Biffed off the Beemer...

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by C-Stain, Apr 23, 2013.

1. dresda

dresda Long timer

Oddometer:
    Comic relief!

Sent via aldis lamp on Tapatalk
  2. Trane Francks

Trane Francks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I take it that when you mentioned you'd like some Dry Sack, LGB didn't realize you meant a bottle of sherry. :norton
  3. TREE

TREE Interloper

Oddometer:
    Hope you're healing up Craig . . . just heard about this from Amedee.

Those beemers get jealous when the KLRs show off, try to avoid hanging out with those low lifes.

Oops, I ride a DR . . . pot / kettle.
  4. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Tree. I am coming along. I have about another two weeks before I can think about weight bearing again.

I think the Beemer is going to be really jealous when I sell my V-Strom and bring home a KLX or a TW200 for the more gnarly off road trips. :D.

This won't stop me - just gonna slow me down a bit.
  5. dwoodward

dwoodward Long timer

Oddometer:
    DRZ-400S, perhaps. Or an SM, and pick up a set of dirt wheels off eBay which is what I did. Then you can have your off-road bike and on-road stoppies, too.

Although the DRZ does come with a little hooligan devil that sits on your shoulder and whispers "faster- it'll be more fun... Oooh, that looked like that hurt. Sorry about the cracked ribs." At least mine did.
  6. NJ-Brett

NJ-Brett Brett Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you really do not want to fall, and if you do fall and you don't want to get hurt, the TW200 is tops.
    The only bike I rode a lot in the dirt without falling.
    They are REAL good at that, and going through sand/swamps...

I had one after I recovered, because my wife would kill me if I got busted up right after I was back in operation...

7. BlueNozr

BlueNozr R90S Lifer

Oddometer:
    Hey C-Stain how's the weight bearing coming along. Will you make an appearance at the Bluenose rally at the end of June?
    Hope you're making progress. :)
  8. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hopefully will be weight bearing by next Wednesday after my next appointment. And yes, we are planning on spending the whole weekend at the Rally - I may not be riding, but I'm looking forward to it and seeing everybody!
  9. Mimic

Mimic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just the thought of the ambulance ride over that stuff makes my leg hurt all over again. I did mine in the middle of Toronto. The ride over potholed city streets was bad enough.
    In my case they tried the plate first and the bone wouldn't heal. Second try was with the pin down the centre and I walked out of the hospital.
    That was two years ago, my foot still has nerve tingling constantly but it's getting better.
    I can't imagine having to pay for those surgeries.
    Heal well.
  10. fastredbike

fastredbike getting back in the fight Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jeebus Craig! Sorry man, I just heard about this. Those X-rays gave me a chill but it seems you're recovering we'll. hope to get out for a ride with ya again soon!
  11. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Doug!

I'm slowly going crazy from not doing anything, Mrs Stain caught me staring at the ceiling yesterday and asked what was wrong - told her I was TV, Netflix and Interneted out. Six weeks is a long time and I'm looking very forward to my appointment on Wed.

Thanks for the Well Wishes!
  12. dresda

dresda Long timer

Oddometer:
    Learn to knit! Seriously! Good for the dexterity and you have something to do.

Or crochet an afghan.

Sent via aldis lamp on Tapatalk
  13. Trane Francks

Oddometer:
    Having knitted several horrendous scarves during my tween years, I find myself having to agree. :eek1
  14. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can admit that I have spent FAR too much time watching the Food Network. I'm now planning an extended Motorcycle Tour that encompasses all the restaurants featured in "You Gotta Eat Here" and "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives". That and most of the Food Trucks on "Eat Street".

That Goldwing Trike is looking better and better.... :lol3
  15. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, six weeks, and almost 7 have come and gone. Tomorrow actually marks the start of my 8th week of convalescence. I had a positive report from teh doc last Wednesday. I can now start feather weight bearing on the bad leg and I now have a prescription for physio. I can also start on a stationary bike at the gym.

Its frustrating...I don't have any strength in my knee. I got myself hung up on the stairs yesterday and ended up putting alot more than featherweight on my leg - and the knee just buckled. I just want to be better... I have a big understanding for folks now who have been hurt worse than me.
  16. dresda

dresda Long timer

Oddometer:
    I couldn't believe how rapidly I suffered muscle loss in my 'bad' leg, especially from the thigh. Within just a few weeks it was about half the diameter of my other leg.

Keep a stiff upper lip and all that! :1drink
  17. Trane Francks

Oddometer:
    +1 on this. Not only does it go down too damned quickly, building up the muscle again takes a looooong time and a looooot of work.
  18. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not afraid of the work. Doc gave me permission to start on the stationary bike at the gym, and I start physio on Thurs.

I'm no gym rat - but I'll give it a shot.

I've pushed myself a bit too hard today and did some Southern Style Ribs on the smoker. They were DAMN good, but the swelling is nasty tonight.
  19. advNZer?

advNZer? Long timer

Oddometer:
    exercise lots..the calf is a tough muscle to rebuild.keep at it
  20. AirforceGSRider244

AirforceGSRider244 Hardcore adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ive broken bones before but you need be sure not to push yourself to hard. doing so can just make the process take longer. :lift ive had quite a few bad spills before and luckily i only needed sets of stitches or scrapes. sounds like you guys were having alot of fun. (except for the fall) :muutt
    but i hope you get better soon :) keep on riding :dllama