Someone has to do it (Bimota)

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by wpbarlow, Nov 17, 2012.

1. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  2. vicvegas

vicvegas eager beaver

Oddometer:
    I owned a CBR 600 F4i years ago and i found it just boring to ride anywhere near the speed limits so i had to get rid of it cause i knew it was gonna result in me and my liecence parting ways. anytime i look at sport bikes like this i wonder how anyone can ride these things on the street and enjoy it with out ending up in jail?
  3. kraven

kraven GoPro Anti-Hero Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well done, Mr. Barlow. :clap
  4. wpbarlow

Oddometer:
    I agree 100%

But some of them sure are pretty.
  5. kraven

Oddometer:
    This has a supercharged Ducati 1198 engine. It's gonna be a hoot anywhere from stop to top speed.
  6. wpbarlow

Oddometer:
    Good thing too-- as we all know how dangerously underpowered the regular 1198 is. :lol3
  7. Grainbelt

Grainbelt marginal adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think I like the one with the S1000RR motor more better.

[​IMG]
  8. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've always said the same thing. When I owned a Ninja 250 and an EX500, everybody asked why I did not get a "real" sportbike. I replied that therese were "real" sport bikes, and the only thing they didn't do that the supersports did was go ridiculously fast. Apparently that is the general consensus of what a sport bike is "supposed" to do. To me sport riding is all about handling, and a smaller, slower, cheaper, and less expensive to insure bike can do that just as well. Unless you are a racer and spend a lot of time on the track, I see no purpose in high powered super fast sport bikes. Plus they are also usually very painful to ride slow. The smaller bikes are almost always more comfortable, yet still handle well enough for 95% of all riders. Most riders have no idea what a Ninja 250 can actually do, and quickly dismiss it as a "beginner" bike. I got 3 speeding tickets on my Ninja 250, all in tight curves where the speed limit dropped way down and there was a cop on the other side. Fortunately they were all no points violations, but I learned to cool it. On a 250.
  9. Craneguy

Craneguy British Hooligan

Oddometer:
    Come and live in Mexico ;)

Speeding tickets are just an ovehead of bike ownership... If you can find a cop who can be bothered to stop you.
  10. kraven

Oddometer:
    I think you should delete 50% of your signature. :lol3
  11. Just GO!

Just GO! I wish I were good at something.

Oddometer:

Ya out run 'em. They can't stick you in jail if they can't catch ya. :lol3

BTW

Those are two very good looking bikes.
  12. Wolfgang55

Wolfgang55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is one hot looking scoot.

Enjoy them while you can.
    At 69 here I find myself always over riding my abilities while on my buell 1125cr. BUT, this too is a fantastic to ride scoot.
  13. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Common sense and discretion my friend. There are times and places where those activities are possible without intervention by the authorities. Age and experience are the answer to the question of where they are. Almost 9 years and 90K+ miles on the Tuono and 2 minor speeding tickets to show for it.
  14. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
    It's so true!

Some of the guys I used to ride with were riding sportbikes and would bust my balls about riding on my Softail. I LOVED the drivetrain on the Softail, so torquey smooth and tuned perfectly for the real world.....sure it wouldn't do wheelies or stoppies or go 160, but man was it am amazing engine for the real world. I sold it to get a GSA that I still have now, because I couldn't go offroad with the Softail and truthfully, the cornering clearance was a really dangerous thing - you could easily get going waaaaaay to fast for those floorboards to hit at 24 degrees of lean :eek1

I doubt I'll ever get another true sportbike unless I buy track time for it.