NomadGal's Year on the Road

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by NomadGal, Jul 8, 2012.

1. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    Glad you are still liking it, and glad you are still "riding" along:D
  2. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    I thought maybe I'd post here that I am looking for a place to stay in Washington, somewhere near Sequim, maybe even Port Angeles or Port Townsend.
    I have PMed Canine and DammitDave, but in case they have a full yard already I might need a back-up plan.
    I work at Sequim's Costco for GoalZero from May 31 till June 9th, so I'll need a place to pitch my tent from May 30th to June 9th.
    Let me know if you know of any places to camp around there. No national forests there by the looks of it. I'll do some more digging though.
  3. John Fabian

John Fabian Fabe

Oddometer:
    Your wonderful flower photos are a unique hallmark to your amazing adventure. Thank you and please post more.
  4. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the wonderful donation Joseph M. I don't know who you are but maybe you'll see my thanks this way :raabia
    You can always pm me to let me know who you are in case you are shy :lol3
  5. Motomedic

Motomedic Over-caffeinated Raconteur Supporter

Oddometer:
    Still thinking about heading this way after the Costco gig?
  6. rodr

rodr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I see the Dungeness Recreation Area is right there and has camping and showers. May be a bit pricey though.
  7. Mcreviver

Mcreviver Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Back in post 996 you described hitting the sidewalk while wearing your helmet. Be advised that helmets are designed to protect your head from impact once. The material inside is not as dependable after a hard hit.
    Poke around the inside to try to determine if there is a low spot on the side that hit the concrete. Maybe contact the manufacturer or seek advice from a dealer (who will probably try to sell you a new one.) If you ended up with a headache after a tip over, can you imagine why anybody would ride without a helmet? :eek1
  8. Hessian42

Hessian42 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn you get around lol. since i ran into you at 29 palms i rode up the sierras and landed in Ashland/medford oregon where i'll be living for a while. funny we both ended up this way. if you need a place to crash on your way back down from WA don't hesitate!
  9. Deanman

Deanman Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Nomadgal,

I just (finally!) posted up in the tent space thread, I'm in Port Angeles and would be happy to put you up. Been following along with your travels for some time and glad to see you are making it up to the beautiful PNW.
    Good luck!
  10. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    I am camped up on a mountaintop near Hebo OR. Got lucky, no rain until after I was done pitching up the tent :D
    It rained a lot last night, and now I am in foggy cloudland, mysteriously beautiful, surrounded by pinetrees.
    I have a pocket of reception now and then, so maybe this post will make it through.
    The raindrops pitter patter on my tarp, very soothing. Another day to kick back and relax, drinking hot beverages to stay warm.
  11. RidingUpAndDown

RidingUpAndDown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    coast to coast, and back, and AK ... damn, how many miles now?

Hello Esther, Started this a few days ago and just caught up now, great traveling along w/ u, Great slice/spice of life. Thanks for writing it up, Great picts, Great read, Great how we're meeting all ur friends. what a trip. and ur family must be proud. total :bow :freaky (strong tea ;o))
    big :clap

couppla Qs for you if I may:

your little net room, we saw on Nacimiento-Fergusson Road, where did u find?

your riding companion/teddy bear/pillow, often safe in the gallon ziplok on the back, it’s name? special significance? ;o)

w/ all the wx/rain you've been in and use it's seen, is ur tent truly waterproof? that's exceptional, what did u use to reproof it?

I too don't like to b cold; something I use in th cold is hot h20 in a nalgene bottle, in a sock, real nice & lasts all nite.

w/ all the gloves/inserts/overgloves... Nothing like heated grips to keep u warm/protected when ur really out there, oh boy do u have these?

fantastic all th wrenching, looks like spirit is running really strong now. I gather ur front fender AL supports did what u wanted?

after a book of red barns, you cld do a book of flowers, exclnt picts!

All the Best,
    Happy Trails, dean :ricky
  12. Bruce H

Bruce H Bruce H

Oddometer:
    Ester, nice meeting you. For sure nice the day you were here, much different today. Water is why Hebo has all those trees...​

Arriving from Sisters where there was snow...​

[​IMG]

wakeing up...​

[​IMG]

almost packed...​

[​IMG]

Nice day for a send off...​

[​IMG]
  13. 8lives

8lives WTF, in Cannabis we trust.

Oddometer:
    Good pics Bruce!
  14. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    More rain today!
    At one point the water was so high I worried about getting flooded!
    So I donned my rain gear and dug a trench. Yay that helped immensely.
    Will post pictures and replies when back in a town
  15. Bruce H

Bruce H Bruce H

Oddometer:
    Ester, looks like you might have a bit more rain in the next few days... Hang in there! Sequim looks wet about now, Anckorage forcast 61 and sunny... Keep dreaming of sun.
  16. 8lives

8lives WTF, in Cannabis we trust.

Oddometer:
    Ester what is the turnbuckle on the left side near your radiator?I was looking and it's got me wondering.
  17. tommu56

tommu56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your welcome!

I enjoy you ride report and hope you can keep going I know it is a drop in the bucket but it will get you to another point in your adventure.

Tom (Joseph only to my Mom and bill collectors :D)
  18. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    Feike, where in this big old state of Washington do you live???
  19. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    Ashland is cool! I was there years ago and really liked it. If I do head back down I'll come say hi :D
  20. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:

REI $14.95 They also have a bigger one, not sure how much that was but I think $25 or so

My daughter gave me that idea, as she likes to sleep on her bear. He has a uniquely original name, Teddy :lol3
    I also like hanging it behind me on my bike so folks can see I am of the female species, and hopefully they will keep their distance as quite a few of the male species seem to think that women can't really ride. Not on this forum of course :lol3

I did not need to waterproof it until after about 6 months of use. I just use the waterproofing spray at wallyworld

the little hand-warming packets are plain wonderful!!!

Nope, I am seriously thinking about getting them though, either that or heated gloves

Yep!!!