R.M.T.A. - Rocky Mountain Trials Association

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Brake, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Brake

Brake "Tractor right up it"

Oddometer:
  2. Brake

Oddometer:
  3. NMTrailboss

NMTrailboss Team Dead End

Oddometer:
    :clap :clap

Right on Brake!! Keep us posted on results of your first event.
    If you have time, come down and compete in one of the NMTA events as well!! :thumb
  4. Moto Beak

Moto Beak Professional Amateur

Oddometer:
    I just got another trials bike, after a 15 year hiatus. I had the bike for one week before I did the first event at Texas Creek. Good fun as always. I'm excited to be back on a trials bike again. I'm too slow to race, so this is a great way to get some friendly competition. I've never done the Lyons event, but I'm looking forward to it. Practice, practice.....
  5. Brake

Oddometer:
    Will do...Don't have any high expectations for the event. As long as i don't come in dead last i will consider it a victory:lol3 . And if i do, oh well i need more practice. Just would like to see what i need work on........
  6. jjustj

jjustj Long timer

Oddometer:
    Back in Colorado. Cedaredge or delta or.....
    former rmta member here for over 10 years parking at lyons will be really tight. Great friends of mine are the trials masters, what class will you choose? if results dont matter ride the easiest then on second loop check out the next harder lines! even tho you enetered dif class itll be more fun , youll get 5s for riding the "wrong lines" IMHO have fun! ill be outta town!
  7. Brake

Oddometer:
    Planning on doing beginner/novice class and going from there. This is more of a "feel things out" event for me. Sorry you will be out of town. Maybe we can catch up some other time:thumb
  8. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:

+1. C'mon down and ride with us May 15th and 16th. NMTrailboss is lower Trialsmaster on Saturday!
  9. Shercoman

Shercoman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Brake,
    Welcome to the fun!
    I'm an RMTA member and former NMTA member getting back into it after a year off.
    I work in Wheat Ridge so we should get together some time for some Trials fun.
    The RMTA people and club are great so I'm sure you will enjoy the sport and the group.
    I'll probably be at Lyons on the only 4 stroke Sherco there.
  10. Brake

Oddometer:
    Right on Shercoman!!!! I have heard a lot of good things about the RMTA so i am really looking forward to meeting some people at the Lyons event.....Hopefully see you there:thumb
  11. Brake

Oddometer:
    Just got back from my inaugural trials event and i learn quite a few things. So i made a short list:

1. Every single person i met was awesome and extremely helpful
    2. I learned of many new ways to take a "5":deal
    3. When you clean a section once, doesn't mean you can clean it next time.
    4. If you break your kickstart lever clean off, when kicking it, you get a "D.N.F.":lol3

All in all i had a great time, learned alot, and I'm even more "hooked" then before.

P.S. I met the GASGAS dealer at the event and have a kickstart lever on the way to be ready for next weekends event:clap
  12. NMTrailboss

Oddometer:
    Awesome Blake!! Glad to hear you had a good time! Trials people rock!!
    Our event (N. Mex.) went equally well this weekend. Even had a rattlenake helping score section 1! :lol3
  13. Brake

Oddometer:

Ben and I were briefly talking about heading down your guys' way this fall to compete in an NMTA event. Seeing how your guys' season is alot longer and it would be fun to see you fellas.:freaky We will have to stay in touch.....................

P.S. I know Gordy is, but are you coming to FMF?
  14. NMTrailboss

Oddometer:

Won't be making it this year. FMF falls on the date of our next trials event at Sipapu! So many events...so little time!

You guys should try to come down for the NMTA event in Lake Fork Canyon in the Jemez mountains west of Santa Fe on October 2-3. That is always an awesome event! :ricky
  15. Brake

Oddometer:
    Sweet. That's right around the time i was looking at. We'll keep you posted........:thumb
  16. NMTrailboss

Oddometer:
    Sounds good! :nod
  17. Moto Beak

Moto Beak Professional Amateur

Oddometer:
    Looks like a hot weekend. Plans changed, so I'm in for Saturday, out for Sunday. Anyone else?
  18. MotoMinded

MotoMinded Rally On Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    In Sat., maybe Sunday.
  19. Cowboy

Cowboy Ceteris non Paribus

Oddometer:
    I've been wrenching on the bike, but I have some more wrenching before I can compete again. At least I've figured out why I was killing the engine in nearly every section last weekend. I had a huge crack in the carb/intake rubber boot that was causing intermittent vacuum leaks that killed the bike at idle.

If I'm really lucky, I'll have the bike back on track in time to ride Sunday.
  20. Brake

Oddometer:
    Just got home from the two day event event and I'm drinking my bruises away. Got some sweet pics that i will post up later. Those pros are:eek1