exactly where my pics are from, etc...) Check my RRs in my sig line to get an idea of what I'm into.

I've done a fair amount of trips solo and a few with others I've met online. It seems to me like there are a lot of like minded riders in this area, but nobody's organized anything here. I know there isn't a whole lot of good dirt anywhere near us, but we can still have some fun day rides near us.

So wha'dya say? Even if you can't make the first ever BAARC ride, is this thread worth pursuing? And no, there will be no official club, no patch for your leather jacket, although we might have a secret handshake...

Cheers!

Upcoming Rides:

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Epic 2,400 mile 5 state ride... and your invited
    Hey Adv'ers,

This Aug 19th 2 riders from this forum and myself are going to set out on a 18 day 2,800 mile journey thru Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana and Colorado returning home Sept 5th

My friend Mike and I have bought the Garmin topo products needed to route this ride properly and we have completed the GPS track.

I am looking for 1 to 3 more people to come along.

The ride will consist of approx 200 miles per day each day with 90% being on EASY dirt and the rest pavement.

camping 60 to 70 percent of the time

if you would like to read about this ride there is a fantastic RR called Forever West here
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647968

this ride is said to be better than the CDR or the Can to Mex ride (which are different rides btw)

If you are intrested let me know..

you must have a 600CC or larger
    you must have a GPS and know how to use it

PM me or email me if your intrested.

Paul

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    Past Rides:

First ever BAARC ride Dec 6 2009...
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11566419#post11566419

Dualies Ridgecrest 250... Jan 23-24 2010
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530333&page=15

This was a disorganized weekend, with several groups of us doing our own things. Pics throughout pages 20-23
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530333&page=21

Reopen CCMA Protest Ride, with Hot Springs Too! Pics start on page 33 post 482
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530333&page=33

If you would like to post your ride here on the first page PM me and I'll add it. Type the text out exactly as you want it, so I can simply copy and paste it to this thread. Remember the dates!
    joker-b likes this.
  2. Just Paul

Just Paul Pro Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    Todd, This is a great idea.
    I think its important to keep the first post updated with bay area rides so that someone does not have to sift thru 100 pages to figure out the next upcoming ride.
  3. Just Paul

Just Paul Pro Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    Todd,

If you create a GPX track for the ride you can host it here for free.
    http://www.4shared.com

you need to sign up for an account but its free and the file will be good for a certain # of days.
  4. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    We kinda frown on multiple user names :deal
    cool idea on the ride set up thingy though :D
  5. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:
    i was a bit daunted by the old thread, and the crew that had been around for so long... and never posted....

the dec 6 group ride is actually on my birthday, i'll do what i can to make it out and meet everyone. if not... i'm subscribed, and i'll be around.

hi. :D
  6. ian408

ian408 Administrator Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Maybe we should just move over to SBR. Andy's got way more "stuff" to help in the planning too.
    EastBayRider likes this.
  7. T O Double D

Oddometer:
    While SBR has killer tools it doesn't have the user base. Besides, I'm happy to volunteer for this. If it starts to detract from my TV watching I'll close the thread though... Edit: Todd hates TV.... Only watches when bored...

Let's ride! :D
  8. M N B

M N B would rather be riding

Oddometer:
    Odd, this thread made me relogin... Twice.

To address the map in the other thread....
    A recent change to google maps won't allow you to route through Buzzard Lagoon. It was real tricky befoe but could be done. Now they don't even picture the road as going through.

In reality it does go through except part of it is closed during the winter (most of the good stuff)
  9. ian408

Oddometer:
    The web servers that serve advrider will respond to "www.advrider.com" and "advrider.com" with regard to cookies, they are two different sites.

You probably logged in using www.adv... . If you want, edit the URL and add www and I bet you log in every time :D
  10. boney

boney Ride > Post

Oddometer:
    :lurk
    SFMCjohn likes this.
  11. ian408

Oddometer:
    Hi Tom!
  12. Just Paul

Just Paul Pro Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    Ian, What was that book name with the norcal/socal jeep trails..
  13. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:
  14. mcma111

mcma111 Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. luckett

luckett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm not going unless I get a leather vest and a patch.
  16. ScorpioVI

ScorpioVI Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer:
    Damn, sounds like fun. Unfortunately I've got plans this weekend already. Will try to catch the next one.
  17. T O Double D

Oddometer:

In your case Chris I'll make an exception. You get the official BAARC leather cap...
    :ymca

So ya coming now or what?
  18. jimmy650

jimmy650 South Canol Racing Club

Oddometer:
    Todd

I like this idea a lot! The BAARC I mean.

I rarely can ride on Mondays, and the SBR don't have very many ADV riders.
    So I'm not sure I can do anything this Sunday, but I'll be around in the future.

Jim R
  19. M N B

M N B would rather be riding

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I just noticed todd's URL lacked the www and figured that out. Lately I've been surfing mostly on the iPhone because my laptop died, so details like that don't get noticed.

Here, here!
  20. 50X50

50X50 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My buddies always seem to find other things that are more important. Thanks for the general invite.