Elka Suspension Group Buy - Get Some!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Gangplank, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Gangplank

Gangplank Advenchaintourer

Oddometer:
    I'm able to organize a group buy for Elka Shocks. I get "special pricing" right now so if anyone wants to order the pricing is pretty good.

For the F800GS This would be the Elka the Stage 4 (w/ preload, high & low-speed compression, rebound) + Remote Hydraulic Preload Adjuster. Retail is $1,245 (On the Elka website they have them on a spring sale price for $995")

Group Buy price is better than the special right now!
    The "Stage 4" shock w/ 3-way adj. w/ remote preload adjuster is $850 + $30 shipping ground
    + paypal fees (3% I believe). Obviously if you have special shipping needs it may be more.
    The Stage 4 shock w/out the preload [PM for price]

US shipping addresses only though.

Delivery is est. at 2-4 weeks + shipping time from the date of order.
    All orders will get an order conf. # and and tracking number for your order.

Again, this is special "private group buy" pricing. Can be for any shock they sell as long as they make it for the model bike. Price applies to group buy. No guarantees how long they are on sale or when pricing will change. :D

Link to what they have for different bikes. It lists which bikes have the remote preload adjuster and which are avail. w/out it. There are some bikes not listed. Ask and I will check.
    http://www.elkasuspension.com/download/applications/ELKA-APP-Motorcycle.pdf

F650GS Dakar is part ELKA-40006 (only avail w/ remote preload adjuster)
    F800GS is part ELKA-40010 (only avail w/ remote preload adjuster)
    Other bikes like R1150GS/GS Adv., R1200GS/GS Adv, and many other makes and models are available.

Both include:
    RDH - ride height adjsutment
    PRE - threaded preload adjusetment ring
    REB - rebound dampening
    HSC - High-Speed compression
    LSC - Low-Speed compression
    HYD - Remote preload adjuster (note: w/out is less but not much less so just get it)

So... who's interested? :-D

[​IMG]
  2. Bayner

Bayner Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think it's a great idea! Unfortunately (or fortunately) mine just arrived in the mail today. Really looking forward to getting it mounted up.
  3. TastyPants

TastyPants Harasshole

Oddometer:
    I have interest.

Are you not interested in the front (edit:never mind I just saw the chart does not show a solution for the front for the 800 )? I haven't heard anything about these. Anyone have links to more info? I want to completely redo my suspension.

Also I am not really sure I need the remote preload adjuster...does it have to include that for the deal?

One last annoying question; this is what we are talking about correct? http://www.elkasuspension.com/?q=node/45
  4. kkug

kkug Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just ordered one today also. Did not see the group buy. But got the same deal.:thumbup
  5. GeckoRider

GeckoRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oakland, CA, USA, Thrid Rock from the Star Sol
    Unless timing changes, I am interested, but funds are allocated to moving, and I'd rather sort out the front first. FWIW you can pencil me in for the next group by (maybe).
  6. Gangplank

Oddometer:
    No front available for our bikes unless you do the shiver fork conversion like I did or get another aftermarket solution. I'm not sure if they make the shim stacks to replace the shiver compression stacks like I have but I'll have to check that out.

I am waiting on info re: teh remote preload adjuster and whether the shock comes in a model without it for the F800GS. I think it may be needed since we already have a preload adjuster on the bike now. Will let you know.

Will pencil you in as an I am very interested maybe. :lol3
  7. Gangplank

Oddometer:
    Just heard back that the shock for the F800GS is the only one they have available for that bike.

(It used to be available but was only be $100 cheaper without the remote adjuster so everyone ordered it with it and they stopped making it without....)
  8. Bayner

Bayner Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you really didn't want hyraulic preload it appears you could remove that portion (it's a cylinder that fits between the preload adjustment collar and the spring) and replace it with an aluminum shim of similar displacement to maintain preload adjustment range. The way the adjusterit mounts on the bike is a little screwy if you're going to be off road and risk dumping it on it's side. I'd post a picture to illustrate whart I mean but I'm inept in that regard...
  9. transplant

transplant not OEM

Oddometer:
    might be in for a set for my 1150 if this thread picks up steam.
  10. epicxcrider

epicxcrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm now interested in this. Finished my front mods and setting aside the $ for the rear now.
  11. Gangplank

Oddometer:
    Good timing on this... I am getting ready to order myself a shock for my F650GSYZ Dakar build. How soon are you thinking?
  12. epicxcrider

Oddometer:
    this month? It's tax return season for most people and everyone up north is starting to dig out the bikes.
  13. Gangplank

Oddometer:
    This month might be doable b/c I need to order mine too. :D

If you know anyone else who is interested now would be a great time to get folks on board. I can coordinate the orders and shipping through a contact I have at Elka. Not sure on pricing right now as it might depend on how many are ordered.

Here is a link to the fitment chart:
    http://www.elkasuspension.com/download/applications/ELKA-APP-Motorcycle.pdf

F650GS Dakar is part ELKA-40006
    F800GS is part ELKA-40010

Lists them as including:
    RDH - ride height adjsutment
    PRE - threaded preload adjusetment ring
    REB - rebound dampening
    HSC - High-Speed compression
    LSC - Low-Speed compression
    HYD - Remote preload adjuster

A few sportbike races are using them here locally. They are supposed to be every bit as good as Penske or Ohlins (some racers prefer them to Ooohlins). In the ATV world they are the top of the line shocks apparently.
  14. epicxcrider

Oddometer:
    watcha building?
  15. Gangplank

Oddometer:
    Sold/Traded the F800GS for a low mileage F650GS that is getting YZ'Dakar'd and put on a diet. :lol3
  16. epicxcrider

Oddometer:
    Nice! Well mine needs a new rear suspender so let's get this rolling!
  17. Gangplank

Oddometer:
    Sent a few PMs.

Now is the time to get one. :D
  18. kkug

kkug Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a Elka shock on my 800 GS . Works very good and is a nice piece . The Oleans I had on was inferior with lack of compression dampening.
  19. dom02

dom02 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Interested! how do these compare to wilbers, hyperpro & ohlins
  20. epicxcrider

Oddometer:
    Seems to be the best bang for the buck compared to other shocks. Remote preload adjust, full damping adjustment, blah blah. People complain about Ohlins performance, Touratech is more money. Don't know about the rest, but I like the Elka.