The 2012 CRF250L thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by dfhmotor, Nov 10, 2011.

1. dfhmotor

dfhmotor Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  3. windquest

windquest Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'm taking a guess in saying it will probably be about 300lbs, looks like a lower seat height compared to the KLX250S and the WR250R. Should be a nice compliment to this class of bikes.
  4. G19Tony

G19Tony Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If it comes to the states, I may be in. :D
  5. dirt hokie

dirt hokie Long timer

Oddometer:
    we already have that bike, a klx 250 and a wr 250 r.

If honda wants to sell somthing, put a plate on a CRF 250 X . Yamaha should do the same for the wr 250 and 450.
    That is the market segment that gets ignored by the Japanes bikes. The WR 450 F with a factory plate is what i want. Great off road performance with not quite the fininky maintainess and expensive parts of the European bikes.
  6. skatetokil

skatetokil SuperHack

Oddometer:
    Why is is that all the Jap manufacturers feel the need to weigh down their MX bikes for on road use? Any moron with an ebay account could dualsport a factory MX bike with less than 25lbs of added stuff. Yamakawahondazuki can't figure this one out?
  7. jefmad

jefmad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You mean except the large population of us who cannot plate a MX bike no matter what we do to it?
  8. rickypanecatyl

rickypanecatyl SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer:
    The article seemed to put an emphasis on how it looked almost like a competition bike and yet still kept the price down. And that Honda is showing what can be done with it with different paint and graphics.

Living here in Asia I would say compared to the US that really is a huge draw - having a simple, reliable vehicle that one one hand is like everyone elses but at the same time is easy to cusomize with paint and stickers and bling to be uniquly yours.

I don't think they are trying to dethrone the WR250R....
  9. scooterspirit

scooterspirit DaddyGeneralSir

Oddometer:
    >I don't think they are trying to dethrone the WR250R....
    It's not going to be punchy like that, or like the xr and raunchy too. woods weapon, that thing is sweet.
    I've seen 16k miles cbr250rs and I have nearly 8k miles on mine, pin it all day, the thing is good to go. It's really smooth too.
    I'm going to get one, $4200! The problem is- how am I going to hide that?:cry
  10. Rainshadow

Rainshadow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This version is looking a bit more sassy!

Attached Files:

• 43405.jpg
      43405.jpg
      File size:
      134.5 KB
      Views:
  11. rivercreep

rivercreep Banned

Oddometer:
    Depending on the State a person lives in, you can't always make a dirtbike street legal; it has tome come with a street worty title. (can't YOU figure that out?)

What I wonder is, if YOU don't want all that weight, why don't YOU just buy an off-road only model. No one is forcing you to buy one of these and there's plenty of off road bikes in this class already. (so buy one and go visit e-bay like you suggest)

As for being a capable D.S. that can be ridden to the off road riding location and not have to be trailered there....I have to ask; where is the large capacity gas tank.

All this compromise and none of the mfg.s have been able to make ANYONE happy.
    Dude, where I feel your frustration, try feeling it from this perspective.

Everything out there right now...SUCKS! = too heavy/under powered, too high strung/maint. intensive, and most of all, too freaking expensive when they come close to hitting the mark.
    I have to admit, I've given up on the (street legal) D.S. market in general.:cry
  12. Llamaha

Llamaha Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If someone would make a 6 speed 400cc bike with fuel injection and good suspension I would be willing pay a lot of money for it. This is still pretty sweet though.
  13. southy

southy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You need to move to Oz. We get all those bike as well as the CRF450X and KLX450 fully plated. Ride anywhere anytime. :D
  14. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    japanese?
    the euros do right now.
  15. Sub Zero

Sub Zero Ice Breather!

Oddometer:
    I like it, though Id prefer this mamma jamma right here if yamaha would make it legal here in the states.

[​IMG]
  16. GSBS

GSBS FunHog

Oddometer:
    What bike is that? Available Europe but not the USA?
  17. Sub Zero

Sub Zero Ice Breather!

Oddometer:
    Thats the 2012 fuel injected WR450F. it IS available here but not street legal. in Europe you have the option to buy it fully street legal.
  18. GSBS

GSBS FunHog

Oddometer:
    Man... that's looks like a really nice ride. I'm guessing it's a bit more maintenance intensive than the WR250Rs though.
  19. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    very different from the R motor. 5-spd and it's a dirtbike focused bike.
    none the less the wrf crowd is very happy.
  20. rufus

rufus We're burning daylight...

Oddometer:

Another ho-hum bike designed by someone who doesn't ride.

A perimeter frame is a dumb idea on an ADV/DS bike. It makes the bike harder to work on and wider with a bigger tank.

That thin seat will be miserable after a few hours.

It will be harder than necessary to put a fender bag on that goofy looking front fender.

The headlight is too low for night time riding. Your spare tube/ fender bag will be in the way.

From the looks of the rear end, it will be a challenge to get a rack and luggage on it.

Just another bike designed by marketing surveys........probably be a nice bike for what it is though.

You would think that at least ONE of the mfgrs would have someone who riders ADV/DS and could offer some input.