Best seat for ladies butt?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Leafaye, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Leafaye

Leafaye Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've got a F650GS and a big round butt; the two are not great friends.
    Most aftermarket seats are targeted to a mans perineum, and searches for "womens" seats bring up low and passenger seats.
    Any reccomendatons?
    I know I could take a carving knife to my seat but that makes me nervous...
  2. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
  3. lilolita

lilolita fahr mit mir

Oddometer:
    I put Renazco seats on my bikes. Expensive? Yes. Long wait? Yes. But he makes the seat to your weight, height, and type of riding. And yes, I'm a girl. If you want to try one, shoot me a PM. We're both in little Rhody.
  4. TwilightZone

TwilightZone Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    >"I've got a F650GS and a big round butt; the two are not great friends. "

Corbin! Nice round seat and friendly on the butt.

[​IMG]
  5. meatwitheyes

meatwitheyes Bon Vivant

Oddometer:
    A nice Goldwing seat....... :rofl

[​IMG]

6. Tom48

Tom48 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bill Meyer seats. The best.
  7. flying_finn

flying_finn https://motomessiah.blogspot.com/

Oddometer:
    size 12 bootys or bigger would do fine with a furry sheepskin .. agreeded photos are needed of the all to help picking a seat
  8. theothersean

theothersean dirty boy

Oddometer:
    http://www.viberider.com/

not sure if they make them for the riders seat , might only be available for the passenger , but you may be able to modify it to fit .
  9. FBB

FBB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you have any local shop that does seat work?

That way you can get the seat fitted to you. My wife had that done to her bike and it made all the difference in the world
  10. k-moe

k-moe Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1 If you have a custom bike scene in town then there is either a shop, or an individual in town who can do the work. Start talking to people.
  11. Andyvh1959

Andyvh1959 Cheesehead Klompen Supporter

Oddometer:
    Da frozen tundra eh? 1.5 mile west of Lambeau
    If you go to a local shop, make sure they know something about cycle seats and about sitting upright in one position for any length of time. Many upholstery shops use foam that is WAYYY to soft and compressible for a cycle seat. All of the better seats use a very dense foam that does not pack down over time. Those soft, pillowy sofa cushions are only good on the sofa, no place for them on a bike.

The shop must also know something about shaping the seat into a slight dish shape, concave and not convex, as a dish shape distributes the "load" over more of the outside of the butt instead of in the center like many cycle rear seats do.

I made a custom seat for my 94 BMW RS, after I studied seat design at DIYMotorcycleseat.com. I added almost two inches of very high grade firm foam under the passenger seat for my gal, then formed the seat into a dish shape, with slanted relief at the front/sides for her thighs. She said it is very good, except over time, sitting puts pressure on the "sitting bones", those little projections on the bottom edge of the pelvis. Look up "sitting bones" to find more detail.
    [​IMG]
    The front portion of my seat I also built up and reshaped, including an airflow slot up through the seat pan. The seat I'm designing for my next BMW R1200RS project will have a center dropped section for airflow, and both the front and rear sections will have gel pads under the vinyl for the sitting bones. The same shop where I bought the foam ($50 worth) is where I had them make and install the seat covers on the foam I shaped.