Coast to Coast (and back?) with an Italian Supermodel

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by AntiHero, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Trane Francks

Trane Francks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I didn't miss your point; I just disagree with letting self-criticism undermine one's joy. Been there, done that.

It's all good, though. As I wrote earlier, I'm not trying to change your mind. Just throwing some fodder out there to chew on. Eez all good, man! :D
  2. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am. But my bike is still in the shop--As soon as my clip ons come in I'll probably pick her up, seeing as though all the other parts will probably take some time to come in. So if you see someone on a Panigale with jacked up bodywork, it's me!
  3. M0t0Rider

M0t0Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Living and working in the Nashville, Tennessee area I been seeing a couple Panigale motorbikes. Man what eye candy! I was at the Farmers Market in downtown Nashville Thursday (March 28th) and got to meet and greet with a owner of one of these bikes, he was riding with a older BWM 600cc boxer engine bike. I could have stared at that bike for an hour (Ducati). I told him about your adventure (AntiHero) and where to find it. Being a Motorbike tire installer, I offered up my service to him, maybe I will get lucky to work on this mans bike. I just need to score a Single sided swingarm stand.
  4. CharlestonADV

CharlestonADV I do my own stunts.

Oddometer:
    Hmmm...unless you're a Glock...you'll never reach perfection.

[​IMG]
  5. Old Blue

Old Blue Shallow waterman

Oddometer:
    Bravo on the report. Fantastic:clap:clap

Come through Corpus Christi/Rockport and I'll fire up the grill.
  6. ewaugh

ewaugh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So I read an article that made me think about some of the stuff that has been said here. Well, really the whole theme behind this ride report. See I'm doing the crossfit open, which is a five week long worldwide competition which also acts as a qualifier for the bigger events (which I will not be qualifying for). But anyway the workout for this last week was a three rep ladder (3, 6, 9...) of 135lb clean and jerk and toes to bar. Well my max clean and jerk is 165, so 135 gets heavy pretty quick, even more so going overhead with it. But, if you decide that every rep is going to count, that every time you put your hands on the bar it's going over your head, if you trust yourself and the bar guess what, its goes overhead. When you start doubting yourself, shit don't happen. You know what, no matter what else happens in life, no matter who tells you you're awesome or a piece of poo, the bar doesn't lie to you. When you decide to make shit happen, shit happens. When you start doubting yourself, shit don't happen.
  7. BenZvan

BenZvan N7

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty fond of my Springfield XD45. Glock is way too mainstream for me. :wink:
  8. euromedic

euromedic Peterman

Oddometer:
    That is awesome AH, both in imagery and execution of a gravel hillclimb on a sportsbike. Very cool.
  9. euromedic

euromedic Peterman

Oddometer:
    Appropriate ;)

Primitive road? Ya think! Government :duh:
  10. bttran

bttran Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm halfway through the RR and already wanting to take my duc on a similar journey as yours. Fantastic reading!
  11. luckyguy19

luckyguy19 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is about the most profound reading I've ever done on the internet. This ride report has infected my daily thoughts. I gave up my beloved 1098 to get a R1200GS so my 9 year old daughter and my wife can go riding with me. I will be back on a Ducati when I can afford to keep the GS and have the Ducati.

I think very few people understand how motorcycles can become a way of life. This report captures what itÂ’s like to live and breathe motorcycles day in and day out. Pure sport bikes and dirt bikes are my favorite because there is little there that doesn't absolutely need to be. There is truly nothing better than being one with the machine and it becoming your companion, almost transcending being an inanimate object. Thank you for the time and commitment it took to document your trip.
  12. Halen

Halen Suerte O Muerte Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very well stated and I couldn't agree more. I hope a Ducati comes back into your life sooner than you expect.
  13. Yoyodyne

Yoyodyne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just had dinner with Vicki at the weekly S.FL Ducati Owners Meetup last night and brought this discussion up with her. She DID send word of this Ride Report to Ducati, but in her words, she's not sure whether or not Ducati Corporate was already aware of AH's ride...

...she really is the "eyes and ears" for Ducati, given her vast social network.
  14. himv

himv n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm on page 77.
    can not find the words to describe your talent. your biggest ability is to hit a perfect match between words and feelings. it's like you know how to refine so many thoughts into a resonant sentence. you were blessed dude! waiting for your book (and if necessary will translate it to hebrew [yep, I'm jew but will do it for free]).
    I'm about to do a us roadtrip this summer (the common R1200GS , still do not have the guts to drive on a superbike) and will definetaly read your RR few times again.
    warm greetings from Israel.
  15. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    PMs sent. Always a great feeling to log in and see so much great feedback. Should have a fairly substantial update soon, so stay tuned!
  16. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1
  17. kneedrag

kneedrag Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Damn, each time I see that photo of the bike on its side it makes me cringe.
    I hope the dumb ass that was the cause makes his way to hell before the rest of us!
  18. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:
  19. rico2072

rico2072 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great to hear!
  20. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds great, except for the 100hp limit. Hmmmm....maybe if I mix 1/2 gallon of gas with 1/2 gallon of water? Or hack the ECU and set the rev limiter to 5000 RPM? :)