The Sandbox Oil Change Discussion

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Mugwest, Dec 17, 2012.

1. brewmann

brewmann Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think it's gonna be real quiet till after 11:45 AM

Dr.Z knows I'm just fooking with him...I think....LOL...:rogue
  2. Davebert

Davebert Too damn serious!

Oddometer:
    Did you see the topic?

Riding Regional forums The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan The Sandbox Oil Change Discussion
  3. Hatch

Hatch Perpetually lost

Oddometer:
    :rofl

there ya go dave. I know you're just trying to be funny man, but you gotta understand, you're being the kid in class that when everyone else has their hand up to discuss their point of view, you start yelling out "PENIS"
    You know, some of the kids in class are actually interested in the subject and they get perturbed by all the chuckleheads everywhere you go around these forums. I think that was the whole idea of the "CHIT" - it was THE place to deposit chuckleheadery. and the wwoyffwi or whatever, and the 2 or three threads that came out of that.. and theres a pee-leak thread for negative stuff.. not to mention, if you wanna chat with/perturb some really sensitive types, there's always JoMomma. :deal

That being said, now that I think about it, at ADV gatherings its pretty much all chuckleheadery (and all in good fun) - maybe thats why it's so prevalent on the forum.. But brother mug said in the OP that he did not want this to go downhill like the more generalized threads - you're violating the OP's rules, man. :nono

and back on topic, I feel that the "thug culture" has most certainly affected soft minds in this country, and the glorification of violence in alllll types of media doesn't help, even if it's not proven to cause anything..

and back to the specific OP topic, it looks like Texas is looking at implementing a Firearms Protection Act like Wyoming. This gives me hope for this country, seeing State Legislatures take a stand against the Feds.
  4. Chicken Helmet

Chicken Helmet I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer:
    John Noveske made an interesting observation on Facebook before his death. I don't believe video games, music, tv or any other one outlet causes people to do what they do. The one common denominator is mood/mind altering prescribed pharmaceuticals.

I also read in his post that parent of one of the younger girls who hung herself was mad at the dr because they told him they didn't like the mood she was in and wanted her off the drugs. So why did the parents not a) stop medicating the child and b) get a second opinion.
  5. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:

:thumb
  6. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just listened to the President’s press conference on reducing violence and I found one section ironic enough that I had to comment on it.

I am paraphrasing, “we are endowed with certain inalienable rights, but what we must understand, what our founders understood, is that with those rights comes responsibilities. While we live our lives as we will, we must allow others to do the same"

Mr. President, I do not need a lecture about personal rights and responsibilities from a President who’s tenure has been marked by Healthcare Bill that requires me to buy insurance or face penalties, has seen the National debt more than double, and who’s political enabling has seen government assistance rolls sky rocket. No sir, I do not find you, or anyone in Washington, qualified to teach me about personal responsibility and rights infringement.
  7. Chicken Helmet

Chicken Helmet I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer:
    Would have liked to heard that speech but thankfully i'm still employed but without tv access.
  8. brewmann

Oddometer:
    +1, I thought I was going to puke. I kept screaming "you fucking hypocrite" at the TV....made me so mad I came back to work. :cry
  9. Hatch

Hatch Perpetually lost

Oddometer:
    ya know, I'm glad im not the only one. However, I do this at any "news" network. can't stand to watch the propaganda channels at all.

CH - you're absolutely right, Rx has gone insane but I think thats worldwide (in non-3rd world countries)
  10. motomike14

motomike14 Thumper Crusader Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would have said penis.
  11. Warin

Warin Retired

Oddometer:
    Heard many speeches. Some had the outcome desired. Most did not. Some had no effect in the long term. Probably why I don't pay much attention to them. :1drink

What will be the effect on the ground? We'll have to wait and see.
  12. brewmann

Oddometer:
  13. Hatch

Hatch Perpetually lost

Oddometer:
  14. Buzztail

Oddometer:
  15. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    I got all of that you want at $32.00 box :ear I can even throw in some $60 p-mags.... INSANE

Everyone is out of everything. Small distributors, large importers, boutique loaders....
  16. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    For those wondering exactly what happened today:

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
    2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
    3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
    4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
    5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
    6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
    7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
    8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
    9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
    10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
    11. Nominate an ATF director.
    12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
    13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
    14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
    15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
    16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
    17. Release a letter to health-care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law-enforcement authorities.
    18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
    19. Develop model emergency-response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
    20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental-health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
    21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
    22. Commit to finalizing mental-health-parity regulations.
    23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
  17. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:

You're right... the local Walmart had about 5 boxes of 9mm, 5-6 boxes of 32, and 8-10 boxes of 25. The rest of the cabinet was empty! :huh

WTF, the swarming chuckleheads bought it all out. :cry

Dammit, I should have invested in gun company stocks a while ago. :bluduh

Fookers are making a killing (no pun intended)! :D
  18. brewmann

Oddometer:

I'm good. I have a decent stash in case the Ruskies show up.
  19. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    Yeah for $32/box I could prolly find some XM193 to sell too! Hell for that kinda money, reloading starts lookin like the Deal of the CenturyTM:nod
  20. Woods Rider

Woods Rider X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer:
    Every gun shop I've been to since December has been packed (even during a weekday when most would be at work). My neighbor has been looking for ammo from Walmart and was told a shipment was coming in Monday night. It came in and all the 22 and 9mm ammo was sold out before Tuesday morning!

More hysteria folks!