Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2014, 08:57 PM   #181
B02S4
Aye

Oddometer: 976
Saw one on the showoom floor at Blackman's Cycle today.
B02S4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:38 PM   #182
Contevita
Cigar Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,626
So, I was finally able to take a ride over to the "local" EBR dealer in Pensacola, the BMW dealership. They have three there, one of each color but the black on was on loan at the Harley dealer across the street (I guess to show off what they're missing ). I must say that the bike is amazing to finally see in person and I fell in love with it until I sat on it. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic looking ride but at my height, 6'5", I found that I can only view half the LCD screen in a riding position; I can see the lower half but then the top half is cut off and I can barely see it through the top of the wind screen. This sucks for me because eventually I'd like to install a smoked or black aftermarket screen. The LCD is in a fixed position and is not adjustable. Leg room is fine as well as my belly. The other issue I have is that, compared to the Panigale and the S1000RR I've already tried, my wrists feel somewhat stressed and unnatural when in a riding position. Yes, I know you're not suppose to rest on your wrist but rather to use your core for support, but it just didn't feel right to me. As much as I want this bike, I think I'm going to have to look at the Panigale and the S1000RR again. The riding position is more comfortable to me and the gauges are easier to view.

I still have to check out the ergonomics on the RC8 and until I get a chance to do that I'll have to stick with this 11 year old Blackbird for a while longer. On the other had, I checked out the Urals they had in stock. Man, I'm thinking of going the other direction and get one of these to slow down and smell the roses. That Ural Gaucho Rambler is one neat ride.

Sorry no photos, forgot my camera.
Contevita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:46 PM   #183
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contevita View Post
So, I was finally able to take a ride over to the "local" EBR dealer in Pensacola, the BMW dealership. They have three there, one of each color but the black on was on loan at the Harley dealer across the street (I guess to show off what they're missing ). I must say that the bike is amazing to finally see in person and I fell in love with it until I sat on it. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic looking ride but at my height, 6'5", I found that I can only view half the LCD screen in a riding position; I can see the lower half but then the top half is cut off and I can barely see it through the top of the wind screen. This sucks for me because eventually I'd like to install a smoked or black aftermarket screen. The LCD is in a fixed position and is not adjustable. Leg room is fine as well as my belly. The other issue I have is that, compared to the Panigale and the S1000RR I've already tried, my wrists feel somewhat stressed and unnatural when in a riding position. Yes, I know you're not suppose to rest on your wrist but rather to use your core for support, but it just didn't feel right to me. As much as I want this bike, I think I'm going to have to look at the Panigale and the S1000RR again. The riding position is more comfortable to me and the gauges are easier to view.

I still have to check out the ergonomics on the RC8 and until I get a chance to do that I'll have to stick with this 11 year old Blackbird for a while longer. On the other had, I checked out the Urals they had in stock. Man, I'm thinking of going the other direction and get one of these to slow down and smell the roses. That Ural Gaucho Rambler is one neat ride.

Sorry no photos, forgot my camera.
2 words - Double bubble !

I've heard the same complaint about the screen, but I must be used to sport bikes - it didn't bother me.

Oh, for ergonomics, you must try the RC8R. It has so much factory adjustability built in, it's almost cheating.
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going, still for sale.
Florida Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:40 AM   #184
Kawasakirob
Flick the Bean

Oddometer: 692
Don't know if its been said, but each EBR dealer has a demo unit for test rides

Something to take full advantage of.
Crutchlow #35, Hayden #69, Sykes #66, Herrin #2

Go Edwards # 5
Go Stoner #27
Kawasakirob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:21 AM   #185
Gypped
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawasakirob View Post

I'm planning on going to the local dealer either Friday or Saturday and taking the demo for a spin. I stopped in this past Sat to look at it, and didn't realize they had a demo until I'd talked to the salesman - unfortunately it was down at an event that had slipped my radar, so I couldn't go on it then.

They've also got a '09 1125CR that they took in on a trade that I may have to talk to them about as well.... 13 grand less is a pretty good incentive, I'm probably (a little) less likely to catapult myself into low orbit to my death, and so far I don't mind the look of the silly shoulders on it.
Gypped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:33 PM   #186
Hughlysses
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,245
Interesting video interview with Erik on Fox Business News, right on the 1190RX production line:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/35779...#sp=show-clips
Old 06-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #187
Hughlysses
Beastly Adventurer

Greg's Garage- track test video from Indy. His guys LIKE it.

http://vimeo.com/98161669
Old 06-14-2014, 06:48 AM   #188
Hughlysses
Beastly Adventurer

MotorcycleDaily.com EBR 1190RX first ride:

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2014/...md-first-ride/

and another ride report from Motorcycle.com:

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...irst-ride.html

Hughlysses screwed with this post 06-14-2014 at 06:53 AM
Hughlysses is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:25 AM   #189
V4V
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawasakirob View Post

after reading this i went last week to do just that.......... and i was disappointed, the demo unit they had at the dealer here in Miami, FL was having some issues, running very rough and the TC was lighting up like a xmas tree, not pleasant at all and the idiots at the dealer kept saying it was just the character of a big v-twin sport bike...... fucking idiots... i still took it for a spin..... issues and all and after 10miles it smoothed out but gave a new engine code event which on that nice LCD was very visible lol. but with the heat from the pipe on the right side and the fans blowing heat directly on your shins i wouldn't ride it everyday. tis a shame cause they even had it in that awesome yellow! oh and fucking christ was that clutch heavy!
V4V is offline   Reply With Quote