CBS sports GET OUT!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by kellymac530, Apr 21, 2013.

1. kellymac530

kellymac530 motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
    I am so sick of CBS jacking up my SX series schedule.
    What the heck is wrong with leaving it on Speed every saturday night so I can watch it in full, total coverage, heats, interviews, even some coverage of LCQs the whole enchilada. But NO. Freaking stupid CBS has to jump in randomly and screw up the recording of it. Delaying it. Only covering ONE heat and a couple highlights of the other heat, no LCQ, Lots of retarded interviews with snowmobile racers instead of the racers I am tuned in to ACTUALLY watch.

GET OUT. GO AWAY. LEAVE MY SX ON SPEED
    and take that dumbass Ralph Shaheen with you.
  2. zenjen

zenjen Go Outside

Oddometer:
    :twitch
  3. Xmoto

Xmoto Death Race

Oddometer:
    Dvr
  4. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    Calm down, the rest of the season is on Speed.
  5. kellymac530

Oddometer:
    DVR doesn't add coverage.
    The rest of the season doesn't give me back the stuff lost already.

I just wish they would pick a freakin channel and cover the race. I realize SX and MX is not NASCAR but you get 20 hrs of NASCAR coverage every week, maybe more. You can see an interview with the guy who finished 22. 36,43 if you tune into the right shows, but I can not get the full 3 hours of SX and the interviews with the podium. If you program you DVR to record CBS sports spectacular automatically then I get to delete HOURS of bull riding and golf because they all go under the same show name.

Just leave it on Speed and let me see the whole night.
  6. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:
    IMO, the worst part is the missing laps of the Main due to a commercial break.

We know the race ran last night. We know it is all edited and tape delayed. Why cut more of the actual race coverage out due to a commercial?
  7. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    it's not real complicated. they sell commercials, that's how they make money.
  8. ct-ktm

ct-ktm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes they sell commercials...

You don't miss downs in a football game because of a commercial do you.??.

Pretty sure that was his point..!
  9. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I do understand how TV Stations make money though.

If they are tape delaying a race (or any sport for that matter) why cut some of the sport out in order to fit in the commercials.

When you watch Football/Baseball/Basketball/Track/Swimming/X-Games/etc, they show the commercials between the action. They don't cut out the game/race to show the commercial.

Even in Nascar they try to show commercials during the yellow flag.

But, during a short 20 lap race we miss out on two laps for commercials.....:deal

During your 60 Minutes show on Sunday night, did you miss out on 1/10th of the show because they ran commercials over it? No, they Edited the running the show to provide breaks for commercials to run.

If you tape delay a race how hard would it be to provide a 2 minute break for commercials to run? No, they skip right over it (those two laps) just like it is running live. Again, we all (well, some of us) understand it is tape delayed.
  10. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer:
    Who watches 60 minutes any more after Andy Rooney died?
  11. kellymac530

Oddometer:
    ct and Uller get my frustration.

Almost all TV shows run about 15 mins between breaks. Why can't they load up on comercials before and after a 450 main even when it is live so we do not miss any racing.

I would rather watch a commercial and get my entire motos covered than miss my motos but get that ALL important interview with a golfing idiot or snowmobile moron or better yet, ANOTHER picture of some losers dog on his motorcycle wearing gear watching SX....that is awesome. :huh

I am watching racing...show mw racing. Lots of down time between RACING for commercials.

Remember when you watched broadcast TV you got commercials but on cable channels you PAID for you did not get commercials...don't we ALL pay for Speed channel? They can not even show a 20 min or less moto without a 2 lap commercial?
  12. kellymac530

Oddometer:
    Who the hell watched BEFORE he died except my grandpa?
  13. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    I almost thought I was watch'n a race from back then when I flipped on the 250's. What a terrible picture. Get some HD Speed, or give it all to CBS.
  14. NYTrainer

NYTrainer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    SX will always take a back seat to NASCAR on Speed...Whenever there is a Saturday night car race, we will watch the short version of SX on CBS the next day.
  15. kellymac530

Oddometer:
    I have Speed in HD and it looks the same as CBS.
  16. Jeuneyer

Jeuneyer Junior

Oddometer:
    anywhere to watch races streaming or online? All i can find is clips or highlights.
  17. kellymac530

Oddometer:
    I have not found a live action site. Just that streaming where it is glitchy like a series of photos flipping, not linear.

It may be out there, but I want to watch it on my big flat screen full HD not on my 17" monitor.
  18. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    All we want to see is the crashes,and we did.Several times in Eli's case.Football,Baseball etc,ACTION?I think not.Some study said the average football player saw like 6 min of total action in a game?Pleease!:puke1
  19. WildAnCrazymtl

WildAnCrazymtl Political Prisoner

Oddometer:
    People's Republik of Kanada, Québec province!
    If you can get it to you I pad, apple tv will get it you big screen. You can also record your stream and send it wireless to your big screen with the right tv/coumputer farcles. :D
  20. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:
    You sound like my girlfriend, I say something and she argues a completely different point. This discussion isn't about the quality of action in football, baseball or how much playing time pro's see theses days, it is about the piss poor coverage, by CBS Sports, of the Supercross Race only.

BTW, if you are going to debate something, at least, get your facts straight. :lol3

#17 Eli Tomac races in the Supercross Lites Class which was originally aired on Speed on Sunday @ 2:30. (and I thought they did much better than CBS and it was all taped at the same time.....)