Making of the "Oklahoma Adventure Trail"

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by OKlr, Oct 25, 2012.

1. kiltedcrawford

kiltedcrawford Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. kiltedcrawford

Oddometer:
    Wind builds character.....or something.

Cropear's missing some eyebrow due to riding home from my house in a heavy crosswind and thick, bad fitting sunglasses under his helmet.
  3. OKlr

OKlr 25mph gate inpector

Oddometer:

i don't have a problem with adding miles to the oat, if it has a purpose. If there is beauty in the area you want it to go through, you guys are the local experts. build a route and we will run with it, only rule. the crazy sandy bottom, possibly dry, maybe rushing watter crossing stays. fyi when i started this project i lived in clinton.
  4. kiltedcrawford

Oddometer:
    Good good. I'll get out in the next few days, hopefully, and check out Dadayama's route. Looks like it'll be good and hot, and I know it'll be windy.
    I'll also take Cropear's advice and report on any convenience store cuties I run into. Don't hold your breath, though.
  5. Dadayama

Dadayama Constant Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just letting everyone know that this is happening... the group is growing... it should be fun...

Meet us when you can... I will check my PMs Thursday around 3 for the last time...

I will try to post updates either here or the OKC Metro thread... link is available in the above portion...

Hope even more people show up to ride and celebrate Oklahoma!!!!
  6. Dadayama

Oddometer:
    Leaving Lake McMurtry at 8am Friday morning... Northeast Oklahoma Friday night... Southeast Oklahoma Saturday night. ETC.... will keep you all updated...
  7. OKlr

OKlr 25mph gate inpector

Oddometer:
    Hope the ride goes well. I'm jealous. Since i couldn't go on the ride i decided to make one of my vlog videos about the OAT to promote it. Once i get to ride it i'm going to do another video or two with highlights.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mptaie_U_fo?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mptaie_U_fo?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  8. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's a start, but the video comes to an abrupt end.

I have a question, do you always talk to us when you ride? :wink:

9. mars

mars Starbucks anyone?

Oddometer:
    Nice Bill!
    I can't wait for your critique of the new Superman movie? Maybe they will let you in for free if you mention you are a movie criticizer.
  10. Ricky Chuck

Ricky Chuck She's heavy but I love her

Oddometer:
    I loved that movie, and will melt someone's taco on Tuesday nights at Hugo's with my heat vision if it is denigrated! [​IMG]
  11. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    Ok, video plays now instead of bombing out after a minute and a half. For whatever reason it wasn't playing earlier today. :1drink
    Nice to hear the thoughts behind the building of the OAT.
    And you are near one section that may need a little work, lot of pavement between Cleveland and where we crossed Hwy 169 north of Nowata. Nice back road pavement really but there were some thoughts that maybe a bit much?

12. OKlr

OKlr 25mph gate inpector

Oddometer:
    good bad or ugly, i'm glad to hear some insight into the OAT. Osage county is next door so i will definitely put that on my hit list of things to work on.
  13. OKlr

OKlr 25mph gate inpector

Oddometer:
    Only if i'm purposely recording a vlog. My channel on youtube is dedicated to motorcycle stuff, and when i don't have anything interesting i've recorded or i have something on my mind i do a vlog.
  14. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    I've watched most of your stuff and that was just an observation I had. I talk to people when I ride sometimes, except I'm really glad none of it gets recorded :shog

Either I missed it or I have forgotten, do you detail anywhere your voice recording setup?

15. Dadayama

Oddometer:
    Here is the Ride report and some pics...LINK
  16. OKlr

OKlr 25mph gate inpector

Oddometer:
    Gopro hero 3 white, gopro audio adapter, audio-technica atr3350 mic under right cheekpad.
  17. OKlr

OKlr 25mph gate inpector

Oddometer:
  18. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    How do you connect that mic to the GoPro?

19. OKlr

OKlr 25mph gate inpector

Oddometer:
    This is my current setup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. OKlr

OKlr 25mph gate inpector

Oddometer:
    Is anyone in south eastern oklahoma that can help with a reroute? The group that went out over the weekend ran into a closed gate. Needing to know some options. Anyone know if the k trail is open? I've heard that one half is easily passable, but the other half is pretty tough. i've never rode it though.

here is the location of the gate that was closed. N34 36.198 W94 47.844