03 Honda Goldwing GL1800
Saltydog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #32
tkitna
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveShaft View Post

Goodness. That aggravated me just watching, let alone if I had to do it. 20 minutes? That would take me 2 hours and 5 minutes. 2 Hours to actually assemble and the extra 5 minutes to strangle the wife mid process.

2008 DL650
2013 Goldwing
tkitna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:38 AM   #33
josjor
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
Goodness. That aggravated me just watching, let alone if I had to do it. 20 minutes? That would take me 2 hours and 5 minutes. 2 Hours to actually assemble and the extra 5 minutes to strangle the wife mid process.
Probably closer to 30 years, 2 hours, and 5 minutes, once you account for the prison time.

You know it's bad when the music had to loop about twenty times and that was WITH time lapse.
listen mister, we didnt evolve porcelin shitters just so we could squat to take a shit, like monkeys.
josjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #34
Bigbugberg
Meatbucket Supreme

Oddometer: 291
We just bought a used 1 year old T12BH. We’ve only spent one night in it so far so a proper review would be premature.
Reasons why we chose the A-Frame style, we had a cab over popup in the truck but packing the wet canvas night after night became a hassle. When we got home issues arose and were unable to air it out properly and the damn thing grew mushrooms on the canvas! Also, the wind always blows in Utah. Sleeping with the flop-flap-floop-flap of the tent is tiresome and not relaxing. Additionally we looked at toy haulers. With either the toy hauler or the tent popup, you have to remove the bikes to setup the sleeping area. If I’m driving for a couple days I don’t want to have to unload bikes to access my bed. Our tow vehicle is a 4Runner having limited towing capacity so the trailer must be light (euphemism for cheaply made). This 4Runner is also a daily driver and gets 20mpg as a DD. My F250 with the camper got 12 and was not DD friendly. I will be carrying two bikes. The trailer frame will need to be reinforced to carry the aft bike. Two bikes on the front deck exceed the tongue weight of the 4R.
So with this setup we’ll be able to carry 2 bikes, not have to remove bikes to sleep, no tent canvas, low slip stream for better aerodynamics, 4Runner towable, no second vehicle needed as a daily driver, reasonable fuel economy, can break camp without closing everything up, explore with either the bikes or the 4Runner.
Time will tell if we made the right decision.

2013 Guzzi Stelvio
2010 KTM 690 Enduro
2009 KTM 400XCW Plated
Bigbugberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: