The Big Apple Tag 'O Rama

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by 13, Oct 7, 2008.

1. 13

13 __________ Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rules are easy... and most likely wont be followed anyway.
    1. Find the tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location preferably more than a mile from the previous post, get the photo and post it here. Give a few hints so the next person can figure out where the tag is located. Or you can have them follow you there. Make the clues clear and easiiy understood.
      • Try to place the tags in interesting locations, not 15 feet down the Coney Island boardwalk when the original was Nathens, maybe a bit of history and that can be found down some nice twisties.
    2. Tag must be: a) findable, b) not placed on a dirt road. c) Accessible for more than a few hours during the day (i.e. a road is only open 2 hours a day = No Good. Location is only open on weekends = No Good. The road is only open from 8am to 6pm = OK but let people know that when posting the tag.) Try to avoid the last situation as this is the "City that doesnt sleep" and game has/will be active in the wee hours.
      • Maintained gravel is OK, but make sure to let folks know that gravel is required to get to your tag. We don't want to exclude those who don't like to get dirty.
    3. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag, Time stamped photos dont mean anything. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.
    4. One tag at a time. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
    5. Tags from other states are fair game as long as you re-tag within the same state, post on that states thread. and cross post here to motivate the masses. (Be civil ppl)
    6. No whining :nono Ya right. There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules:lol3
    7. If the photo is un-questinionably (probably not a real word but you know what I mean) duplicated the new tag may be posted immediately. If it is questionable (i.e. the gate was locked so the picture is a bike in front of a locked gate)The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag) If the holder does not reply within 12 hours its up to the active (guys that have tags) game players. If two members or more agree the tag is good than it is. This game moves fast. Lets keep it that way.
    8. The person who is responsible for posting the next tag has 48 hour to do so with the exception of foul weather (heavy rain, snow).
    9. Should the tag holder fail to post the new tag within the 48 hours someone will need to get the previous tag and post a new one within 48 hours.
    10. If there were two people that got the tag and the person who got it first fails to post within the 48 hours the person who posted second may post a new tag.
    Remember, you gotta be quick. Don't make the clues difficult, because it will come back and bite you in the arse. Also, bring your "A" game cause someone will have a tag and post another while you're thinking about eating breakfast.

The following link show where its been.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/drive..."userId":"110728729775325661138"}&usp=sharing

Heres the kick off

[​IMG]
  2. TengaiJohn

TengaiJohn Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    GWB - Riverside Dr.

I'll post new tag tonight.
  3. thejosh

thejosh Chump

Oddometer:
    you gotta get up pretty early to beat John!

[​IMG]
  4. 13

13 __________ Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice job John. You even got the time of day right!
  5. 13

13 __________ Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone else have a problem with Long Island being included in the area for this tag?:ear
  6. aphazia

aphazia KLR+Duct tape+Dreams!

Oddometer:
    I'd say it makes sense to leave it in, since there's so much of the state outside of the boros and LI to handle most of the 'empire state' tags. ;)
  7. thejosh

thejosh Chump

Oddometer:
    My only thought on it is that with a 5 boro tag game there is the possibility of people in the city heading out during a lunch break and knocking out a tag. if the tag is out on LI then there is no way you are gonna be able to get it. I was just hoping that this game would be a faster fun local game. You aren't gonna be able to hit Jones Beach on a lunch break. Just the 5 boros is my vote. Keep it close to the city for those of us who work in the city.
  8. Lil' Steve

Lil' Steve Every day is Saturday

Oddometer:

No problem with it, but like Josh said, they'll be lots more movement within the 5 boros. I'll play along either way.
  9. TengaiJohn

Oddometer:
    Ok, I have the new tag but there is only one problem (actually two):

1. it's not in the 5 boros (sorry :D )

2. it's only accessible during the day

Should I post it up or should I find a new tag tomorrow morning?

Sorry about that guys, didn't mean to slow things down.
  10. aphazia

Oddometer:
    Post it and we'll sort it out?
  11. aphazia

Oddometer:
    Don't discount us LI'er's moving a tag from LI back into the boroughs... s'what I did! ;)
  12. TengaiJohn

Oddometer:
    I just downloaded the pics and they look like crap, but here goes:

Since the first tag was a bridge I thought I would continue with a bridge photo.

You can access the area via paved road, during the day and in the Fall/Winter there is no entrance fee.
  13. TengaiJohn

Oddometer:
    Here's a bigger pic:

[​IMG]
  14. TengaiJohn

Oddometer:
    As I mentioned before, if you would prefer that I move this tag to the 5 Boros I can post a new pic tomorrow morning.

Sorry for the screwup. :D
  15. Lil' Steve

Lil' Steve Every day is Saturday

Oddometer:
    That didnt take very long. :lol3 :lol3

I guess since it's a 5 boro/LI tag-o-rama, you should bring it back to the city or the Island, but I'm willing to let ya slide this time, John. :mad?
  16. 13

13 __________ Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ya I dont know. Thats pretty far out of the boros.:D
  17. TengaiJohn

Oddometer:
    Ok, I'll post a new tag first thing tomorrow morning. :1drink
  18. aphazia

Oddometer:
    Notice how us dudes with the KLR's fuck it all up posthaste? :rofl

We need to go ridin', John! :freaky
  19. TengaiJohn

Oddometer:
    Yeah, what's wrong with us KLR owners :scratch

Ok, here it is.... I thought I would do your typical landmark (like those boring NJ folks) but then I decided to make it a bit more interesting..... how about a moving landmark???

I'm sure most of you "lower downtown westsiders" know this camper (hint no. 1) but maybe the LI folks never heard of it.

If you find this tag and the owner approaches you .... RUNNNNNN!!! Nah, just kiddin', he's a really nice guy ... stop and chat with him a while.
  20. thejosh

thejosh Chump

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Clarkson and Washington.